Bare Escentuals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG! That's terrible! I would hate it if that was the result I received from using it. Maybe I should do what Laura suggested and get samples off of ebay before I take the BE plunge.

As for your situation, if you dont want to toss it, you can always sell it or swap it on this site. Sorry it did not work out for you.
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Summer I have the foundation and it really maximizes my pores! I have the kit with the DVD and I followed every technique it suggests. It shows pores I had no idea I had. I never had this problem with other foundations. I really want this to work since I have dry sensitve skin. I am not layering it on either. I am at a loss of what to do. I don't want to toss it.

I was up late last night and was flipping through the channels and Bare Escentuals was on QVC. Whatever that gals name is (owner of the company) she said on June 8 Bare Escentuals will be the "today's special value" and to be sure to watch for that. A couple of years ago I bought a kit that contained foundation, mineral veil,warmth, 2 eyeliners, short handle face brush , long handle face brush and a eyeliners. I love the brushes but I threw out all the makeup because I just couldn't get the hang of it. Like you after seeing it on t.v. again I think I'm going to give it another try. Though I think I'm going to wait for June 8 just to see what the special is.

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I'm watching the Bare Escentuals special on QVC. Somebody please tell me to turn the channel. I dont need that line, do I? It really seems nice and I'm being drawn to the foundation and the mineral veil. HELP!!!
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Summer I have the foundation and it really maximizes my pores! I have the kit with the DVD and I followed every technique it suggests. It shows pores I had no idea I had. I never had this problem with other foundations. I really want this to work since I have dry sensitve skin. I am not layering it on either. I am at a loss of what to do. I don't want to toss it.

Welcome to MuT, Summer! I'm Janelle (from NY) nice to meet ya!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I love my BE stuff, I have a lot of it...foundations in different shades ( I like to mix them), Mineral Veil, Warmth and Glee all-over face colors, Warm Radiance and Clear Radiance highlighters, Bisque and Summer Bisque multi-tasking minerals, and about 7 brushes.

It did take me a while to get the hang of them though. But I'm glad I stuck with it. My face has cleared up a lot since I started using them. I love the way my skin looks and I do get compliments. I also tried and liked Pur Minerals mineral mu. But BE is where I started and still enjoy it.

I believe you either hate it, or love it. There's not really an in-between! Definetly worth trying IMO!

Yeah you have to get used to applying it. It seems that people just use the tip of the brush and they aren't actually getting the powders on... after you "swirl" - you have to really smoosh that brush into your face, because swirling moves the minerals up the bristles, closer to the handle - so in order to get it on, you have to almost fan the brush out and then buff it on.

I have BE also, but I haven't been able to use it lately. My face is too dry. I have been doing at home peels and such and it does nothing but enhance the dry areas. I do love it and have gotten my sister using as well. Can't wait till I can go back to it. As everyone else has said, you do have to get the hang of using it. QVC has some great deals this weekend for BE's 7 anniversary. I will have to mark my calendar for the June 8! I also love the brushes that you get with the makeup. Nothing to lose Tracey if you don't like it, send it back to them!

Originally Posted by tylda1969 I have BE also, but I haven't been able to use it lately. My face is too dry. I have been doing at home peels and such and it does nothing but enhance the dry areas. I do love it and have gotten my sister using as well. Can't wait till I can go back to it. As everyone else has said, you do have to get the hang of using it. QVC has some great deals this weekend for BE's 7 anniversary. I will have to mark my calendar for the June 8! I also love the brushes that you get with the makeup. Nothing to lose Tracey if you don't like it, send it back to them! Even though its a mineral mu - I still like to use a good moisturizer in my dry areas and let it soak in for about 10 min. then apply. Seems to help.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Welcome to MuT, Summer! I'm Janelle (from NY) nice to meet ya!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Hi Janelle! Nice meeting you too! I am in NJ
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Summer - A warm & friendly H E L L O from NY
wink.gif
...I'm Karen

Originally Posted by K*O* Summer - A warm & friendly H E L L O from NY
wink.gif
...I'm Karen Thank you so much Karen! Nice meeting you!
icon_smile.gif

i really like my BE foundations. i put my studio fix on the other day instead of my BE and my face looked so.... um ... flat with my BE it looks so nice.

I bought one of their eyeshadows today. I've never used BE before and haven't really been reading up on the brand. All I know is I tested this shade in the store on my hand and I liked it.

The shadow is loose in its container. Now I can see myself being a klutz and accidentally spilling the contents on the floor. Then I'd be
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by Amethyst I bought one of their eyeshadows today. I've never used BE before and haven't really been reading up on the brand. All I know is I tested this shade in the store on my hand and I liked it.
The shadow is loose in its container. Now I can see myself being a klutz and accidentally spilling the contents on the floor. Then I'd be
icon_cry.gif

yes that's how they are and it sucks i would suggest to get small sample jars to put a little bit in at a time so if you do drop it or something the whole thing wont be wasted.

I have done that many times !!!
icon_cry.gif
Finally I gave up and moved to Mac e/s
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Amethyst The shadow is loose in its container. Now I can see myself being a klutz and accidentally spilling the contents on the floor. Then I'd be
icon_cry.gif

I took the plunge last week and bought the dark/deep kit. I,m not too sure about the colors yet. I have to experiment with it. I wish they had more colors for AA women.

I guess my best bet will be to mix it up and see what combination,I can come up with. I also bought the pebble eyeshadow,rose pearl glimpse shimmery type shadow,two shadow liners in bark and opera,Josie lipstick,Glee lipgloss and I,m Amused Rouge.

I like the brushes that came with the kit. I also bought the tapered blush brush and an eyeliner brush.

I hope this line works for me,I like the look that the Beauty Consultant achieved but am concerned that when I go to apply it,the color will be too dark for me.

I forgot to add. I went back today and picked up a few more things.
icon_redface.gif

I got the Golden Gate Blush,Wearable Nude Lip Kit,Meet the Browns,eyeshadows,Buzz Latte Lip Balm and a lip brush.

If the Mu doesn't work as far as the foundation part,I may try a different line,to see if I can get a color a wee bit closer to my skin tone,with out having to mix too much.

If that happens,I will continue to use everything else. I love the feeling or lack of feeling I should say. I don't feel like I have anything on.

Keep your fingers crossed.

I may have to go back to MAC and I do love MAC but I wanted to try something new.
icon_razz.gif

Originally Posted by StephieCee BTW, if anyone knows where else to get BE (for cheap shipping) PLEASE let me know
icon_lol.gif
QVC sells the product cheaper and also, Sephora will do free S & h when you buy a certain amount. A lot of people sell BE on Ebay to so you might want to look into that.

Originally Posted by Sheridan I took the plunge last week and bought the dark/deep kit. I,m not too sure about the colors yet. I have to experiment with it. I wish they had more colors for AA women. If it doesn't work out with BE try Aromaleigh...I've used it on plenty of AA women and it always looks really natural. Or if you don't like Aromaleigh, Jane Iredale has great colors for ethnic women as well.

Thank you envymi. I will keep that in mind. I,ve read some of your threads regarding the Aromaleigh and I'll check out their website.

I was extremely disappointed with BE. Thank goodness every thing else worked for me.

Sheridan

I agree with everyone else... check ebay - everyones skin is different. You may even find someone in the swap forum so that you don't have to put money into it really...  I do hope you love it as much as the rest of us.  Blessings

Back