Your First Name

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marisol

mah-ree-SOHL

The meaning of the name Marisol is Combination Of Maria And Sol 'sun'

The origin of the name Marisol is Spanish

My mom's older sister used to call her Marisol as a nickname (my mom's middle name is Marcelina) so my mom always liked that name.

I like it when people can pronounce it the way it is supposed to be pronounced.

I always wanted to change it to Monica but that was because I have an older cousin of that name and I admired her. Now, I am not sure if I would.

What is it? Ricci

How do you pronounce it? Ricky

Origin of name? Italian

Are you named after someone/something? No

Do you like your name?Yes

If you could change your name, what would you change it to?I wouldn't change it

What is it?

Katherine

How do you pronounce it?

the way my mom chose to spell it, it should be Ka-the-rin

but, I'm from the south, where we lose syllables, so I pronounce it more like Kath-ryn

Origin of name?

It's Greek and means "pure"

Are you named after someone/something?

this is the story i got, my mom kept picking out all these names she liked, but every one that she ran by my dad, he had previously slept with a girl by the same name, so finally she came up with Katherine

Do you like your name?

it's cool. I dislike when people call me Kath-reeeen and things of that nature

If you could change your name, what would you change it to?

I like it just fine. But I usually just go by Kat (cat, not Kate)

What is it?

Kristine

How do you pronounce it?

Kris-teen

Origin of name?

My aunt gave me the name

Not for my first name, but my middle, yes

Do you like your name?

Yeah! I just hate how it's always misspelled!!!

nope

What is it?

Frauke

How do you pronounce it?

Frauwh-keh

Origin of name?

Germanic

No, i think my dad was drunk while he was picking out this horrible name for me or something.

Do you like your name?

NO! I HATE this name! It's a very very rare name ( i can absolutely understand why it is a RARE name! ) I have a lot of problems with this name because no one is knowing it. I get letters for "Mister Frank S." or "Miss Franka S." I hate it that so much people are thinking that it is a misspelling. Everytime i am telling somebody what my name is they say "Gosh your parents are cruel." or "my deepest condolences."

Lorelai. It's an old and very female name and so wonderful.

What is it? Katie

How do you pronounce it? Kay-tee

Origin of name? Greek origin meaning 'Pure'
tongue.gif

It's supposed to be a nickname for Katherine or Kathleen (amongst tonnes of other names, all of which I've been called at some point.) but my names just Katie (not short for anything)

Are you named after someone/something? My Great-Grandma who was actually called Katherine but had always been called Katie by everyone who knew her so I got the name Katie.

Do you like your name? As far as names go it's alright I guess but I don't love it. Katie has become a popular name (more so in england) so loads of people are called Katie. In my year in high school there were 9 Katie's which was darn annoying when someone shouts Katie and 9 people all shout "What?!"
tongue.gif
Another annoying thing is that I seem to have to explain the fact that Katie isn't short for anything when I meet new people who can't seem to grasp that Katie doesn't have to be a nickname. I've been called Katherine, Kathleen, Kate (I get called this SO much), Kaitlyn, Katia, Kat...there are 16 variations of the name Katie (I was told by an english teacher) and I've pretty much been called them all
tongue.gif

If you could change your name, what would you change it to? I'd like something pretty and not so common. I like the names Grace, Lily, Jessica, Dana and Francesca (which is quite unusual but I like it)
smile.gif

Jessica is very common name. But that's US and UK for you, haha. I've heard a lot of Rhians in the UK but never once have I heard that name here.

And I love the name Francesca... it's beautifully said in Spanish.

Originally Posted by MissPout /img/forum/go_quote.gif NO! I HATE this name! It's a very very rare name ( i can absolutely understand why it is a RARE name! ) I have a lot of problems with this name because no one is knowing it. I get letters for "Mister Frank S." or "Miss Franka S." I hate it that so much people are thinking that it is a misspelling. Everytime i am telling somebody what my name is they say "Gosh your parents are cruel." or "my deepest condolences."

Hm, I thought Frauke was quite common in Germany, especially for like older ladies. You know, all these names that end with "ke": Frauke, Wiebke, Mareike...you´ll just know that person is from Germany.

What is it?

Nancy.

Shortened it's Nens (Nance) that's what I hear most of the time.

How do you pronounce it?

Nan-Cee

Origin of name?

Form of Anna. Meaning Gracious, Grace.

No

Do you like your name?

I like it.

If you could change your name, what would you change it to?'

I always like the name Evelien (dutch) (Eef-uh-leen)

what is it?

Brandi

how do you pronounce it?

bran-dee

origin of name?

no clue

are you named after someone/something

no

do you like your name?

kinda sorta

if you could change your name, what would you change it to?

i don't think i would change my name but i always did like the names anya, eva, mckenzie, and ava.

What is it? Andrea

How do you pronounce it? AN-dree-ah (NOT Aaahn-dree-ah)

Origin of name? Greek origin, and its meaning is strong/courageous/manly. Hector's wife in Troy had the same name.

