You can only choose 1!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to MakeupTalk!

I take it you are one of the RARE people who don't like MAC
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by MacSux

Shu Uemura - hands down. I'm so addicted to their eyeshadow and blush that I can live with the rest! Imagine what amazing brushes I'd have!!

Welcome MacSux! I've never tried Shu's color products though I love his enriched cleansing oil. I'm afraid that if I start collecting Shu Uemura I'll never stop!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

(I'm not a fan of MAC either...) shhhh!!!

Tony...that's....ummmmm...a nice avatar. Are you entering a Gary Glitter lookalike contest?
rolleyes.gif

HI MAcSUX! Thanks and Welcome to MUTz! I wish I could say MAC SUX lol , but I love it.

Anyhow, make yourself at home here on MakeupTalk

Originally Posted by MacSux

Shu Uemura - hands down. I'm so addicted to their eyeshadow and blush that I can live with the rest! Imagine what amazing brushes I'd have!!

I would choose covergirl. Because there line is cheap, high quality, has a range of colors, and has durability.

even though I only have mac, i'd take chanel. they have a nice skin care line and do have perrty colors and nice brushes. chanel is too expensive for me right now. lol

MAC hands down!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Ok girls,
If you HAD to choose to use 1 brand only for the rest of your life, what would it be? This would mean you'd have to use their foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, lipgloss etc..!

Remember, you can only choose ONE brand!

Wow...hmmm...I like Nars only for blush and lips, I like Shu Uemura shadows...but for 1 line only I would have to go with Chanel. It's really sad because I went to the store the other day to check out the makeup selection...I can honestly say there was nothing for me to buy, I own everything!!! I've spent waaaaay too much money on makeup!!!
eek.gif

Originally Posted by envymi I've spent waaaaay too much money on makeup!!!
eek.gif
I think we can all feel your pain there!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Welcome to MakeupTalk!
I take it you are one of the RARE people who don't like MAC
icon_eek.gif

Hi there I am relatively new to Makeup Talk and I too am one of those people who doesn't really like MAC. It is a hard question to answer because so many lines have products that are fabulous. If I had to stick with just one though I would choose Il Makiage (which is one of the lines the guys from MAC initially based their line on)

Originally Posted by lrigpuekam If I had to stick with just one though I would choose Il Makiage (which is one of the lines the guys from MAC initially based their line on) Ooh Irigpuekam, can you tell us more? I've never heard of that brand before!

BE all the way! Love the foundation and shadows and I'm sure the rest of the line is great...plus they have body stuff too and great brushes too!

I would have to say Mary Kay. Admittedly, they aren't the most cutting edge, BUT...what I do like of theirs, I really like. They have nice skin care and their colors are pretty in a classic way, not trendy. They are highly pigmented and wear well.

I have never tried MAC or I'd probably be saying that like most of the other ladies!!! I better try it soon...
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Ooh Irigpuekam, can you tell us more? I've never heard of that brand before! I have been trying to reply, sorry for taking so long. The 2 Franks from MAC used to work for Ilana (can't remember her last name right now) who owns IL Makiage. The line is based in New York, and has an incredible Product & Color Selection (which is what gave inspiration for MAC). Their makeup has been used almost exclusively by Makeup Artists as it is harder to come by. I'll fill you in on more later if you would like some (let me know), I have to go back to work right now.

Originally Posted by lrigpuekam I have been trying to reply, sorry for taking so long. The 2 Franks from MAC used to work for Ilana (can't remember her last name right now) who owns IL Makiage. The line is based in New York, and has an incredible Product & Color Selection (which is what gave inspiration for MAC). Their makeup has been used almost exclusively by Makeup Artists as it is harder to come by. I'll fill you in on more later if you would like some (let me know), I have to go back to work right now. Sounds cool! Will hav e to check that out!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Oh Noooo! You can't say good things about another makeup
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I just made a good selection of Mac e/s and Chanel blushes! From blushes Chanel is the only brand my skin can tolerate. I also love the way it stays on my cheeks. It doesn't look powdery or fake on me... Now I have to check out the brand you talked about. My wallet hates me because I have to try every good think out there
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by lrigpuekam I have been trying to reply, sorry for taking so long. The 2 Franks from MAC used to work for Ilana (can't remember her last name right now) who owns IL Makiage. The line is based in New York, and has an incredible Product & Color Selection (which is what gave inspiration for MAC). Their makeup has been used almost exclusively by Makeup Artists as it is harder to come by. I'll fill you in on more later if you would like some (let me know), I have to go back to work right now.

Boy picking only one thing is the hardest of all....

I have to say MAC, but I want you guys to know I will sneak a Chanel blush no matter what situation I have to live in.... If I have to live with one I'd break the rule
icon_eek.gif

ooo, Irigpuekam, I totally forgot about Il Makiage...I used to like some of their products. Definitely not my favorite line overall, but since you brought them up, I'll have to stock up on the colors I like from them!

Back