What's your season?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Autum Winter Summer Spring Do you know what season your skintone, hair and eyes are? I am a Winter person myself with my dark hair and pale skin. I suit vivid colors like electric blue powerfull purples true reds and pure white and siver. It is pretty amazing how colors from your season will look natually good on you from your makeup and clothes and your even your hair colour. What season do you fall into, and which of the four season's do you prefer? I am a typical Winter and i am not too keen on bright sunlight or hot weather. I suit some Autum colors and well as cool tones.

Candy, how do u find out what season you are??? I'd like to know too Reija
smile.gif

I am definetly a Fall/Autumn, I love the warm earthy colors and they seem to suit me best because of my hazel eyes and medium skin. I purposely stay away from anything bright or pastel.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2 height=27>How to Choose Colors to Flatter Your Skin Tone

</B></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=3>Determine Your Skin Tone </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>
step.gif
</TD><TD>Steps: </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top align=right>1. </TD><TD>Decide which season most accurately describes your complexion. People - and skin tones - can be divided into "seasons," depending on their skin tone. </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top align=right>2. </TD><TD>"Winter" complexions have blue or pink undertones. Skin can be pale white, yellowish-olive, or dark. Winter people are generally brunettes, with deeply colored eyes. Many Asians and African Americans fall into this category. </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top align=right>3. </TD><TD>"Summer" complexions, like winter complexions, have blue or pink undertones. Skin is pale and pink. Summers are often natural blondes or brunettes with pale eyes. </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top align=right>4. </TD><TD>"Autumn": Autumn complexions have golden undertones. Many redheads and brunettes with golden brown eyes fall into this category. </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top align=right>5. </TD><TD>"Spring": Spring complexions have golden undertones and are usually creamy white or peach. Spring people generally have straw-colored or strawberry red hair, freckles, rosy cheeks, and blue or green eyes. </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>
tip.gif
</TD><TD>Tips: </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>
bullet1.gif
</TD><TD colSpan=2>It is often difficult to discriminate summer from winter, and autumn from spring. Remember that winters are usually brunettes while summers can be natural blondes. Springs tend to have pale eyes while autumns have dark eyes. </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=3>Choose Clothes to Flatter Your Skin Tone </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>
step.gif
</TD><TD>Steps: </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top align=right>1. </TD><TD>"Winter": Winters should wear colors that are sharp, stark and clear. White, black, navy blue, red and shocking pink all go well with winter complexions. For lighter colors, wear icy tones rather than pastels. Avoid subdued tones like beige, orange and gold. </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top align=right>2. </TD><TD>"Summer": Summers should choose pastels and soft neutrals with rose and blue undertones. Lavender, plum, rose-brown and soft blue suit summers well while black and orange do not. </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top align=right>3. </TD><TD>"Autumn": Autumns should select colors with golden undertones, like camel, beige, orange, gold and dark brown. Avoid colors with blue tones, like navy. </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top align=right>4. </TD><TD>"Spring": Springs can wear warm colors like camel, peach, golden yellow and golden brown. Avoid dark, dull colors. </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Autum Autumns are well know from their drama and intensity. You will look good in shades of the autum landscape, warm greens gold and rust. Your best neutreal shades are warm golden brown camel or olive green. Does you hair have golden or red tones? Do you have medium to dark eyes? Is your hair dark to medium dark? If yes your an Autum. Winter Winters are profound intense and precise. You look best in strong vivid shades with blue undertones such as red royal blue and teal green. Your best neutrals are black and navy. Is your hair solid silver or dark without golden highlights? Do you have dark eyes? If yes your a Winter. Spring Springs are radiant and sensitive. You look best in shades of teal, salmon and periwinkle. Your best neutrals are golden brown or camel and you shine in neutrals. Does your hair have golden or red tones? Do you have clear,light to medium eyes? Is your hair medium to light? If yes you are a summer. If you are none of the above then you are a summer. Summer Summers are delicate and translusant. You look best in all of the coolest shades of pink, mauve and slate blue. Your best neutrals are charcoal and greyed navy.

I fit somewhere in the Spring/Autumn palette - my coloring is soft and muted, with undertones that are flattered with muted neutral to warm colors. Bright colors look garish on me and strong, dark shades make me look tired. My best (muted) colors are khaki, camel, mint, soft turquoise, olive, moss, all soft browns and warm pinks.

Reija my first choice for you was Spring, i can really see it in you. HarleyMom, i agree with you about the shocking pink, it's a gorgeous colour! What about Laura and drive-it-to-me,what do you think your season's are? Its good to know what colors will suit you.You can choose clothes and makeup in your shades,you will look and feel great! Colour is fun and flattering.

Sorry Candy, i haven't been on MuT in the past few days so only saw this now! I still don't know what i am. I don't have blue or pink undertones so that rules out Winter & Summer. I don't have golden or red tones in my hair so i'm assuming that rules out Autumn & spring.. I'll just have to invent a new season especially for me! Just kidding! You can't really judge by my avatar because that was taken by a camera phone & the lighting was awful.

Im a Winter person as my skin glows in Winter and i suit all the colours with my complexion and hair but i was born in August. I like to wear bright red and cobalt blue and dont feel myself in brown or dark colours. I have the same colouring as Sigourney Weaver so if anyone can tell me which colours i could try then please do.

TA.

Hello Candy !

I love winter, not only because I was born in february, but because I love the sun in winter, I love when the weather is cold and sunny
rolleyes.gif
. I'm allergic to the sun so in summer I'm sad. I have dark hair (one metre long!) and really pale skin, I love to wear in black or dark red (bordeaux). I have celtic roots and I vickings ancestors, I come from the northern Europe, that could explain why I'm so pale and why I love cold temperatures
icon_wink.gif

Marie-Line

icon_smile.gif
Hello Marie , do you ever buy Yves Rocher stuff ?

i love some of their products. Im going to France next week, its a lovely place

yes I bougth Yves Rocher staff, I like it, but there are a lot of french comestics which are very good, but I don't know if they are known in other countries.

Welcome to France !!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I use Decleor and Gatineau a lot. I love everything French and am eating one of your lovely apples right now

lol! OK.

Do you know "Barbara Gould" ? Try exfoliator products and the blue peel off.

I love french cook, my mother learn me everyday family's secret, like my grand mother did... hummmm!
smile.gif

I have to go for lunch, see you later.

Marie-Line

Latest posts

Back