Your First Name

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is it?

How do you pronounce it?

Origin of name?

Are you named after someone/something?

Do you like your name?

If you could change your name, what would you change it to?

my name is Rosie

it is pronounced rose-eee

it is old english in origin, and means, 'of the rose' haha! pretty obvious!

I'm not named after anyone but there are quite a few 'rose's in my family, but that's a last name, not a first name.

If I could change my name I'd like something elegant and confident, but that wouldn't match my personality much I guess!

I always imagine the name Rosie as belonging to a fat, jolly farmers wife with boot button eyes and an apron who forces scones and cake and makes her own jam. LOL

What is it?

Jennifer

How do you pronounce it?

like all the other millions of Jens of the world!!!

Origin of name?

Off the top of my head from grammar school- Guinevere meaning "white water"

After Alli McGraw in Love Story- maybe one of the worst chick flicks ever

"Love means never having to say you're sorry" and all that crap...

Puma... that is almost a guarantee that I would be the word's most bad-ass breaker/tagger/hustler.

First name:

I only have one name, Nurinia, and i HATE it!!!

How do you pronounce it:

pronounced: Noo-ree-nee-ah

pfft, sounds extraterrestrial, i dunno what my parents were thinking.

Origin of the name?

According to what my mom told me, the origin of my name is the greek name of Aphrodite's daughter, Aphrodite the goddess of love. her daughter's name was Nurinia. [her and my dad got my name from a greek mythology book]

I don't really know what the meaning of the name would be, but that is the origin of it.

If i could change it what would i change it to?...

Daeron, i love sindarin names, made up by J.R.R Tolkien.

LMFAO on the E.T. comment, Nury.

What is it?

Celia

How do you pronounce it?

Cell-lee-yah but people pronounce it like this usually: Seal-lee-ah. WRONG! CACA!

Origin of name?

Up until a few years ago, it meant blind and it derived from the word Sicily. But now they go up and change it saying it's Heaven and derived from Caelia. More like Caca.

My great-grandma, I believe.

Do you like your name?

I don't mind it, honestly. Only do I dislike it when people pronounce it incorrectly. Especially if they call me Cecilia! Total insult.

My middle name - which is Annabelle. My mom should've fought harder, that old lady.

What is it?

Ashley

How do you pronounce it?

Ash-lee

Origin of name?

Just a name. I think it means one who dwells under the ash tree. Originally a male's name, then became unisex.

Nope.

Do you like your name?

It's okay. My friends say it suits me because all the stuck-up, jerky girls in movies are named Ashley.
frown.gif

When I was really young, I wanted to be Lana but the dumb boys in my class kept pointing out that Lana backwards is anal, so it kinda lost its appeal.

What is it ?

Aude Aurore, but we use Aude.

How do you pronounce it ?

O-[də]

Origin of name ?

from the old german, means "the ancient" or "goods". supposedly the oldest french first name.

it's the french version of Heodez in breton (which i prefer).

Aurore means dawn
smile.gif

yup. a saint woman from i believe the 6th century.

Do you like your name ?

i like it.

what i don't like is people don't seem to know Aude is a first name. i got called Maude, Claude, Audette. it's AUDE, 4 letters, no more, no less. Ye be warned !
motz.gif

Heodez, i just like the writing.

My Name is Anthea. Anth-e-a

Its a name I called my self only 2 - 3 years ago when I first came out on the internet to other TG people. Before that I did not have a female name, could never decide what to call myself.

My nick name amongst my friends is Anth an I have that same nick name in both Male and Female modes.

I called myself Anthea because it is very similar to my male name an I could keep my nick name. I do like the name Anthea because its not a regular or common name, but un mistakenly female.

I also wanted to keep the same initials. It does come in handy as my credit cards only have my initials on them so I can use them in both modes

I looked up the name in a on line dictionary some time back an its a Greek name for flowers.

I'm happy with my name and I don't want to change it
smile.gif

What is it?

Coral

How do you pronounce it?

just like the stuff found at the reef

Origin of name?

Im not sure... I actually go by my middle name Abby

My grandma that is why they call me Abby...so no one is confused

when I was a kid I wanted to be named Ricky Jr..... ( my dad's name is Rick) ..but I like my name

what is it?

Monique

How do you pronounce it?

mo-NEEK

Origin of name?

It says its a french form of monica
smile.gif

Are you named after someone or something?

Not that Im aware of.. I think my mom was highly sedated when choosing my name. It is completely embarassing for me. I despise it.

If you could change your name what would you change it to?

Well, I kind of did change my name unofficially.. lol ? Everyone for ages have called me Monica.. and I dont even respond to monique much anymore lol.. unless its my family on rare occaisons.

