What's Your Star Sign?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Originally Posted by bonbon412 I'm an Aries/Fire too! I'm not sure what the fire means exactly though.

The Four Elements

As an Astrological Expert, you already know that each of the 12 signs in the Zodiac corresponds to one of four Elements. You know what they are. Here is what it means:

Fire rules the Spirit. Fire signs are extroverted, motivated, idealistic, inspirational, and energetic. Yet they can also be arrogant, know-it-all, close-minded, and intolerant of other people's opposing ideals.

Earth rules the Body. Earth signs are practical, cautious, materialistic, reliable, "down to earth." Yet they can also be unimaginative, boring, and achieve little because they "sell out" or avoid risks.

Air rules the Mind. Air signs are intellectual, communicative, given to abstract thoughts, plans, and ideas. Yet they can also have their "heads in the clouds" too much, so their ideas are impractical. Water rules Emotions. Water signs are emotional, creative, intuitive, sympathetic, and caring. Yet they can also be self-absorbed, secretive, uncommunicative, self-pitying, vengeful, and hampered by an inability to "let it go."

Originally Posted by bonbon412 I'm an Aries/Fire too! I'm not sure what the fire means exactly though.
This may help: (FIRE SIGN)

OVERVIEW: Fire sign people like to be in control. They are the most confident of all the signs and like fire itself can't be missed. They are never subtle. When a person born under a fire sign wants something they will let you know. Fire people do not stop until they get what they want. They are the leaders of the zodiac. Indeed statistics have shown that the majority of world leaders have strong fire elements in their charts. People look to fire people as the energy boosters of the zodiac so if you want to get a project started you should find yourself someone who is a fire sign. They will be full of enthusiasm and can motivate people particularly during the initial phases of a project. Unfortunately they are not always the best people to put in control as they are sometimes just a little too proud and confident.

QUALITIES: Many fire people are arrogant and self-centered. They are not the person to go to for sympathy or solace. Usually they are too busy pursuing their own agenda for recognition. Also, they have no patience for emotionalism. Be careful for they tend to run over the weaker or shyer signs.

COMPATIBILITY: Fire signs get on with other fire signs as they are on the same emotional wavelength. Love and passion means a great deal to them. They have a need for relationships that are warm, loving and passionate. They are generally also compatible with air signs but will often become bored by their intellectualism. However they thrive on the encouragement and ideas that air signs exude. However, a fire sign likes to be the boss and will often take all the credit for ideas that the air signs freely give.

And lets not omit our dear Earth Sign people ...LOL :icon_love

<CENTER>(TAURUS, April 20-May 20, VIRGO, August 23-September 22, CAPRICORN December 22-January 19)</CENTER>

OVERVIEW: Earth signs are like rocks. They are the most stable, consistent and sometimes rigid of all the signs. Stubborn is their middle name. Once they make up their minds they are as immovable as a mountain. Nonetheless they are practical, patient, reasonable,and persistent. Earth signs are the best people to employ if you want someone who will see a project right through to the end. They will also make sure that the job is dome right with no short cuts taken. They will stick with even the most tedious jobs to the end. Their fault is that they lack spontaneity and flexibility. However, earth signs are aware of the needs of others and enjoy being of service. They tend to shun the limelight and do not crave recognition.

QUALITIES: Taken to the extreme the earth signs rigidity can become stuck in outmoded routines to the point of impracticality. They can often have a fear of starting something new. Earth signs are sometimes so cautious that they can miss out on golden opportunities because the hesitate too long. At their worst they can be over conventional and boring.

COMPATIBILITY: if you want a faithful partner you won't go far wrong with an earth sign. They are particularly faithful to other earth signs. Earth signs need permanent relationships and can find the high speed lifestyle of the air signs too much for their home loving nature. Similarly, the may find fire signs to be too forceful for their steady, thorough nature. However they can get on well with water signs as they share their characteristics of retentiveness, self-protectiveness, and acquisitiveness. Water signs will sooth away the worry that so often surrounds earth people. Give an earth sign encouragement like this and they will work for you forever.

Janelle darling!! What planet have i been on.....planet aquarius....lol

Sorry.

You were asking about the element or Air and Fire, yes i agree with your Mom they generally are a great combination. Air and Fire are unable to ignore each other (like air and water) and Fire actually needs Air. The more air you add to fire the bigger and brighter it burns. Air 9like water) is a very powerful force (air can come in many forms and can either be a gentle breeze or a tornado)! So as you can they are both a powerful combination.

