Which foundation are you using & do you LOVE it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thinking of changing foundations AGAIN but don't know where to start. I'm currently using Lancome Adaptive. I like it but its not a HG and i know there are much better foundations out there.

What are you currently using & do you LOVE it or will you switch in the future?

I've been using Stila Tinted Moisturizer in Bare and while I like it, it's not a holy grail. Unfortunately, I haven't found my HG yet + I have such a hard time finding foundations with shades light enough for me that I feel like my options are limited. However, I'm going to test drive BE Bare Minerals. Hopefully, Fair will be fair enough and if not, I'll probably move on to Jane Iredale.

Originally Posted by Tabitha However, I'm going to test drive BE Bare Minerals I had this before & i couldn't get it to work for me. I'm thinking of getting it again now though because i have my BB Kabuki Brush now so it should apply nicely

I've got a Kabuki brush on the way, so hopefully it will prove helpful. If not, I'm going to try using a flocked sponge and see how that works. The BE shades are supposed to be forgiving, but I have a feeling Fair isn't going to be forgiving enough since my face is already darker than my neck. Ugh!
icon_evil.gif

I'm using 4 different ones depending on the amount of time I have and the

occasion:

Photo-op foundation: Prescriptives Virtual Skin in Real Rose

Exactly the same colour as my skin and it doesn't contain spfs or illuminating particles. Foundations with SPF make you look really white in photos because the light from the flash reflects off of the spf particles, the same goes for illuminating particles too.

On the town foundation: Stila Illuminating Liquid foundation in 10 Watt

Love this when I'm going out. I feel like a light has been turned on inside my face.

Everyday-Foundation : Stila Sheer Colour TM in Light

This is a bit too dark for me so I'm looking forward to it in Fair and Bare when they finally get to the UK.

I-really-can't-be-bothered-to-do-my-make-up Foundation: Chantecaille Real Skin with SPF in fresh

This cost a bomb, but is fab when I just don't have enough time. I do wish I had got the normal one in "soft" instead though.

I'm still searching for my HG foundation and I'm hearing really good things about Armani foundations at the moment so I may have to give them a whirl.

Stila complete coverage and I like it because it moisturizing..not greasy..gives a nice light glow and provides good coverage.

I love Monave's Mineral Mousse foundation. Instead of using loose minerals..the mousse is more moisturizing but they do have a matte formulation as well. But it provides good coverage and it doesn't feel like I have anything on. It's my HG today. There's always something to new to try so it's hard to say if it will stay my HG.

IMHO..BE has poor quality minerals and they don't blend as well as other Loose minerals I've tried. For loose minerals I think Aromaleigh and Cory's are good.

Originally Posted by Laura Thinking of changing foundations AGAIN but don't know where to start. I'm currently using Lancome Adaptive. I like it but its not a HG and i know there are much better foundations out there.
What are you currently using & do you LOVE it or will you switch in the future?

I switch between 3 different foundations:

• Armani LSF
  • Armani MSF
  • Za Powder Foundation
Love them all b/c they each have different finishes. I wear them depending on my needs--fuller coverage, sheer coverage, or need quick application.

Hello,everyone. I just recently discovered this board.

Anyways, I used to go between Chanel and Bobbi Brown, but thanks to another board I found out about mineral makeup and I love it!!!

I tried Alpha Skin Care and the colors were great, but I found it separated after a couple of hours. Then I tried Aromaleigh, and after experimenting with a few color combos, it's my new favorite. It's great because you can start off buying samples so you can get a bunch of shades to mix and match to find the right one for you.

Just wanted to welcome you!

Originally Posted by envymi

Hello,everyone. I just recently discovered this board.Anyways, I used to go between Chanel and Bobbi Brown, but thanks to another board I found out about mineral makeup and I love it!!!

I tried Alpha Skin Care and the colors were great, but I found it separated after a couple of hours. Then I tried Aromaleigh, and after experimenting with a few color combos, it's my new favorite. It's great because you can start off buying samples so you can get a bunch of shades to mix and match to find the right one for you.

