Yakity Yak cosmetics?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last time I was at Long's drugstore I noticed a bunch of new cosmetics brands displayed. The one that interested me most is called Yakity Yak. Has anyone seen this brand or tried it? I can't find any info about it online. I'll be the guinea pig if nobody has tried this brand yet. They have some cute colors and the prices seem in line with other drugstore brands. I'm trying to find drugstore brands that I like becuase I've been spending too much money on department store cosmetics.

I haven't seen this brand yet. But I have discovered that the actual drugstores get the new drugstore brands, products, and LE collections before, say, Wal-Mart or Target. They might be priced a little higher but if you're interested in being to first to have something, it's better to go to an actual drugstore.

I'll have to look for this brand the next time I pick up a prescription! Thanks for the heads-up.

LOL @ the name
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

i've never seen or heard of them before though, sorry!

Originally Posted by spazbaby I haven't seen this brand yet. But I have discovered that the actual drugstores get the new drugstore brands, products, and LE collections before, say, Wal-Mart or Target. They might be priced a little higher but if you're interested in being to first to have something, it's better to go to an actual drugstore.
I'll have to look for this brand the next time I pick up a prescription! Thanks for the heads-up.

Wow, I didn't know that! But then I also don't have a Target or Wal-Mart near me, so I never shop at those stores. I don't mind paying a bit more for something because it would cost me some money to go farther to get to a cheaper store.

The only yakity yak i know of is a cartoon my kids watch,lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

lets us know how their stuff wears and the color selection.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 The only yakity yak i know of is a cartoon my kids watch,lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

lets us know how their stuff wears and the color selection.
smile.gif

It looks great in the store and they seem to have a decent color selection. I think it is marketed to teenage girls, I'm not too old, yet. I'll have to pick some stuff up next time I'm out.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Ok so I picked up an eye shadow and a liquid eye liner from Yakity Yak. I also spotted another new brand called Wild and Crazy. I picked up one of their eye shadows and a liquid eyeliner.

Yakity Yak only seems to have loose eyeshadow, which I generally don't like, but I picked up a shimmery white color. I also grabbed a gold glitter liquid eye shadow. Everything that they have is really glittery, and they have about a million lip glosses. Some of the lip glosses are really pretty. I haven't tried the stuff out yet. I was hoping to do some research on the company to see if they test on animals but no luck. They don't seem to have a website, but I was able to find their phone number and address in the yellow pages. If the company is so small that they don't have a website or 1-800 number they probably don't test on animals.

The Wild and Crazy stuff looks similar to Wet 'n Wild. It's all 99 cents. I picked up a coral colored eye shadow. It looks like it is the same size as MAC eye shadows so I'll have to depot it and add it to my palette. The liquid eyeliner is purple. The package looked black in the store, but now that I've read the label I realize it says lavender. It is made by the same company that makes Sinful Colors cosmetics. I emailed the company to ask if they test on animals because I couldn't find any info on their website.

Boyfriend is testing the stuff on his hand. He's the one that paid for it!

I'll have to write reviews when I try the stuff out on myself tomorrow.

Yakity Yak... The name alone demands attention... But is it the right kind of attention?!? LOL!! Whoever is in charge of marketing at that company needs to be fired!
rolleyes.gif

I always disliked the name "Wet n' Wild" too! Even though I was a child of the Excessive Eighties, it was too cheesy for me. I like some of their stuff tho, so a name isn't everything!

I try "teen" brands every once in a blue moon. I'm usually disappointed because they're too sheer, glittery, or have no staying power. However, they do have some neat trendy colors and are usually very inexpensive!

You have to let us know how they are!
smile.gif
I have never heard of them... I guess mainly because we don't have Longs out here. ?? I like NYX that I found at drugstores... so I guess the price or the name doesn't matter sometimes
wink.gif

Originally Posted by glamslam Yakity Yak... The name alone demands attention... But is it the right kind of attention?!? LOL!! Whoever is in charge of marketing at that company needs to be fired!
rolleyes.gif

I always disliked the name "Wet n' Wild" too! Even though I was a child of the Excessive Eighties, it was too cheesy for me. I like some of their stuff tho, so a name isn't everything!

I try "teen" brands every once in a blue moon. I'm usually disappointed because they're too sheer, glittery, or have no staying power. However, they do have some neat trendy colors and are usually very inexpensive!

Oh yeah, the name is probably an attempt to market to teens. It sounds silly and I was a little embarrassed to be standing by the display, but oh well!
I agree with you about the teen brand colors. I like brighter more pigmented colors, and the teen brands tend to be too pale or sheer. I do like the glitter, and there was plenty of that. Also I like that I can get my lipgloss fix for so cheap. I've been so good about not buying any more lip gloss, but if the day comes when I'm going to die without a new lip gloss I can get one of theirs for cheap.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 You have to let us know how they are!
smile.gif
I have never heard of them... I guess mainly because we don't have Longs out here. ?? I like NYX that I found at drugstores... so I guess the price or the name doesn't matter sometimes
wink.gif
I wonder if there are any other stores that carry the brand. I found out that the company is based in Airmont, NY so they must be in at least a few East Coast stores. I'm going to write to the company to get more information about them. I can ask about what stores carry the brand on the East Coast too.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl I wonder if there are any other stores that carry the brand. I found out that the company is based in Airmont, NY so they must be in at least a few East Coast stores. I'm going to write to the company to get more information about them. I can ask about what stores carry the brand on the East Coast too. Cool!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Yeah, that would be kinda dumb if they make it in NY - but don't sell it here! LOL
tongue.gif

Latest posts

Back