Why is civil rights brought up with Gay marriage?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by SarahNerd /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe because it's a major part of our culture in this country even if you take out the religious aspect.  And it's just as much a legal union as religious. Not sure why I bothered answering.  Your clearly a troll.

LOL. But Obama said it's not a Christian nation so why do you want their culture? If gays can marry, why shouldn't people be able to marry multiple women/men?

Sarah, this thread was clearly stared by a troll - warmonk or warlock, whatever the idiots name was.

I guess you are referring to me when you say idiot. considering the circumstances I guess that is deserved since my friends and I opened the war monk account at work for fun making fun of religious people. I tried opening the Cassandra12 account because I had a blemish issue. 

Look to be honest with you, I'm a little put off with the notion of being forced to "come out" or not to. I think that is a private matter for the individual. I think it's rude for people to even ask if I am gay and presume my sexuality is open for discussion. I think we are obviously going through a transition in our society and trying to create rules for something that has never been opened for everyone to talk about politically.

I am not afraid of who I am, my real name is Rayleigh, I have been "out" for 3 and a half years now. So despite what many of you think, I am not in the closet but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy my privacy like everyone else does. I just don't feel it necessary to tell everyone I meet this sort of thing as though I have a brand name on my forehead. My sex life is not a cause I stand for, its just what I do in that area of my life.

Next I would like to repeat, the fact that this topic was not addressing MY personal life. I was just asking a political question for this political discussion topic.

Originally Posted by cassandra12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

my friends and I opened the war monk account at work for fun making fun of religious people.

Classy. 

I knew right from the beginning who you were.

Now that you've been outed or MUT outed you, I can't believe that anyone would engage in conversation with you.

Maybe the next forum you join you'll show some class and treat people that way you would want to be treated.

I'm curious why you chose MUT to make a fool out of yourself?

Believe it or not, there are people at MUT that have legit concerns or want to engage in open and honest dialogue.

I notice another new MUTer acting like a troll - know anything about them?

Don't answer as I doubt you'd give an honest answer as you only know how to play games and be deceiptful.

Originally Posted by Porcelain13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't understand why gay people want to get married. If you don't agree with the major religions that condone homosexuality, why would you want to adopt their religious culture of marriage?

are you fucking serious?

by god, i hope you are not. i hope you are making a sick, bad joke.

One of the basic right which is often guaranteed in all functioning democracies is the right to life of dignity. When a marginalized and already historically oppressed community like the sexual orientation minorities are not guaranteed the right to their life and dignity and privacy, it could be mentioned along with civil right as the right to companionship can be mentioned there. A rich description (see third chapter of Basics of Social Research) of civil rights if a democratic establishment shouldn't have the state decide whom its citizens maintain sexual or marital relationships with. 

Latest posts

Back