I've been using L'Oreal's Mattique foundation in Soft Ivory -- it's non-comedogenic which I need for my oily skin, and it's the best match to my skin color I've found so far (it's hard to find foundations light enough for me). It also provides just enough coverage for me without feeling too thick and sticky. Plus it's only $10, a great change from the $30 Prescriptives foundation that I used to wear. I'm not sure if it's absolutely the best thing ever, but I got so sick of wasting money on foundations that ended up being the wrong color for me, so I am going to keep buying it for awhile at least!
smile.gif

I get the best finish from a mixture of Eucerin Extra Protective Moisturizer (SPF 30) mixed La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation (Creme Peche). My skin needs some coverage but also a good deal of moisture. I use three pumps of the moisturizer with one medium-sized drop of foundation. Sounds like a lot but the moisturizer is lightweight and soaks in fast. I apply this after I use my serum and toner, and wait a few minutes for it to sink in before I do my loose powder. Because of the heavy pigments in La Prairie, the blended coverage is more than a tinted moisturizer.

I'm rotating between two foundations right now - Px Virtual Skin and Aromaleigh Pure Cover/Pure Powder blend. I love them both; I will repurchase the Virtual Skin when it's gone, and when my minerals are gone, I will purchase the new version from Aromaleigh. I think I'm finally happy with my foundations.
smile.gif

Welcome to MUT Envymi!! Glad you found us!

I'm currently finishing up my MAC Hyper Real liquid foundation (NC20) which is good but not amazing. I like Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse but have determined what I bought to just be too orange. My next plan is to try a Stila -- either tinted moisturizer or the Illuminating Liquid Foundation. I'd love to try Chantecaille but am weary b/c of the price tag! How long does a jar last you Trish?

Aloha & Welcome to MuT envy! You're in the right spot to discuss cosmetics w/the rest of us. I look forward to your posts.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme I'm rotating between two foundations right now - Px Virtual Skin and Aromaleigh Pure Cover/Pure Powder blend. I love them both; I will repurchase the Virtual Skin when it's gone, and when my minerals are gone, I will purchase the new version from Aromaleigh. I think I'm finally happy with my foundations.
smile.gif
I am using BeautiControl's color freeze in Alabaster. Its ok. I am looking for a new one. I might try the minerals.

Hi all ~

I'm using Lancome's Color ID foundation in I-10 © with concealer in Correcteur & Camee. This is the first foundation that matches me perfectly! Yay!!
biggrin.gif

I'm obsessed with foundation. I have and use the following:

Everyday, sometimes combine powder with a liquid F or TM:

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse 01

Jane Iredale Amazing Base Mineral Foundation - Cool Sand

Bobbi Brown TM

Biotherm TM

Benefit Get Even 01

Benefit Non-Fiction Liquid Vol. 1

Pictures, going out:

Christan Dior pressed powder foundation (diff. colors)

MAC Studio fix NW15 (breaks me out horribly, but good coverage)

Cover Girl Continuous Wear Ivory (goth nights out)

Max Factor Facefinity in Porcelain (goth night)

Originally Posted by Trisha The shade extensions are in stock for the TM and the eye concealer! I just received 2 big boxes of stock today!
We deffo have fair & bare in both of them

Also MAC are putting out the Fluidlines tomorrow apparently! They have 8 of the shades in stock!1 x

Yay! I'll have to try samples in both and see which one works out best.
Which 8 shades do they have? Or do we have to wait and see?

Where do you buy Chantecaille? If I have NC 30 foundation at MAC, does anyone know what color I would be in Chantecaille?

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 Where do you buy Chantecaille? If I have NC 30 foundation at MAC, does anyone know what color I would be in Chantecaille? I don't know what colour you would be but you can order Chantecaille cosmetics online from:
Neiman Marcus in the USA

and

Space NK in the UK.

Latest posts

Back