Quantcast

What's your mode of transportation?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I was watching "Pimp Your Ride" earlier and it got me thinking about what we all drive. So, whether you drive a car or ride a bike or walk to work, what's your mode of transportation?

Mine is a silver 2003 Volkwagen Golf that I got in 2003. It was brand new with 7 miles. Its got a sunroof and a wicked sound system.

This picture was taken the weekend I got my car. Excuse the frizzy hair, it was raining that day.

Reaction score
i LOVE your car! i've always wanted one like that. i love VWs, in general, too. i think they're some good-lookin' cars. in kosovo, all they drive are the gulfs. it's an older looking version of that one you have.

i don't drive because the thought of it just SCARES me. i have my permit, though, but never have gotten behind the wheel. the train (metro north) is on the next block and that's 20 mins. to NYC, and then i use subways, buses, etc. i have family/friends that drive, so they're my mode of transportation, as well

EDIT: my family has 2 cars and one is a '96 mitsubishi galant (my brother's) and my mom's car is a 2005 mitsubishi galant.

Reaction score
I adore my car. I was thinking of getting a Jetta but they were a bit too expensive so I decided to get the loaded Golf and I don't regret that decision at all.

My other type of transportation is the San Francisco cable car. Whenever I have friends/family in town, I love getting around the city in the cable car.

Reaction score
We have a 2003 Caddy Escalade ETX(TRUCK MODEL)
for one car and a 2005 Full Size Van for hauling stuff around

Originally Posted by Mariposa

I was watching "Pimp Your Ride" earlier and it got me thinking about what we all drive. So, whether you drive a car or ride a bike or walk to work, what's your mode of transportation?
Mine is a silver 2003 Volkwagen Golf that I got in 2003. It was brand new with 7 miles. Its got a sunroof and a wicked sound system.

This picture was taken the weekend I got my car. Excuse the frizzy hair, it was raining that day.

Reaction score
'99 Toyota Corolla. Only 44,000 miles on it & great on gas. Thinking about a Subaru Forrester to haul my nieces & nephews around. I had 3 in the backseat once, & it was WAY tight for the munchkins.

Reaction score
My baby is a black 2003 Mercedes 230K. I bought it new. Its such a great little car!! Although now that gas is getting to be so high, I'm spending tons on fuel since this car can only use premium.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Never2muchMU My baby is a black 2003 Mercedes 230K. I bought it new. Its such a great little car!! Although now that gas is getting to be so high, I'm spending tons on fuel since this car can only use premium.
Damn!!! Miss Hot Wheels!!!
NICE!!! I drive a 1993 P.O.S (I'm sure we all know what that means... lol) It's a Chevy Cavalier - red... still in great shape, but its not a new car, and certainly doesn't drive like one -
Here's a pic from last summer - I've put the stock wheels back on it since this pic... I couldn't stand getting flats from potholes w/ the lo-profile tires. (Too much of a pain!!!)

Reaction score
PIECE OF SUNSHINE?

sorry I had to say it

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

Damn!!! Miss Hot Wheels!!!
NICE!!! I drive a 1993 P.O.S (I'm sure we all know what that means... lol) It's a Chevy Cavalier - red... still in great shape, but its not a new car, and certainly doesn't drive like one -
Here's a pic from last summer - I've put the stock wheels back on it since this pic... I couldn't stand getting flats from potholes w/ the lo-profile tires. (Too much of a pain!!!)

Reaction score
LOL! Love the truck!

omg I cracked up when I read this

Originally Posted by tylda1969

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, big man on campus!

Reaction score
That's exactly what I thought!! that's not it?
Whatever else could POS mean?
LOL

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) PIECE OF SUNSHINE?
sorry I had to say it

Reaction score
I drive a 2002 Suzuki XL7 and my DH drives a 1994 ford Explorer. My DH doesn't care for the Suzuki. He said that it's too small for him. He is a pretty tall & stalky guy, he's Hawaiian/Samoan, you get the idea. We are planning to trade it in for a Tahoe within the next month or two.

Reaction score
Janelle, I had a 88 red Cavalier in high school, it was my first car and when it was clean and shiny I always thought it was so cute! The body and paint were in great condition even when I sold it, but it had 130,000 miles on it and I needed a more dependable car when I moved far away for grad school.

Now I am driving a dark green 99 Ford Taurus -- I like to joke that I already have the family car, now we just need some kids! lol (Seriously though, no babies are in the plans for several years!) But I bought the Taurus even before I met my husband so I wasn't planning on using it as a family car -- I was just tired of trying to cram all my dorm room stuff into that tiny Cavalier, I wanted a bigger car to move off to grad school with!

Now when I go to class I ride the bus -- students are not allowed to park on campus during the day because the faculty and staff cars fill all the garages!

Liz

Reaction score
i've got a silver mercury cougar 2000.

i got it on dec. 31st 2000. it's funny because i had 2 cars when i was a senior in hs! i had my old car which i drove to school, then i got my current car for going off to college. it has a big dent in the rear passenger fender though. when it was parked on the street at my old place, we think a work trunk ran into it because of how high it is.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by girl_geek Now I am driving a dark green 99 Ford Taurus -- I like to joke that I already have the family car, now we just need some kids! lol (Seriously though, no babies are in the plans for several years!) But I bought the Taurus even before I met my husband so I wasn't planning on using it as a family car -- I was just tired of trying to cram all my dorm room stuff into that tiny Cavalier, I wanted a bigger car to move off to grad school with!
!

I drive a silver Mercury Sable station wagon, which is great for hauling stuff around. But I remember leaving a club one night & a bunch of drunk guys in the parking lot were teasing me about my "soccer mom car". Sad!! I love my wagon!

Reaction score
I drive a dark blue '97 Mercedes C320 sedan. My bf drives a medium blue '98 Ford Explorer. My parents drive a white 2004 Mercedes M320 (dad) and a silver 2005 BMW X3 (mom). Brother drives a white '97 Volvo S70.

My dream car is a Mercedes CL55 AMG roadster- black.

*edited* Did I say too much? I thought people were naming all their family cars. Whoops!

Reaction score
Whoops, I meant to say I drive an *E*320 4D Sedan.

Originally Posted by wongy74 I drive a dark blue '97 Mercedes C320 sedan. My bf drives a medium blue '98 Ford Explorer. My parents drive a white 2004 Mercedes M320 (dad) and a silver 2005 BMW X3 (mom). Brother drives a white '97 Volvo S70.
My dream car is a Mercedes CL55 AMG roadster- black.

*edited* Did I say too much? I thought people were naming all their family cars. Whoops!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony(admin) PIECE OF SUNSHINE?
sorry I had to say it

oh yeah - thats it! LOL My first car was 88' Cav in blue... I've "upgraded" LOL But I think that by the year 2020 I'll finally have a car in this century... probably a 2001. LOL

Latest posts