Which area do you plan to focus on the MOST in 2005?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Happy New Year from all of us here at MakeupTalk! Today's topic: New Year Resolutions. Which area do you plan to focus on the MOST in 2005?

Mine are without a doubt excercise and diet/weight loss. I need to tone really bad.

i'm w/you Reija. i'm targeting toning up, but it would also reduce my stress level. went to the Dr. the other day & my BP was 130/80 which is high for me considering i'm normally 100/70.
icon_cry.gif

How about Laughing more, taking the mickey and chilling out ?

Thats what im going to be doing lol.

Taking the Mickey?

Originally Posted by donnamaryuk

How about Laughing more, taking the mickey and chilling out ?Thats what im going to be doing lol.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Taking the Mickey? <TABLE class=post cellPadding=5 width="80%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=header><!--authorname//-->Damian<!--end//--> <!--rank//--><!--end//--> <NOBR><!--msgtime//-->Thursday, September 02, 2004, 19:10 GMT<!--end//--></NOBR> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=msg><!--msgtext//-->The proper expression is "taking the mickey". It is used a lot in the UK. It means to tease. More crudely, to take the piss out of someone....to tease them, not in a malicious way.
Mickey is a variant of the name Michael, as is Mick. So just as a variation of saying "taking the mickey" some people say "taking the Michael", meaning to tease. They can also change the "taking" bit to "extracting", so "extracting the Michael" means exactly the same thing.

If you suspect someone of teasing you or having you on, you simply say "Are you taking the mickey?" or "Are you taking the Michael?" or "Are you extracting the Michael?" <!--end//--></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I had to look that one up too!!! LOL

Finding a job (since I graduate in December, woohoo!) and try to study more efficiently and do better at time management so that I can spend more time with my husband and help out around the house more! (He cooks dinner and washes dishes every night when classes are in session, I'd like to find a little more time to help out!)

Exercising would be a plus but realistically it isn't going to happen since I never find time to go to to the gym (way too cold to exercise outside) so I will have to be content with working on eating habits
smile.gif

I plan to focus even more on school. I'm about to start the second semester of my freshman year in college. I passed everything and did well last semester, but I want to do even better next semester. I also need to work out more, and stop stressing out so much.

I should have really chosen Getting control of finances but i know that will never happen, so its diet/weight loss for me. Starting today, i WILL lose 2 stone by July Watch this space....!

What is 2 stone equal to?

Originally Posted by Laura

I should have really chosen Getting control of finances but i know that will never happen, so its diet/weight loss for me. Starting today, i WILL lose 2 stone by July Watch this space....!

28lbs.. I know that will probably be below the weight i should be but that's what im setting my target as anyway!

Latest posts

Back