Quantcast

Which brushes should every girl have?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
10,943
Reaction score
0
Ok i need some expert advice here girls! Believe it or not i only have 4 high end make up brushes that i love. I use

Bobbi Brown Kabuki

Bobbi Brown Fine Eyeliner Brush

MAC #217 e/s blending brush

MAC #266 brush

Please list a few more that i should have! I'd preferably like to stick with ONE brand as i'm a bit of a neat freak & would hate my brushes having different handles etc.. (i know i'm weird!)

 
Joined
Dec 12, 2003
Messages
2,230
Reaction score
0
So far, the only brushes I can't live without are:

Aromaleigh Delectable Kabuki

MAC #213 Fluff Brush

Stila #13 Eyeliner Brush

Sephora Bronzer Brush

I still want to get MAC #219 Pencil Brush. I'll be interested in seeing what everyone else recommends!

 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
878
Reaction score
0
I have 10 high end brushes (all Stila 'cos I'm a bit of a handle neat freak too!)

Stila do some brushes that I could not live without anymore particularly the #9 eye blender brush (so good I have the long and short handled versions), #15 which is a double ended eyebrush which can do allsorts of things, #13 push eyeliner brush and #21 which is a flat ended blush/powedr brush which I use everyday. I need to let go of having the same brand for all of my brushes as I've seen some NARS brushes I like that Stila don't have a comparable brush for. Before I started to collect my stila brushes I had a few Ruby and Millie brushes which were fantastic for the price. If you got some of those they have silver handles and would match up with the short handled stila brushes.

Hope this helps.

 
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
22,667
Reaction score
441
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
Do you remember Leah LaBelle from American Idol last year?







Originally Posted by Lealabell

I have 10 high end brushes (all Stila 'cos I'm a bit of a handle neat freak too!)
Stila do some brushes that I could not live without anymore particularly the #9 eye blender brush (so good I have the long and short handled versions), #15 which is a double ended eyebrush which can do allsorts of things, #13 push eyeliner brush and #21 which is a flat ended blush/powedr brush which I use everyday. I need to let go of having the same brand for all of my brushes as I've seen some NARS brushes I like that Stila don't have a comparable brush for. Before I started to collect my stila brushes I had a few Ruby and Millie brushes which were fantastic for the price. If you got some of those they have silver handles and would match up with the short handled stila brushes.

Hope this helps.





 

Geek2

Administrator
Admin
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
11,114
Reaction score
4,213
This is a great questions. Thanks Laura for posting it. I need help in this area too. I only have a handful of high end brushes and I've been looking for some good brushes as well. I'll check out Stila now based on everybody's recommendations. Thanks girls!

 

Scarlette

Obsessed with lipstick
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
902
Reaction score
3
Location
Bay Area, California
I have lots! But here are my faves:

Benefit face powder brush (3 of them)

Benefit blush brush

Benefit foundation brush

Chanel Bronzing brush (like a kabuki)

Chanel crease brush (pointy end)

MAC 224 blending crease brush

MAC 219 round brush for dramatic crease and smoking out eyes

Brandon (at beauty supply stores) angled brush for brows (the best I've tried)

I use Revlon brushes for applying base colors and highlighting the brow

 
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
1,631
Reaction score
0
Pretty much anything Trish McEvoy or Kevyn Aucoin. Spendy, but they've cornered the market for QUALITY brushes.

  • Powder Brush (TM #5 or KA Powder)
  • Blush Brush (TM #2B or KA Blusher)
  • TM #21 (best all-purpose e/s brush I've invested in)
  • TM #32 (angled brow)
  • TM #11 (aka push brush)
Countless others, but these are (IMO) essential to anyone's brush stash.
 
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
1,934
Reaction score
0
My favorite brushes:::

MAC 213 (fluff) & 275 (angled fluff)- for e/s

MAC 219 pencil brush -- blending crease & smoky eyes

MAC 224 tapered blending brush -- blending e/s, especially at the browbone (and powdering under the eyes)

MAC 242 - for concealor

MAC 266 angle brush -- precision lining (gel & cream)

MAC 129 - powder/blush brush

Japonesque 333 powder brush -- so big, so soft and everyone I've used it on *loves* it.

Japonesque also has a lip brush I love (can't find the #).

 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
878
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Do you remember Leah LaBelle from American Idol last year? Being from the UK, I haven't really watched American Idol (we get our own version which started before American Idol although we've only had 2 series)but I did here about her because her name was my nickname. All I have to say is that I was here six years before her and it's what my mum called me when I was little. Do you think I should sue?
 
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
22,667
Reaction score
441
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
LOL at sueing

You can sue her but she was OUTSTED in the top 10 lol. so in essence no cash I am sure...hehe





Originally Posted by Lealabell

Being from the UK, I haven't really watched American Idol (we get our own version which started before American Idol although we've only had 2 series)but I did here about her because her name was my nickname. All I have to say is that I was here six years before her and it's what my mum called me when I was little. Do you think I should sue?





 
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
10,943
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Lealabell we get our own version which started before American Idol although we've only had 2 series Go on Will Young! I love his music
 
Joined
Jun 13, 2004
Messages
430
Reaction score
1
I've heard that A-Squirrel has high quality squirrel and goat hair brushes. Squirrel brushes are recommended for sensitive skin and even Roscea because they are so soft. I've been thinking about getting set. They a 30-day money back guarantee so what do I have to lose?


http://www.a-squirrel.com/

 
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
10,943
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Trisha I love him too! His song "Leave Right Now" is ace, I can totally relate to it!
Gareth "Jordan" Gates who????? LOL

PMSL @ Gareth "Jordan" Gates (did you hear she wants to enter the Eurovison for the UK!! I LOVE Leave Right Now too.. Will rocks, hope he releases some more music soon
 
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
10,943
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Trisha I know, did you see her sing on that Westlife special???
I like Jordan tho, her book is really good! x

It was all pre-recorded though, she didn't sing live.. To be honest i don't like her although i did watch her 6 wk show about her & Pete!
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
878
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Trisha Gareth "Jordan" Gates who????? LOL Did anyone else from the UK think it was really funny that his stutter suddenly reappeared whenever he was asked questions about Jordan?
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
878
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Trisha Yeah definitely! What is he even doing now?!! I'm sure I read that he was threatening to release a new album soon. Apparently it'll be in a completely different direction, but isn't that what he said about the last one?
I do quite like Will Young, but I have to admit my heart belongs to Darius. He has a deep voice, he's Scottish and he's not bad looking since he sorted out the hair.


 
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
1,934
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Lealabell I'm sure I read that he was threatening to release a new album soon. Apparently it'll be in a completely different direction, but isn't that what he said about the last one?
I do quite like Will Young, but I have to admit my heart belongs to Darius. He has a deep voice, he's Scottish and he's not bad looking since he sorted out the hair.


Ohh, Scottish accents... *faint*
 

Latest posts

Top