Wonderful News!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have the best news to share with you guys! My oldest daughters boyfriend called my hubby at work today and asked if he could come over this evening to talk to him, we didn't think much of it has he's come over before to ask my hubby for advice on different things like work and such. Well, big suprise for us when he asked our permission to marry our daughter, he already got the ring and is going to take her out to dinner tommorow night and propose, she doesn't have a clue! She is coming by the house tommorow morning so I have to be cool and act like nothings up. I am so freaked, I can't believe my little girl is old enough to get married. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Hi Harleymom10860,

Please do let us know it how went. You must be so proud.

I wish them both the best of luck! Hugs((((to you))))

Woo HOO! How old is she??

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860

I have the best news to share with you guys! My oldest daughters boyfriend called my hubby at work today and asked if he could come over this evening to talk to him, we didn't think much of it has he's come over before to ask my hubby for advice on different things like work and such. Well, big suprise for us when he asked our permission to marry our daughter, he already got the ring and is going to take her out to dinner tommorow night and propose, she doesn't have a clue! She is coming by the house tommorow morning so I have to be cool and act like nothings up. I am so freaked, I can't believe my little girl is old enough to get married. I'll let you all know how it goes.

What a nice x-mas surprise! Congrats! It was really nice of him to go to your husband and ask permission. Although it is a tradition, there are many men who dont do that anymore, I think thats a good sign! You must be so happy and it sounds like you like the guy.

Planning a wedding is soo much fun!!

My daughter is now 10, and I cant even imagine when its her turn, I may breakdown LOL

Thanks guys! I was so excited last night I couldn't sleep. He is the nicest guy, they have been together for over 2 years. My daughter is 24 and her boyfriend is 30, he was married before and has 2 kids by his first wife, my daughter adores his kids and they are crazy about her, he told us he sat down and told the kids he was going to ask her to marry him and that they are soooooooo happy about it, his parents too! I love it that some guys will still do that too, I remember when my hubby asked my Dad for my hand in marriage, he was so nervous
icon_lol.gif
, it's just such a beautiful tradition and makes ya like the guy that much more.

WOW, how romantic. I bet she's gonna have the best Christmas ever, you all will i'm sure! Let us know the full story once he asks her!

Latest posts

Back