Are you named after someone/something? My grandmother.

Do you like your name? Yup!

If you could change your name, what would you change it to? Hmmm ... I love the name Irena, so probably that!

Originally Posted by andrrea /img/forum/go_quote.gif What is it? Andrea
How do you pronounce it? AN-dree-ah (NOT Aaahn-dree-ah)

Origin of name? Greek origin, and its meaning is strong/courageous/manly. Hector's wife in Troy had the same name.

Are you named after someone/something? My grandmother.

Do you like your name? Yup!

If you could change your name, what would you change it to? Hmmm ... I love the name Irena, so probably that!

yay another Andrea is on here!

What is it? Jerilyn

How do you pronounce it? Jare-uh-Lyn

Origin of name? A derivitive of my dad's name (Gerald) Googling it only comes up with a combination of Jeri and Lynn.

Are you named after someone/something? My papa.

Do you like your name? I do, but I never use it. I've been called Nikki since I was an infant. (My middle name is Nicole.) My husband has called me nanz since we met about 10 years ago, so it's easy to tell if he's mad at me, he calls me Nikki lol.
biggrin.gif

If you could change your name, what would you change it to? Maybe Nicole or Nikki. It's kind of a common name where i'm from, I even had 3 other Jerilyn's in my class in high school.

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Jessica is very common name. But that's US and UK for you, haha. I've heard a lot of Rhians in the UK but never once have I heard that name here.
And I love the name Francesca... it's beautifully said in Spanish.

Yeah, out of them all I like Francesca the most.And yeah actually Jessica is popular too
tongue.gif
I didn't remember that when I posted because even though it's a really popular name I've only ever met one Jessica in my whole life.

What is it?

Ivette

How do you pronounce it?

ee-vet(long e, as in bee) not i-vet

Origin of name?

i definetly know that it is french. i've seen two meanings. one is the archer, like cupid or something and the other is from a type of a shrub or evergreen tree called a yew ( i think)

i always thought i was named after my aunt(mom's sister). i found out that my mom just liked the name

Do you like your name?

its okay.

i don't know. i like alot of names. i don't think i would change my name, only how people

pronounce it. alot people pronounce it I-vet and that always annoyed me. i have to blame my mom because she should have spelled it with a Y instead of a I

(ex: Yvette ). she spelled it with an I because she was born and raised in a

Latin American country and thats the way they spelled it.

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif What is it? Aquilah
How do you pronounce it? ah-kwee-la (Almost rhymes with tequila)

Origin of name? Well, it depends. In Hebrew and Spanish it means "Eagle," but there's also the possibility it's or Arabic origin.

Are you named after someone/something? My mom thought she made the name up. Her meaning is "loyal." However, there's a saint in the Bible named Aquila (no "H" to my knowledge). He was a farmer married to Priscilla, and had something to do with the Crusades.

Do you like your name? Not particularly. A lot of people butcher it when trying to say it, so it's always a shock when someone says it right. I've had to go by my middle name a lot (work and school).

If you could change your name, what would you change it to? Honestly, I'd either rearrange it with my middle name, or drop it to just an initial and go by my middle name.

aquilah, i know the feeling. people could never pronounce my name correctly either. i like your name. very unique and pretty. you're the only aquilah i know

What is it? Amanda

How do you pronounce it? A-MAN-DUH

Origin of name? It means to be loved...or something like that

Are you named after someone/something? A soap opera character, my mom liked her name

Do you like your name? Yup

If you could change your name, what would you change it to? I wouldn't change it, I like it

What is it? Moira

How do you pronounce it? Should be Moy-ra, but I pronounce it More-a

Origin of name?Irish-Gaelic

Are you named after someone/something? Moira Shearer I think. The ballerina or it was a character in a book. Maybe both!

Do you like your name? Not really. I hated it growing up, but it's getting more common now.I just read a book that had a "Moira" as a character. If you google Moira Taylor, there are a bunch. Must be a common name in England

If you could change your name, what would you change it to? Not sure....

What is it?

actually, it's Jola

How do you pronounce it?

Yo-lah

Origin of name?

I made it up and called myself Jola when I was really little because i couldn't pronounce my birth name, Johanna
stupid.gif
. I think it's Polish and it's also the name of an african tribe. Crazy, huh?

no.

Do you like your name?

Sure!

I wouldn't, thank you!

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Some of us have some really pretty names.
I'm still laughing (no idea why) that Lia's name could mean "weary ruler"

Makes a lot of sense actually
wink.gif
Now that i discovered what weary means, it's a fun thing.

What is it? Shaundra

How do you pronounce it? Shawn-druh.

Origin of name? Supposedly it's French. Not sure. lol.

Are you named after someone/something? A family friend.

Do you like your name? It gets annoying when everyone mispronounces/misspells it. lol.

If you could change your name, what would you change it to? I don't know. Maybe something a little more common. lol.

Latest posts

Back