What's your favorite Mineral Makeup Foundation Powder?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*edited by mod* EarthAngelMinerals

I Love this indie company! The foundation coverage is light & lasts even when I am in water. Earth Angel Minerals told me when I am wearing mineral makeup to just pat my face dry so the makeup stays on. It works! I use Maui Beach in the winter & Kalua Kona in the Summer. They don't use any irritating ingredients & she did a lot of research on her ingredients so she really knows her stuff! I tried Bare Minerals & had a bad reaction.My mom found this one for me & I got a kit for my birthday. I have been using Earth Angel Minerals for a year now & will not use anything else. She is always creating new eye colors & she has the best selection of matte colors available. You should give her a try. She sells her deluxe samples for $1 each & she always sends me free samples with my orders. I ordered the 10 for $10 & ended up with 15 total!

Here is a link to my foundation color:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/56970067/maui-beachtm-foundation-med-barely-tan

I also love her BUTTER CREAM Skin Balancer! You have to try that one. I use it before I put my foundation on, it covers my redness & evens out my skin. It seems like I also use less foundation with this primer.

She sells her foundations in refillable jars & I love the sifter. It rotates & is easy to open & refill.

Hope this helps you!

I used to like Bare Minerals until I moved to Texas and the humidity pretty much ruined it for me. I like Laura Mercier's Mineral Powder.

Originally Posted by tangerinex3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

La Minerals. .. . You can choose 3 types of coverage you want.

http://www.laminerals.com/mineral-makeup-foundation.html

AMEN SISTA!  And the colors are soooo varied.  When my previous TWO mineral foundation companies went out of business, I was stuck for what to use. I fell in love with LA Minerals after I received their samples to try and haven't looked back. Plus my daughter uses them since she gets acne flares and the foundation actually HELPS her when this happens. I have my favorite color in all three formulas depending on what I want to use them for. 

And their eye shadows and blushes are awesome too!!

I like it ALOT. I actually just placed a full order earlier this week. The foundations are nice, the concealers are great. I also love their oil control powder, which also comes in different shades. Which is good becuase so many of those are white ( or "translucent" which shows up white). So the medium shade works perfectly.

The on stage Illuminzer is fun, especially for summer. I detail my shoulders and collar bones with it. Pretty snazzy stuff.

I am really digging the ingredients in the products. No Bismuth, and each formulation has different things in it. I chose the Valley Girl line ( for oily/acne prone skin) and it give awesome coverage and don't feel cloggy by the end of the day for once.

[SIZE=11pt]I use Mary Key mineral powder and foundation, I like them a lot. full and even coverage, it keeps during the whole day and you feel very good. I never had dry skin after using them. I advice everybody to try. And price is really ridiculous. [/SIZE]

But I want to pull from the experiences of all of you:

1. Maybelline Covergirl and some that I bought off a seller/maker on ebay

2. What's your favorite? maybelline and the ones from ebay I hate the CG one its sparkly ...yuck

I am primarily focusing on mineral powder foundations, so things like:

1. Coverage coverage is very nice in both

2. Cakeyness not cakey at all

3. Skin reactions no problems

4. Shade availablility both have many shades I think the ones from ebay had an even wider range

5. and just over cost/ benefit/customer service cost of maybelline was like 8 bucks for 8oz or something and the ones from ebay were 2 10oz for 12 or 5 for 25

Most of these mineral powders don't work for me because they contain that stupid Bismuth Powder or Mica. I have super oily skin, so they look AWFUL on me, and most mineral powders make my skin itch too. I found a really good clear powder called Mattify! Ultra Powder. It soaks up the oil on my face for about 4 hours and I wear it under & over my regular liquid foundation. But, am still looking for a matte colored mineral powder that doesn't get all cakey and oily looking on my skin like Bare Escentuals does. From what I've tried, minerals just don't work for oily skin.

I have pretty oily skin and I wear mineral makeup.  I top it off with HD powder and it keeps me matte for most of the day I do hae to touch up with another dusting 1-2 times a day

Yeah I have fairly oily skin and I use Minerals. L. A. Minerals does NOT use bismuth in their ingredients. I feel like liquid foundation, though it has lasting power and coverage benefits- at the end of the day its clogged my skin up more than minerals ( i think others might agree). And this is even when i use a primer. So for me thats defeating the purpose and setting me on a bad skin viscous cycle. I do keep a bottle of Revlon Color stay on hand but I haven't used it or felt like i needs that kind of solid covering since I stopped using particular brands of makeup that were hurting me skin.

