What's your favorite mineral makeup brand?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There are so many brands to choose from that I would like some recommendations please. Glo minerals, Pur minerals, Jane Iradale or something else perhaps?

Hi Reija,

I love Bare Escentuals Mineral Foundation. I think the coverage is outstanding. I have never been a big powder user because I thought is was too cakey, muchless give me any coverage. Its so quick to put on too, a big plus for me because I'm always in a big rush in the morning. The finish is flawless, very smooth. If you do decide to get it you must also get their brush too, it just does not go on right without.

My fave mineral brand (and the only one I've ever tried!) is Aromaleigh
smile.gif
I use their Pure Powder which provides light to medium coverage, depending upon how much you use and application method. I use a flocked sponge to apply it, and I get medium coverage. Works well on my combo skin. HTHS!

Well, I'd have to say Aromaleigh. I've also tried Jane Iredale and Mineral Secrets. I just like the Aromaleigh best. It's alot like Jane Iredale but much less expensive. I started out ordering samples because their color choice is a bit overwhelming. The sample jars are a generous amount so you can use it for awhile and experiment with mixing colors to find your perfect match. I purchased samples of both the pure powder (light to med. coverage) and pure cover (heavy coverage). Although I thought I needed a heavier coverage, I found that the pure powder applied in a few layers was fine. Their powder for oil control (forgot the name) is the best I have ever used, and I have very oily skin. I would also recommend the kabuki brush for application. It took some practice to get the application right, but now I would never go back to my old foundations. It really is worth a try.

I tried Jane Iredale and liked it ok. I was telling my girlfriends about it and one of them mentioned that she tried Mineralogie Mineral Makeup. I tried it and actually much prefer it over Jane Iredale. The Mineralogie powders seem to look more natural and are higher quality. The only problem is there are no places that sell it near my home. I was able to find it online though at Mineral Makeup Source. I was not ready to dive in so I tried some samples from that site. I chose my foundation color from there and now its all I use.

Hope this helps

Dana

my favorite's got to be lauress!

out of all the mineral make up brands i've tried, lauress is the most silkiest and makes my skin feel super soft! i don't need much coverage so i only apply a light layer. i wish it's a little less expensive. i was hoping one of the less expensive brands would be my choice but i ended up loving lauress.

I'm new to here
smile.gif

My favorites are Joppa and Meow.

Joppa gives me a great coverage and Meow gives me a

soft focused look
wink.gif

Well, I'm still looking but so far I would say Aubry Nicole Soft coverage(haven't used the full coverage), Lumiere flawless face and Lumiere Luminess. I still have samples of Lauress and Fyrinnae on the way.

Foundations? I'm waiting on the pro-testers on this forum to come to a general conclusion. Even if out of the 8 ladies that I'm constantly watching and reading on, even if they narrow it down to 2 I can deal with that. So I'm still patiently waiting on:

Gvieve

Hoozey

Ruby2

Lilita

Periwinklesky

Pedo

Parasite

Memaize

I gotta go and check on some of these names. Be back to edit if I have to.

Back now. I appreciate you ladies diligently testing and critiquing. I need you to do this. But understand that I'm running low on foundation and the very kind lady who hooked me up with tons of other stuff is no longer interested in making mineral makeup (I shamelessly asked her to PLEASE make me a foundation)

So now I just need a great foundation to complete me

coromo - Hope you don't mind me asking... what are you looing for in a foundation? Do you like sheer/medium/full coverage? Glowy/matte? What brand/shade are you wearing now that works for you?

Hi Coromo, it's hard for me to narrow it down to 2. Here are my top favorites, in order:

Meow Flawless Feline

Monave CF

Lumiere Flawless Face

Milan (but still trying to find the right match)

Melange

I hope this helps you!

Originally Posted by lilita /img/forum/go_quote.gif coromo - Hope you don't mind me asking... what are you looing for in a foundation? Do you like sheer/medium/full coverage? Glowy/matte? What brand/shade are you wearing now that works for you? Hi Lilita, no I don't mind at all because I'd really like advice from you guys.1. I would like something that feels light but will last all day and hopefully will help prevent oilies at least somewhat without constant blotting

2. I'd like a natural like finish but not like BE's. Something more semi-matte.

I don't like Lumiere's VV it feels yuck on my skin by afternoon.

FF was good but I never really could find a good match and to me it was just kind of OK. Maybe I didn't use it right or something but it didn't excite me like it has so many others. The price was exciting though!
laughing.gif

Valerie's was the best so far that I've used but that didn't last so long, maybe I am using too much but it didn't look like it was too heavy.

Monave was excellent too but then it just kind of looked too dry on my face.

Thank you and I hope I've given enough information for you to guide me.

Originally Posted by ruby2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi Coromo, it's hard for me to narrow it down to 2. Here are my top favorites, in order:
Meow Flawless Feline

Monave CF

Lumiere Flawless Face

Milan (but still trying to find the right match)

Melange

I hope this helps you!

Thank you Ruby2. Your top 2 are very helpful in this. (And lucky me that Meow is having a sale)

Coromo what foundation are u wearing in ur avatar? it doesnt look ashy at all!..n i wud love 2 kno..bcus im on the hunt for a non-ahsy mineral foundation...for darker skin tones...which ive noticed it REAllY hard to find

Coromo-

My favorite is Lumiere FF- It covers my issues and stays- but I don't have any oilies.

Monave has great coverage but finding the right color can be expensive unless you know a couple of good choices ahead of time. Definitely get some advice from their forum or directly from them.

Milan is what I'd opt for if I were you. Candace gears her colors to women of color and Gvieve swears by it. Her rave about her friend saying something about how she finally looked pretty not wearing makeup when she was wearing Milan actually. That's how perfect it looked on her skin. I am awaiting samples from Milan and Meow, but if you are running low- I'd be sampling Milan RIGHT now. She ships extra fast and will help you with color choices too.

Good luck!!

hi coromo,

that's some good advice from Hoozey there!

Yeah, I think you should try Milan. (Mixing 3 shades in Meow sounds like way too much work and money!) Candace/owner of Milan is really helpful and cool too
smile.gif

i REAllY like my ocean mist samples! i think i might stick with OM since the color is jus about perfect!.! n makes my skin look flawless!...but i also really want 2 try the Milan...ive heard soo many good things about it..

Latest posts

Back