What's your favorite Mineral Makeup Foundation Powder?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Silica shells and regular silica powder don't act in the same manner at all. If mixing regular silica into your mineral foundation, yes you'll get less coverage. Not so with silica shells. They feel nothing like regular silica powder, absorb far more oil, and it actually adheres to the skin rather than just rolling off it as the spheres/regular silica powder does.

I have tried only Bare Minerals. I bought a starter pack. While I love the sheer coverage, the original shade is a little orange for my skin tone (I have very very light skin). The blemish cover shade is GREAT! Really a great find.

I saw on their website that they also do a lot of other shades and now have a matt range as well as the sheer range. I will get some the next time I see it.

I have had no skin reactions. It goes on smoothly, but too much around the eyes do bring out the little wrinkles... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Over all I love this brand.

I am using FIT ME Foundation by MAYBELLINE. It is non-comedogenic and tested by dermatologist for its effectiveness. It's lightweight pigments and translucent base give you a natural look. 

I like Mary Kay's.. my first mineral foundation which I used, and probably would be the last, works well on my skin..

I've tried Bare Minerals ( which I simply hate! Cakey, itchy , made me super oily, no staying power and broke me out! ), along with some others ( such as lily lolo, lumiere, buffd, cory, EDM, mad minerals, elegant minerals ).

I actually have 3 mineral brands that I love and keep going back to. It is Silk Naturals, Lucy Minerals and Meow Cosmetics. 

Silk Naturals and Meow cosmetics have 3 formulations ( light coverage, medium coverage and heavy coverage ).  While Lucy has heavy coverage only.

Meow cosmetics has the widest range of colors though ( widest I have ever seen with more than 80 shades! ), and the most matte one too and easiest to apply. Looks fabulous as soon as I apply it. They all have AMAZING coverage , but the one that lasts on me the most and keeps me matte is Meow ( even on my super oily skin! )

If you want complete and utter pure ingredients with nothing added then I suggest meow, especially since they have a sensitive skin fomula and it still lasts all day.
rolleyes.gif

( Lucy has one too but it doesnt last on my oliy skin )

I love how everyone is sharing their experiences with the different mineral products.  I have recently been switching my cosmetics and other items to more natural products.  Try Afterglowcosmetics.com.  I ordered a blush and a finishing veil and like them very much.  Happy sharing everyone!  
icon_cheesygrin.gif

P.S. I was looking at LA Minerals and was sad to see Yellow "5' in one of their eye products.  Nasty stuff that artificial coloring.  
frown.gif

Musq Mineral Powder have the best I've tried!! I have tried so many but my skin is very sensitive skin and could tell the difference instantly! I used Bare Minerals but it was more expensive and it has bismuth and would slide off my face.  The coverage of Musq is amazing (which I need!) and felt so light on the skin. The customer service, was really helpful with super quick postage. I love their skincare range too. They sell online and to other places too www.musq.com.au hope this helps! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm going to read through all of the recommendations in this thread, since I'd like to try mineral makeup for myself. I have family members who really like Bare Minerals, but I know that there are many other brands to try as well.

I had to resurrect this thread to share that I FINALLY got to the Elea Blake studio to have my custom foundation blended! It was a great experience, got a whole makeover, and in addition to my foundation (still $45), I got good deals on a small blush, lipstick palette, and free eye pot. I've been very pleased over the past week of using these products. If you're ever in Chattanooga, Tennessee, I highly recommend it; if not, you can order sample baggies of things and get a less customized experience but still try some great minerals. (Oh, and their primer is nicknamed "face crack" and it's fabulous. That's what I'm buying on my next trip!)

Terra Firma Cosmetics
HydraSilk Foundation and
Ultra Foundatio contain special ingredients that have a wrinkle blurring effect and is able to expand and contract with facial movements, while floating above small lines, creating smooth flawless skin with great all day staying power.
TFCBEAUTY.COM

Attachments

• 20220210_225646.jpg
    20220210_225646.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back