Your closet

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
Post pics of your closet. I love seeing how people organize thier closets and what they have in them. I can't wait till we have a house and I get my Ultimate Closet! I'll post pics of what I want later. Gotta hit the gym right now!

Originally Posted by Liz Post pics of your closet. I love seeing how people organize thier closets and what they have in them. I can't wait till we have a house and I get my Ultimate Closet! I'll post pics of what I want later. Gotta hit the gym right now! I'd love to see Janelle's answer to this one !! O.M.G. lol
cool.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* I'd love to see Janelle's answer to this one !! O.M.G. lol
cool.gif
There is not going to BE an answer!!! LMAO - Trust me... you DO NOT want to see my closet!!!!
icon_eek.gif
All I'm saying is that it's about 15' long, 3' deep... and JAM PACKED full of stuff!
icon_redface.gif

LOLOLOLOL!!! Don't you hate your mom being on here???!?!?!?

wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

There is not going to BE an answer!!! LMAO - Trust me... you DO NOT want to see my closet!!!!
icon_eek.gif
All I'm saying is that it's about 15' long, 3' deep... and JAM PACKED full of stuff!
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) LOLOLOLOL!!! Don't you hate your mom being on here???!?!?!?
wink.gif

Oh no... it's pure BLISS...
icon_rolleyes.gif

LOL! you guys crack me up!

let me find some pics of what my dream closet would be like. i can't a pic of ours cause it has my bf's stuff in there.

here are some pics of closets i want.

one pic is of mariah carey when she was on crib. that's her shoe closet
icon_eek.gif

the other one is jennifer garner in 13 going on 30.

Yup!!! those are my dream closets too!!! A whole ROOM devoted to my stuff!!! *drool*
icon_cheesygrin.gif

When we bought our home, that's the first thing I did! I called California Closets and this other closet place and got estimates and finally I took one bedroom and turned it into a huge closet with poles and shelves. Of course, I DO have to share it with my husband.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Let me tell you, I could NEVER go back to my old closets.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) LOLOLOLOL!!! Don't you hate your mom being on here???!?!?!?
wink.gif

I'm gonna get the both of you !!!!!!
icon_twisted.gif

Originally Posted by Amethyst

When we bought our home, that's the first thing I did! I called California Closets and this other closet place and got estimates and finally I took one bedroom and turned it into a huge closet with poles and shelves. Of course, I DO have to share it with my husband.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Let me tell you, I could NEVER go back to my old closets.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

California closets eh? Can you tell me what the estimates were? or how much it cost? We are thinking of that too and wondering what something like that costs

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) California closets eh? Can you tell me what the estimates were? or how much it cost? We are thinking of that too and wondering what something like that costs Ok... lets see... giant inground pool with stone waterfall... a bajillion dollars on debit mastercard - Jacuzzi tucked neatly near the giant inground pool with stone waterfall... another bajillion dollars on debit mastercard- New walk in closets by a highly know closet builder... you guessed it! Another bajillion on that debit mastercard! Letting Janelle move in..... PRICELESS!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

Ok... lets see... giant inground pool with stone waterfall... a bajillion dollars on debit mastercard - Jacuzzi tucked neatly near the giant inground pool with stone waterfall... another bajillion dollars on debit mastercard- New walk in closets by a highly know closet builder... you guessed it! Another bajillion on that debit mastercard! Letting Janelle move in..... PRICELESS!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

LOL who has all that?
wink.gif

We got two estimates from two different places and we ended up paying roughly around $1500. (of course, this was 4-5 years ago). We have a 3 bedroom house and just used one of the bedrooms to do a closet.

Also, we went with the least costly building materials. Meaning, you can get everything constructed in wood or that white or beige plank board (plywood?) I forget what the technical term for it is. I have to dig out the receipt which I saved & I can give you more accurate information.

One place we got the estimate from was California Closets (they have a website and reps on the East Coast) and the other place was Closets by Design. I refer to all of these walk-ins as California Closets (guess that's the generic name?) Anyway, I didn't get anything fancy installed so that kept the cost down.

Literally I have all poles and shelving mounted to the walls all around the room. I don't have anything fancy like the pictures posted in this thread. If you really wanted to go even cheaper, you can check out Lowe's or Home Depot, buy the stuff and install it yourself.

I should really learn how to use my fricking digital camera so I could post a photo of it.
icon_redface.gif
Sorry.

Originally Posted by Amethyst

We got two estimates from two different places and we ended up paying roughly around $1500. (of course, this was 4-5 years ago). We have a 3 bedroom house and just used one of the bedrooms to do a closet.
Also, we went with the least costly building materials. Meaning, you can get everything constructed in wood or that white or beige plank board (plywood?) I forget what the technical term for it is. I have to dig out the receipt which I saved & I can give you more accurate information.

One place we got the estimate from was California Closets (they have a website and reps on the East Coast) and the other place was Closets by Design. I refer to all of these walk-ins as California Closets (guess that's the generic name?) Anyway, I didn't get anything fancy installed so that kept the cost down.

Literally I have all poles and shelving mounted to the walls all around the room. I don't have anything fancy like the pictures posted in this thread. If you really wanted to go even cheaper, you can check out Lowe's or Home Depot, buy the stuff and install it yourself.

I should really learn how to use my fricking digital camera so I could post a photo of it.
icon_redface.gif
Sorry.

OH thanks for the info! I have seen them in Home Depot. $1500 isn't bad at all! But yeah prolly $2500 now....
We have small closets tho, so wonder what they could do. MIght call em

Thanks again

They're really helpful. The guy came over to measure my room and then with a pencil sketched some possibilities. I told him what I needed. He asked me if I hung my trousers in half or straight (straight to avoid creasing) so that gave him an idea of how much clearance to figure in from the floor up. He asked if I needed more shelving space or hanging space and also what my husband's space needs were. Inside our room is a very small closet so he also put shelving in that and it became a shoe closet. Of course now its bulging at the seams! I'm ashamed to say I either need more space or its time for a yard sale to get rid of some stuff.

Latest posts

Back