Why does this not surprise me?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Makes me wonder if my theory about Bush having"another" agenda wasn't right it??: CIA Wrong on Iraq 'Mobile Labs,' Powell Says</FONT> WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Central Intelligence Agency was wrong about Iraq's purported pre-war mobile biological weapons laboratories, a key part of the case about suspected weapons of mass destruction, Secretary of State Colin Powell said on Sunday. "I'm very concerned," he said in reply to a question on the NBC program "Meet the Press" about having used claims in a U.N. Security Council speech now known to have been "inaccurate and discredited." "When I made that presentation in February 2003, it was based on the best information that the Central Intelligence Agency made available to me," he said. Last month, Powell described the assertions he made about the purported labs as "the most dramatic" element of his Feb. 5, 2003, speech. He acknowledged on April 2 the information was suspect but stopped short of drawing any public conclusions. In his comments on NBC, Powell went further. "It turned out that the sourcing was inaccurate and wrong and, in some cases, deliberately misleading. And for that, I am disappointed, and I regret it," he said. As recently as January, Vice President Dick Cheney cited the discovery of two trucks as "conclusive" evidence of the mobile labs described by Powell. But CIA Director George Tenet later told Congress he had warned Cheney not to be so categorical about the discovery. A CIA spokesman declined comment.

Well, I'm still trying to get over the naked Iraqi pryramids. So nothing surprises me anymore. I will never get that beheading out of my mind either.

Truth is stranger than fiction. Turns out that life is really a mixture of Steven King, Mother Theresa, Chuck Berry, Hugh Heffner, Sadam and Lassie.

<--- Life in a nutshell

However.. Sadaam did gas a lot of folks. We are not totally unfounded in our speculations about those theocratic geezers.

hhbeware.gif

Latest posts

Back