What's Your Motivation?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know that whenever summer rolls around, alota pple (especially me) is inclined to work out more, and vow to loose weight.

but what is your motivation?

what keeps u going when u hit that 6:30am snooze button for the 5th time? what stops u from making excuses to NOT go work out?

need some desperate motivation! (that lasts for the long run!) cause sometimes "i-want-to-look-hot" is too bland, too simple. i need something that inspires me to work out!
biggrin.gif

I'm am so not a morning exerciser. I always work out in the afternoon when I have no excuse not to. My motivation is the fantastic feeling I get. what is it called, adrenaline? the adrenaline high. And it always feels so wonderful to get out of my chair and move my body, work out all the aches and soreness, get outside to jog around the neighborhood with the puppies. It just feels good.

Originally Posted by MAC I run every other morning. Today I didn't since I wasnt't feeling well. But I guess my motivation comes from my BIG ASS and when I see it in the mirror, I am like WTF! LOL me too, except it is my big fat belly that taunts me!

it's hard for me to get motivated. but i have to go. i just think about how good i will look when i lose weight. i've never been skinny, so i don't know what i will look like when i am.

I guess I'm lucky in that I was raised to be extremely self disciplined when I want to be. When I want to do something, it gets done. So usually I hit the gym as soon as the Kiddie Korner opens at 8am so I can bring my son. Lately though because of the class I'm taking, I'm up around 4:30 doing little exercises at home. I am an imsomniac too, so when I'm tossing and turning I just get up and do some sit ups or something. I know I'm a little weird though.

I have no motivation any time of the year, lol, I have been a lazy bum the last few years .... the only time I had motivation to excercise almost daily was in high school when I wanted to be good on the sports teams!

Have you tried exercising at a different time of the day? If it's hot where you live, you can always exercise in the evening (if it's safe in your neighborhood, or run with some friends), or pay money and join a gym -- maybe paying money would motivate you so you won't feel like you're wasting it! Also think about the health benefits, that might motivate you more than just looking good!

I know I personally hated exercising in the morning ... I would always start feeling faint if I ran before breakfast, so I used to run either in the late morning or after school...

Some day soon though, hubby and I need to start exercising for real, especially since his family has a strong history of heart disease ....

My real motivation to go to the gym is the fact that i want to be healthy for myself and my kids.Um and i dont wnat to have a fat ass,ummm and i like to eat ,if i dont work out ,when im older i might blow up.Its all about mind over body and results,once you tell youreslf ,thats it i want to be fit and sexy,then there is nothing stopping that but you.Everytime i weigh myself and see that i am having actual progress that keeps me going also.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back