Your The Fire-Yardley

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone remember this perfume from the mid 70's? It was made by one of the branches of Yardley called "Oh de London" as in Eau de London (Eau de Parfume), I know most of you are probably a bit younger than me but I was just wondering. It had the most incredible scent and was advertised has Body In-scents ( a play on the word incense), your body was the heat that ignited the scent, hence "Your The Fire". Unfortunetly it was one of those favorite products that just disappeared, I was able to find a bottle on Ebay a few months ago and believe it or not it smells just has I remember.

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 Does anyone remember this perfume from the mid 70's? It was made by one of the branches of Yardley called "Oh de London" as in Eau de London (Eau de Parfume), I know most of you are probably a bit younger than me but I was just wondering. It had the most incredible scent and was advertised has Body In-scents ( a play on the word incense), your body was the heat that ignited the scent, hence "Your The Fire". Unfortunetly it was one of those favorite products that just disappeared, I was able to find a bottle on Ebay a few months ago and believe it or not it smells just has I remember.
Hey Harley
smile.gif
I'd never heard of it, but I say this immitation one on Ebay and wonder if it comes close:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11847&item=5505348 804&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

"Wow" thanks so much for the link Cali, I wonder why it didn't come up when I did a search on ebay. Yep, thats the stuff, or at least someone is making an imitation oil of it now that is supposed to be very close. I won an auction for an original 1 ounce bottle of the stuff last March but ended up paying like $40.00 for it (my husband thinks I'm craaaaazy LOL). Even after all these years I could still imagine the scent in my head. The bottle I have now I use very sparingly for fear I would never find it again so this will be fantastic if it does smell like the original. I can't say thank you enough Cali, you are an angel
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 "Wow" thanks so much for the link Cali, I wonder why it didn't come up when I did a search on ebay. Yep, thats the stuff, or at least someone is making an imitation oil of it now that is supposed to be very close. I won an auction for an original 1 ounce bottle of the stuff last March but ended up paying like $40.00 for it (my husband thinks I'm craaaaazy LOL). Even after all these years I could still imagine the scent in my head. The bottle I have now I use very sparingly for fear I would never find it again so this will be fantastic if it does smell like the original. I can't say thank you enough Cali, you are an angel
icon_wink.gif
LOL! Don't thank me until you smell it! Heheh. I hope it's what you are looking for. If it smells odd... well then it's was only 5 bucks, right?
I found it by typing in "You're the fire".

Buenas tardes!

Cali

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 Does anyone remember this perfume from the mid 70's? It was made by one of the branches of Yardley called "Oh de London" as in Eau de London (Eau de Parfume), I know most of you are probably a bit younger than me but I was just wondering. It had the most incredible scent and was advertised has Body In-scents ( a play on the word incense), your body was the heat that ignited the scent, hence "Your The Fire". Unfortunetly it was one of those favorite products that just disappeared, I was able to find a bottle on Ebay a few months ago and believe it or not it smells just has I remember. Harleymom..Check out longlostperfumes.com they sell replicas of discontinued scents..I've found that they're very,VERY close to the originals and they have an Eau de London version

Originally Posted by allisong Harleymom..Check out longlostperfumes.com they sell replicas of discontinued scents..I've found that they're very,VERY close to the originals and they have an Eau de London version Hi Allisong, Thanks for the info. on Longlostperfumes.com. I've checked on there before and unfortunetly I was never able to find anything on "Your the Fire", I don't know why it has been so hard to find, I know there is a demand for it as I found myself in quite a bidding war over a couple of original bottles a while back, I won one of them and then got e-mails from some of the other bidders wanting to know if it still smelled the same, which it does. I even tried to make my own, the only thing I can even begin to compare it to is it smells a little like the perfume "Opium" with sandlewood mixed in, I tried that but there is still something missing. I think I will try one of the imitation oils that they have on ebay and see if it's close, like Cali says, it's only $5 so what the heck. Thank s again though.

Hi! Welcome to MakeupTalk....

Hope it is informative to ya

Originally Posted by M. Lizzie

I ran across this fabulous fragrance in 1965 in Seventeen Magazine in an advertisement featuring Jean Shrimpton. Remember her? It came in a glass bottle with a sort of Art Nouveau look, the colors on the bottle were turquise and green or maybe it was lavender. Anyway, it smelled great and I wore it for years and years. I bought my last bottle about 1973 in a drug store. About 10 years later, there was an Oleg Cassini perfume that sold in drugstores that had some of the same elements.
I loved "Eau! de London!"

Latest posts

Back