But I despise even looking at it on birth certificates and my liscense.. uugh so I might just pay the money to have it all changed legally for things like legal do***entation.lol.

What is it?

Keely

How do you pronounce it?

KEE-lee

Origin of name?

Origin: Irish-Gaelic

Meaning: beautiful

Not that I know of, my mom just wanted to give me a "Strong Irish Name".

Do you like your name?

F'ing love it. Hated it growing up, but I think it's awesome now
biggrin.gif

I would never change my name. When I was little I wanted to first change my name to "Veronique" (after my great grandmother) and then I wanted to change it to "Penelope" so I could be nicknamed "Penny". There was also I stage when I wanted to change the spelling of my name to Keelie, but that's just lame.

Another random fact: I can relate to Celly about mispronunciation! I've actually had people *argue* with me and say my name is Kelly! Wtf I think I know my own name! Meh. So yea my biggest pet peeve about my name is having people call me Kelly!

What is it?

Rachelle

How do you pronounce it?

Ra-shell

Origin of name?

Its a french name...........meaning female sheep :|

nope

Do you like your name?

yes

I don't think I would

What is it? Adrienne

How do you pronounce it? AY-dree-en

Origin of name? French feminine form of English "Adrian"

Are you named after someone/something? I was named in english because my dad didn't know how to spell my name in Spanish lol NOT AFTER ROCKY

Do you like your name? yes

If you could change your name, what would you change it to? i would never change my name. I love it

What is it? Chelsey.

How do you pronounce it? Ch-L-see

Origin of name? No idea.

Are you named after someone/something? Nope, my mom just picked it out of a book.

Do you like your name? Not at all lol

If you could change your name, what would you change it to? Something like Cali I guess, I just dont like my name but I'd never actually change it.

What is it?

Ashley

How do you pronounce it?

Ash-lee

Origin of name?

Old English -- "of a grove of ash trees"

Ashley Wilkes from "Gone with the Wind."
frown.gif
My mom originally wanted to name me Ashton (after Ashton Main from John Jakes "North and South" triology), but my dad didn't like it. Ashley was their compromise.

Do you like your name?

Meh... it's ok. There was like six Ashleys in my class in grade school. It got old.

I would have loved Ashton, or Ashling (pronounced Ash-lin).

What is it?

Patricia

How do you pronounce it?

PUH-TRISH-UH haha

Origin of name?

Don't know?. I looked it up online and 2 sites gave me 2 different things.

Well kind of, My fathers name is Patrick so.... lol

Do you like your name?

Sure, I just hate the nicknames "Pat" & "Patty"

Mines a toughy... Its Tyler... pronounced *SP* :| T Y L E R

And I dont like my name
frown.gif
It sounds kidish to me. I want a name like Axel.. Thats a cool name
biggrin.gif

What is it? Michelle

How do you pronounce it? [MEH-shell]

Origin of name? hebrew & french.

Are you named after someone/something? yes. think "full house"--my family just thought it was a pretty name.

Do you like your name? yes. love it. no one in my school goes by Michelle other than a cafeteria lady & tech engineer.

If you could change your name, what would you change it to? Malachi.

What is it?

Maria ( Gross
puke.gif
)

How do you pronounce it?

Maaaa-riiiiiiiiiiiiii-yah

Origin of name?

i mean Spanish
4.gif

No...i had to have Maria as my first name because I was the only girl....must be a filipino thing.

Do you like your name?

Fcuk no.

Just plain Clarisse.=) Not Maria Clarisse..wth is that?!

What is it? Andrea

How do you pronounce it? Andrea...I hate it when people pronounce it "Aaahndrea" in english. In german there´s only one way to pronounce it. We tend to have relatively simple first names where you never have to wonder how to pronounce it.

Origin of name? No clue.

Are you named after someone/something? No

Do you like your name? It´s ok. My mom could have done better. I especially hate the fact that I don´t have a middle name, which actually is very usual in Austria. My mom´s name is Eva Marina, which I think is a very pretty name.

If you could change your name, what would you change it to? Helena. That was one of my mom´s other choices, but she thought it´s too "unusual", so she chose a more boring name lol

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif How do you pronounce it?Cell-lee-yah but people pronounce it like this usually: Seal-lee-ah. WRONG! CACA!

ohhh I would have pronounced it wrong. Seal-lee-ah is how my future MIL´s name is pronounced, so I just thought that´s the only way there is. I have to say I really like your name now that I know how to pronounce it, it sounds much prettier that way!!! (shh don´t tell my MIL I said that haha)

Latest posts

Back