When to start using anti-aging products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

At what age did you start using anti-aging products? Is it better to start before you start seeing signs, or should I wait until the sings begin? What were the first signs that you noticed?

I'm turning 25 tomorrow and have been wondering if this is something I should start working into my skin care routine soon.

Thanks!!

I think it's better to start using preventative care early. I started using anti-aging products in my late twenties. I just read an article that said that it's better to start early, before the signs, than later after when signs of aging are already showing (fine lines etc). Now I'm at a point where I have to use more than just preventative care but don't know if my skin would be worse had I not used anti-aging products already for a long time. My first signs were fine lines and age spots. I got spots during my pregnancies too and as I was getting older. I think the age spots happened first and then fine lines. I remember my mom being big on using preventative care and as she got older she didn't have signs of aging at all. I think her skin in her 60s still looks better than mine in my late 30s because she took such good care of her skin and was diligent. She used Lancome products for many years. I don't use Lancome myself. I have here and there over the years used Lancome products but I like to try different products. It's hard for me to stick to one brand or the same products over and over. You could always start with an anti-aging serum and remembering sun block. I wish I had been more diligent on the sunblock.

I think it's better to start using preventative care early. I started using anti-aging products in my late twenties. I just read an article that said that it's better to start early, before the signs, than later after when signs of aging are already showing (fine lines etc). Now I'm at a point where I have to use more than just preventative care but don't know if my skin would be worse had I not used anti-aging products already for a long time. My first signs were fine lines and age spots. I got spots during my pregnancies too and as I was getting older. I think the age spots happened first and then fine lines. I remember my mom being big on using preventative care and as she got older she didn't have signs of aging at all. I think her skin in her 60s still looks better than mine in my late 30s because she took such good care of her skin and was diligent. She used Lancome products for many years. I don't use Lancome myself. I have here and there over the years used Lancome products but I like to try different products. It's hard for me to stick to one brand or the same products over and over. You could always start with an anti-aging serum and remembering sun block. I wish I had been more diligent on the sunblock.
I'm good-ish with sunblock. I use a spf moisturizer daily and try to remember to put sunblock on when I know I'll be out in the sun for a while. I'll look into some anti-aging serums though, thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could remember the source, but I recently read that it's not good to use products that increase collagen production before you need it.

I wish I could remember the source, but I recently read that it's not good to use products that increase collagen production before you need it.
I hadn't heard this so good to know! I still don't use products that increase collagen so I guess I better start. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> It would probably help with my fine lines more. I just use anti-aging serums and moisturizers but not a specific collagen boosting product(s).

Edited to add:

Or maybe I should wait still?? My lines on my forehead are pretty bad though from burning badly in the sun a few times when I was younger :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

I started using an anti aging skin care product when I turned 25, I had slight laugh lines since I'm a big smiler and wanted to make them look less visible. While I do not want any Botox or anything drastic like that, I am a big believer of getting high quality skin and hair care products; quality really shows results. I turn 30 this year and told my husband I wanted something that can work harder in making my skin look youthful (our anniversary was coming up, so I gave him the hint lol). He got me ISA Professional's XANADU 24K Vitamin C Serum and I am in love! It has definitely paid off, my laugh lines have filled in, my skin feels super soft and I've noticed that old acne spots have evened out with my skin. It even has gold flakes in it! I use it as a makeup primer since it helps keep my makeup in place all day and leaves my skin hydrated and youthful. I highly recommend it to all my friends, try it out!

I started using an anti aging skin care product when I turned 25, I had slight laugh lines since I'm a big smiler and wanted to make them look less visible. While I do not want any Botox or anything drastic like that, I am a big believer of getting high quality skin and hair care products; quality really shows results. I turn 30 this year and told my husband I wanted something that can work harder in making my skin look youthful (our anniversary was coming up, so I gave him the hint lol). He got me ISA Professional's XANADU 24K Vitamin C Serum and I am in love! It has definitely paid off, my laugh lines have filled in, my skin feels super soft and I've noticed that old acne spots have evened out with my skin. It even has gold flakes in it! I use it as a makeup primer since it helps keep my makeup in place all day and leaves my skin hydrated and youthful. I highly recommend it to all my friends, try it out!
That sounds like a great product. Thanks for the tip!

Agreed with the facts! Moreover it depends on your skin type. If you've lose skin you'll find lines and wrinkles on face too early. Rest is upto you, but 25 I can say could be a good start. thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I believe you should start taking care of your health including staying away from sun exposure as much as you can , quit smoking , reduce alcohol consumption , eat healthy food , workout on a daily basis and then you can use a simple and harmless anti-aging Cream.  

Latest posts

Back