Originally Posted by angels41105 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel like liquid foundation, though it has lasting power and coverage benefits- at the end of the day its clogged my skin up more than minerals ( i think others might agree).
I totally agree with you here.  I always felt really gross

I find Mineral Makeup to be fine for younger women but after 30 it seems to show off every little line on your face.

Originally Posted by Catwalk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I find Mineral Makeup to be fine for younger women but after 30 it seems to show off every little line on your face.

You maybe using the wrong color and or formula. I am 60ish and looks fine on me and most of my clients are 60 plus and use it and it looks good on them. Around the eyes I do put it on  lighter than I do on the face area, but I still put it under the eyes. 

Kathy

I love LA minerals..It really withstands the climate in s'pore.  The oil controlling powder really helps to keep oil at bay too.  Thumbs up for this company.

I've tried everything to stop oil breakthrough, but so far nothing has helped.  Monistat chafing may work a little bit, but my oil is so abundant, a little help really isn't worth it.  I've tried so many different powders (including Mattify ultra) which make no difference whatsoever.  I've tried Milk of Magnesia.  It worked a little too. 

I guess I'll keep blotting every hour.  :-(  I hate blotting.  If anyone with super oily skin found anything to make a big difference, please let me know.... but I'm thinking there's nothing going to stop the oil production (short of accutane and I've heard too many health issues associated with it). 

My first minerals were Neutrogena, Avon (which I hated), and BE back in 2008. I got a free sample of Light foundation from Sephora for a special deal they were offering. I used it pretty much all Summer and into Fall and really liked it; it seemed like it should be too dark/orange for my light/fair skintone, but when I put it on it just looked nice and natural. I stopped using it when I ran out of the sample, but I'd liked it enough to later buy a full jar of it. I was disappointed with it though because I felt like it wasn't quite the same as the sample I'd used; maybe it was just because my skin was a little paler than it had been in Summer? I'm not sure. I stopped using it for a while, but then decided to try it again like a year later; to my dismay, it made my skin itch and was terribly uncomfortable, and I had to wash it off after like an hour. I don't know what caused this change, but I feel like I wasted my money on that full jar. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Other brands I've tried are:

-Everyday Minerals which I felt had nice shade choices but I didn't really like how their formula worked on me. I still use their Intensive Fair concealer though, and various blushes and finishing powders.

-Meow Cosmetics: I bought a bunch of little samples of different shades of foundation, hoping to find a perfect match to my skin. I haven't tried them all but the ones I have tried just didn't quite seem to match up for me. However all the samples I bought were in their lightest formulation and the coverage just wasn't enough for me to really tell. I think I might try their fullest coverage formula next and see how that works.

-Beauty from the Earth: I'm currently using BFTE foundation, which is odd because mainly all I buy from them is eyeshadow. I never really considered their foundation, but eventually bought some samples just because I order so much from them anyway. I discovered I quite like their formula; it's very silky, almost creamy, but finding a perfect match has been a little difficult. They don't offer a huge shade range, and I think they're lacking in a few areas, (a yellow version of their lightest shade Alabaster, for example). Right now I'm using an almost 50/50 mix of Alabaster (lightest pink-toned shade) and Bisque, which is supposedly their lightest yellow-toned shade. Bisque is too dark/orange for me on it's own, and Alabaster is too light/pink. I'm starting to believe I'm more neutral than straight pink or yellow, so I'm thinking about asking them to make me a custom shade using those products as reference. If I could get the color just right, I'd be happy because I really do like their formulation; it's got medium coverage which is perfect for me, since I want to cover my redness and such but not look too heavy. It also doesn't cause me any skin problems, I think it's the most comfortable-feeling mineral powder I've tried. It looks pretty good blended onto my large pores, which tend to make anything look cakey.

Try calistacosmetics.com minerals. 

They do not contain bismuth, talc, dyes, fragrances, etc.  I have their mineral foundation and mineral concealer.  My face has never looked smoother.  I am in love with this brand now.

Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by EV7777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Try calistacosmetics.com minerals. 

They do not contain bismuth, talc, dyes, fragrances, etc.  I have their mineral foundation and mineral concealer.  My face has never looked smoother.  I am in love with this brand now.

Hope this helps!

Oh they are gluten free too! interesting. I might try some of their stuff next. I am almost certain i have some kind of minor gluten allergy, the more i've cut it from my diet the clearer my skin is ( still have hormonal breakouts around " that time" ) But my skin is vastly better than growing up.... so i am impressed that someone has thought to make cosmetics without gluten. I wish more would

I use and love BUTTER Mineral Foundation 4-in-1 from I'm Fabulous Cosmetics. It is silky and make my skin looking air brushed, and cover well any imperfection.

Back