What's your mode of transportation?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was watching "Pimp Your Ride" earlier and it got me thinking about what we all drive. So, whether you drive a car or ride a bike or walk to work, what's your mode of transportation?

Mine is a silver 2003 Volkwagen Golf that I got in 2003. It was brand new with 7 miles. Its got a sunroof and a wicked sound system.

This picture was taken the weekend I got my car. Excuse the frizzy hair, it was raining that day.

i LOVE your car! i've always wanted one like that. i love VWs, in general, too. i think they're some good-lookin' cars. in kosovo, all they drive are the gulfs. it's an older looking version of that one you have.

i don't drive because the thought of it just SCARES me. i have my permit, though, but never have gotten behind the wheel. the train (metro north) is on the next block and that's 20 mins. to NYC, and then i use subways, buses, etc. i have family/friends that drive, so they're my mode of transportation, as well
wink.gif

EDIT: my family has 2 cars and one is a '96 mitsubishi galant (my brother's) and my mom's car is a 2005 mitsubishi galant.

I adore my car. I was thinking of getting a Jetta but they were a bit too expensive so I decided to get the loaded Golf and I don't regret that decision at all.

My other type of transportation is the San Francisco cable car. Whenever I have friends/family in town, I love getting around the city in the cable car.

We have a 2003 Caddy Escalade ETX(TRUCK MODEL)
wink.gif
for one car and a 2005 Full Size Van for hauling stuff around

Originally Posted by Mariposa

I was watching "Pimp Your Ride" earlier and it got me thinking about what we all drive. So, whether you drive a car or ride a bike or walk to work, what's your mode of transportation?
Mine is a silver 2003 Volkwagen Golf that I got in 2003. It was brand new with 7 miles. Its got a sunroof and a wicked sound system.

This picture was taken the weekend I got my car. Excuse the frizzy hair, it was raining that day.

'99 Toyota Corolla. Only 44,000 miles on it & great on gas. Thinking about a Subaru Forrester to haul my nieces & nephews around. I had 3 in the backseat once, & it was WAY tight for the munchkins.
eek.gif

My baby is a black 2003 Mercedes 230K. I bought it new. Its such a great little car!! Although now that gas is getting to be so high, I'm spending tons on fuel since this car can only use premium.
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU My baby is a black 2003 Mercedes 230K. I bought it new. Its such a great little car!! Although now that gas is getting to be so high, I'm spending tons on fuel since this car can only use premium.
icon_cry.gif
Damn!!! Miss Hot Wheels!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
NICE!!! I drive a 1993 P.O.S (I'm sure we all know what that means... lol) It's a Chevy Cavalier - red... still in great shape, but its not a new car, and certainly doesn't drive like one -
icon_confused.gif
Here's a pic from last summer - I've put the stock wheels back on it since this pic... I couldn't stand getting flats from potholes w/ the lo-profile tires. (Too much of a pain!!!)
icon_rolleyes.gif

PIECE OF SUNSHINE?

sorry I had to say it

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

Damn!!! Miss Hot Wheels!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
NICE!!! I drive a 1993 P.O.S (I'm sure we all know what that means... lol) It's a Chevy Cavalier - red... still in great shape, but its not a new car, and certainly doesn't drive like one -
icon_confused.gif
Here's a pic from last summer - I've put the stock wheels back on it since this pic... I couldn't stand getting flats from potholes w/ the lo-profile tires. (Too much of a pain!!!)
icon_rolleyes.gif

That's exactly what I thought!! that's not it?
icon_razz.gif
Whatever else could POS mean?
confused.gif
LOL

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) PIECE OF SUNSHINE?
sorry I had to say it

I drive a 2002 Suzuki XL7 and my DH drives a 1994 ford Explorer. My DH doesn't care for the Suzuki. He said that it's too small for him. He is a pretty tall & stalky guy, he's Hawaiian/Samoan, you get the idea. We are planning to trade it in for a Tahoe within the next month or two.

Janelle, I had a 88 red Cavalier in high school, it was my first car and when it was clean and shiny I always thought it was so cute! The body and paint were in great condition even when I sold it, but it had 130,000 miles on it and I needed a more dependable car when I moved far away for grad school.

Now I am driving a dark green 99 Ford Taurus -- I like to joke that I already have the family car, now we just need some kids! lol (Seriously though, no babies are in the plans for several years!) But I bought the Taurus even before I met my husband so I wasn't planning on using it as a family car -- I was just tired of trying to cram all my dorm room stuff into that tiny Cavalier, I wanted a bigger car to move off to grad school with!

Now when I go to class I ride the bus -- students are not allowed to park on campus during the day because the faculty and staff cars fill all the garages!

i've got a silver mercury cougar 2000.

i got it on dec. 31st 2000. it's funny because i had 2 cars when i was a senior in hs! i had my old car which i drove to school, then i got my current car for going off to college. it has a big dent in the rear passenger fender though. when it was parked on the street at my old place, we think a work trunk ran into it because of how high it is.

Originally Posted by girl_geek Now I am driving a dark green 99 Ford Taurus -- I like to joke that I already have the family car, now we just need some kids! lol (Seriously though, no babies are in the plans for several years!) But I bought the Taurus even before I met my husband so I wasn't planning on using it as a family car -- I was just tired of trying to cram all my dorm room stuff into that tiny Cavalier, I wanted a bigger car to move off to grad school with!
!

I drive a silver Mercury Sable station wagon, which is great for hauling stuff around. But I remember leaving a club one night & a bunch of drunk guys in the parking lot were teasing me about my "soccer mom car". Sad!! I love my wagon!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I drive a dark blue '97 Mercedes C320 sedan. My bf drives a medium blue '98 Ford Explorer. My parents drive a white 2004 Mercedes M320 (dad) and a silver 2005 BMW X3 (mom). Brother drives a white '97 Volvo S70.

My dream car is a Mercedes CL55 AMG roadster- black.
icon_biggrin.gif

*edited* Did I say too much? I thought people were naming all their family cars. Whoops!
icon_redface.gif

Whoops, I meant to say I drive an *E*320 4D Sedan.

Originally Posted by wongy74 I drive a dark blue '97 Mercedes C320 sedan. My bf drives a medium blue '98 Ford Explorer. My parents drive a white 2004 Mercedes M320 (dad) and a silver 2005 BMW X3 (mom). Brother drives a white '97 Volvo S70.
My dream car is a Mercedes CL55 AMG roadster- black.
icon_biggrin.gif

*edited* Did I say too much? I thought people were naming all their family cars. Whoops!
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) PIECE OF SUNSHINE?
sorry I had to say it

oh yeah - thats it! LOL My first car was 88' Cav in blue... I've "upgraded" LOL But I think that by the year 2020 I'll finally have a car in this century... probably a 2001. LOL
tongue.gif

Latest posts

Back