Originally Posted by girl_geek awww how sweet
biggrin.gif
that is really sweet indeed. I´ve never heard of a couple like that to be honest. I mean a couple that never fights. must be that they two of you have similar characters. my ex-bf and I used to be like that and I kept thinking it was weird not to fight so I just started a random thing to piss him off so we could fight *lol* but he wouldn´t go for it so I had to calm down again
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* And lets not omit our dear Earth Sign people ...LOL :icon_love

<CENTER>(TAURUS, April 20-May 20, VIRGO, August 23-September 22, CAPRICORN December 22-January 19)</CENTER>

OVERVIEW: Earth signs are like rocks. They are the most stable, consistent and sometimes rigid of all the signs. Stubborn is their middle name. Once they make up their minds they are as immovable as a mountain. Nonetheless they are practical, patient, reasonable,and persistent. Earth signs are the best people to employ if you want someone who will see a project right through to the end. They will also make sure that the job is dome right with no short cuts taken. They will stick with even the most tedious jobs to the end. Their fault is that they lack spontaneity and flexibility. However, earth signs are aware of the needs of others and enjoy being of service. They tend to shun the limelight and do not crave recognition.

QUALITIES: Taken to the extreme the earth signs rigidity can become stuck in outmoded routines to the point of impracticality. They can often have a fear of starting something new. Earth signs are sometimes so cautious that they can miss out on golden opportunities because the hesitate too long. At their worst they can be over conventional and boring.

COMPATIBILITY: if you want a faithful partner you won't go far wrong with an earth sign. They are particularly faithful to other earth signs. Earth signs need permanent relationships and can find the high speed lifestyle of the air signs too much for their home loving nature. Similarly, the may find fire signs to be too forceful for their steady, thorough nature. However they can get on well with water signs as they share their characteristics of retentiveness, self-protectiveness, and acquisitiveness. Water signs will sooth away the worry that so often surrounds earth people. Give an earth sign encouragement like this and they will work for you forever.

holy crap that is so me.(as you can see from my determination to get to the top of the ranks today and my almost 300 posts today lol)

Hey dont know much about,my sign,may 21st,only that its on the cusp,my cousin told me shes into this stuff

Yay, another Aries
smile.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* WATER SIGN:OVERVIEW: Water always finds its own level. Water signs therefore conform to the elements around them. They are motivated by their feelings and emotions. They are stimulated by other water signs who share their need for deep personal conversations. Painfully sensitive, the water signs are sometimes more concerned with your feelings and needs then their own. They almost enjoy a good cry and will love sentimental old movies.

QUALITIES: Water signs are psychic and secretive. However their oversensitivity will sometimes cause them to retreat from the world and into themselves. Occasionally this leads to compulsive behavior and irrational fears. if the emotions get completely out of control water signs are likely to turn to drugs or alcohol. Sometimes it is food that provides the escape from their sensitive disposition.

COMPATIBILITY: Water signs need trust. Because of this they will get on well with earth signs who are dependable and stable. Earth signs help keep water signs calm and relaxed. Sometimes water signs can become so highly strung and over emotional that the simplest things can get blown out of all proportion. They can be real drama queens. Water signs dislike the boisterous yet cool personalities of the air and fire signs. Water signs get on well with other water signs. Here emotions are of paramount importance. Water signs together can be very supportive of each other and have a mutually caring relationship.

Definitely me...and I love that compatibility link, Karen. Just for fun I tested a certain sign and it was 99% on point. Not too bad at all.
icon_smile.gif
Water and Fire....ahhhhh - I've always been attracted to Fire signs.

Thanks for the info Pauline! It's so weird how on point they are for both Gemini me (5/26 - air) and Leo... the Leo (8/20 -fire) lol He is so into his trucks, and his work and all the creating and fabricating he does... when he has his mind set on a project - he's obsessed with it. He is actually doing a big job for a customer now, and he's all excited about it... even when discussing ideas w/ the guy.. his eyes get all wide and he gets so enthusiatic. He is also in the process of building his monster truck (yeah... like Bigfoot lol) and he's had his mind on doing this for years. Since building one for a customer, he's had a goal on finally doing one for himself. And I must say... he always has a game plan, and will sure as sh*t, go through with it. Guess thats why he'll go from working his regular job (for NY State Dept. - as a welder/mechanic) 8 hrs. a day, to going straight to his shop from 4pm to as late as 10-11pm sometimes, and all day at the shop on weekends. He's very work oriented and hardly ever takes a day off to do "nothing". He must always be doing something productive. Which is good, but also gets annoying at times when I want to just hang out or do something, and $ is more important. But we work around it... and I can say from being around someone like that, I feel myself wanting to achieve more and do better for myself than I normally would. I am a total Air sign... I'm a big 'people person'... I get along with anyone, and love 'using my brain'.
wink.gif
I love things that challenge me and get me to think. Easy, repetive tasks tend to bore me, and I always like things that test my creativity. Guess these astrological things make sense!
smile.gif

i'm a cancer/water and my bf is a scorpio/water and they are compatible
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back