Why is MAC so popular?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once when I was in Europe I searched for a mac but could'nt find one so why don't they sell it in europe?

AHH... There's too many Scarletts. I keep geting updates on this thread and I didnt even remember having posted on it- and I definitely didnt remember starting this thread.
kopfkratz.gif
Now I realize it's another Scarlet- whew for a moment I thought I was losing my mind-ha ha.

Originally Posted by yourleoqueen /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have only read the thread TITLE and the 1st paragraph of the OP, but I'ma go head and ask. Has Scarlette been back here since the week this thread was started?
laughing.gif
Yep! Earlier this year she posted saying she's gained a lot of respect for MAC. lol.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yep! Earlier this year she posted saying she's gained a lot of respect for MAC. lol.
smile.gif
I went over to her page to see if she'd logged on recently. I was real worried.
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by candy
Hi Scarlette and welcome to MuT! I have been wondering the very same thing about MAC and ime so glad you asked the question. I will be interested in the replies.Incidentally i have a friend who uses MAC and when we were gettiong ready for our night out, i asked her 'Simone, what's so good about MAC'? She told me the reason she likes and uses it, is becuase it has good colors for black skin, and more range than any other brands. I suggested she might like to try IMAN which is also great quality and is designed for all shade of skin from yellow to black.

Quote: As a woman of color (African American/Black), just because a cosmetic line is by someone of color doesn't always means it's the best for you.
icon_smile.gif

I totally agree. I myself am African American/Black. I personally don't believe that "Mahogany Cosmetics" is right for my skin. I've always broken out, although the creator/owner is African.../(American). 

On a side-note, I want to ask everyone if not the person I am replying to knows the difference of MAC's foundation "Studio Sculpt SPF 15" vs. "Studio Fix"? 

I'm a new comer to MAC cosmetics (and make-up) products alone,  and quite honestly I haven't had any problem with the foundation except for the fact I've noticed a more "orange" color. I honestly have no clue. I mean I'm using a Target $1.00 "foundation brush" from E.L.F. and I was thinking about severely upgrading to MAC brushes this coming holiday season. Could I have put on more foundation then needed? or the brush alone screams for help?

By the way, I'm extremely if this is in the wrong thread.

Back