• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Which skincare products to choose?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I want to know which skincare products worked for you and how do I maintain a healthy skin. I'm a student on a budget. Any help is much appreciated.

Hi, there! It really depends on your skin type. But all you really need for a good basic skincare routine is -

1. Gentle Facial Cleanser
Some suggestions are the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, Honest Beauty Gentle Gel Cleanser, or the Burt's Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream.

2. Alcohol-Free Toner (helps balance the skin pH levels and makes moisturizers and treatments more effective)
The Cucumber & Aloe Facial Toner from Desert Essence is a good one or the Burt's Bees Sensitive Toner.

3. Sunscreen (SPF 30 or Higher) as your daytime moisturizer
Recommended brands - Alba Botanica, Badger Balm, or Vanicream.

4. Night Cream
Recommended brands - Burt's Bees Sensitive Night Cream, Honest Beauty Hydrogel Cream, Vanicream Daily Facial Moisturizer.

5. Treatment Mask
Choose a mask that is appropriate for your skin type (i.e. clay mask for oily skin or hydrating for normal to dry and/or sensitive). Recommended products/brands - Desert Essence Cucumber Charcoal Facial Mask or Honest Beauty 3-in-1 Detox Mud Mask if your skin is on the oily side. If you have normal, dry, or sensitive skin try the Avatara Chill Out Face Mask, Yes To Cucumbers Cooling Jelly Mask, or Burt's Bees Hydrating Overnight Mask.

I hope this helps! :)

I also a student and tell you some cheap skincare tips that will help you:
  1. Tea bags : This one is a popular and natural skincare tip. Place two teabags in a small bowl in the refrigerator. Whenever your eyes feel puffy or tired, just take out two bags and leave them on your eyelids for 10 minutes.
  2. Papaya/Pineapple Mask for skin toning: Without scratching the face, enzymatic exfoliants break up dead skin cells. Papaya and pineapple, both of which contain bromelain, are the two finest natural sources. Simply mix or mash 1⁄4 cup of papaya with 1 tablespoon of fresh pineapple and then leave for 10 to 15 minutes on your skin.
    As for the remaining fruit, drink it! They both contain tonnes of vitamins that are good for the immune system and your skin. Fresh juice from pineapple can also help reduce blood pressure!
  3. Honey as a sleeping mask: Once a week, mix a few drops of honey into your usual night cream. Honey is a humectant, which pulls moisture into your skin. That makes any moisturizer work just like a special sleeping mask!
This is just within my budget. Thank you.

Hi, there! It really depends on your skin type. But all you really need for a good basic skincare routine is -

1. Gentle Facial Cleanser
Some suggestions are the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, Honest Beauty Gentle Gel Cleanser, or the Burt's Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream.

2. Alcohol-Free Toner (helps balance the skin pH levels and makes moisturizers and treatments more effective)
The Cucumber & Aloe Facial Toner from Desert Essence is a good one or the Burt's Bees Sensitive Toner.

3. Sunscreen (SPF 30 or Higher) as your daytime moisturizer
Recommended brands - Alba Botanica, Badger Balm, or Vanicream.

4. Night Cream
Recommended brands - Burt's Bees Sensitive Night Cream, Honest Beauty Hydrogel Cream, Vanicream Daily Facial Moisturizer.

5. Treatment Mask
Choose a mask that is appropriate for your skin type (i.e. clay mask for oily skin or hydrating for normal to dry and/or sensitive). Recommended products/brands - Desert Essence Cucumber Charcoal Facial Mask or Honest Beauty 3-in-1 Detox Mud Mask if your skin is on the oily side. If you have normal, dry, or sensitive skin try the Avatara Chill Out Face Mask, Yes To Cucumbers Cooling Jelly Mask, or Burt's Bees Hydrating Overnight Mask.

I hope this helps! :)
Maybe once I save up money I can find try this after.

1. The water temperature for washing face is very important. With warm water, it can not only ensure that the pores are fully opened, but also avoid excessive loss of natural moisturizing oil.
2. Before choosing skin care products, be clear about your own skin, and choose suitable one according to skin characteristics.
3. The skincare products at Oz Hair & Beauty are really good. You can get a 15% discount with code 15OZLOVE. Black Friday is coming, you can save big on this festival. Of course, there are many coupon sites offering free coupons. I found at CouponBirds for more codes.

Skincare products should be natural. That's too important to improve your skincare routine. While some of the synthetic products may contain harmful ingredients that can directly impact your skin health, or cause some reactions, natural skincare products (I find some here) are much safer and in most cases do not cause side effects.

Last edited by a moderator:
It depend as individual requirements. In my case I follow CTM routine (Cleanser, Toner, Moisturizer).

Firstly for cleansing I use c Facial Cleanser Kashmiri Saffron & Neem, Basically it cleanse the face like oil and dead skin cell.
Second I use toner which basically refresh my skin without removing the inner natural oil.
In the last I apply moisturizer, I use the product Soundarya Radiance Cream With 24K Gold which is natural and ayurvedic based product from Forest Essentials.

You can follow this facial care ritual and it really work for me.

Latest posts

Back