Birchbox March 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im tempted by the Amika but I think I'm going to go with Its a 10 since I love that so much.

Ugh I got my email but don't know what to pick.  I kind of want the curated box but only for the blush, but then I'm worried it'll be too pigmented.  I've already received the It's a 10 and the BP oil, I liked both but am drowning in hair oils, and I don't want the Amika...  Maybe I'll leave it to chance.

Haven't got my email yet, but when I do I think I will go with the curated box, although the only reason I really want it is for the blush...

I really want to reduce my boxes to just one this month, but I also want the its a 10 so I'm guessing I'll be going for curated on one and the its a 10 on the other. 

Got an email for one account and I chose the Amika! I'm kind of surprised that I haven't gotten the email for my Ace account yet. I feel like they should send those out before the friend referral emails.

i got mine also but going to leave it to fate. this is the first time i didnt pick one though, has anyone gotten pretty good boxes by not picking the sc?

I finally got the Aces sample selection email. I think I'm going to leave it to chance this month. My December and January boxes were surprises, and I loved them. I selected a sample for February and was a bit underwhelmed. I want to see if the random + profile works better for me this subscription course.

I have had the Amika before and it is great for my fine, straight hair! 

laura geller baked blush - the baked collection is pretty cool - you can control how light or dark you want it and I never found them to be too dark.  It is hard to tell what color it is

I have tried pink grapefruit & roseberry in the past and have liked them.  Pink Grapefruit was extremely popular when she sold it on QVC

here are all of the colors that Laura Geller has in the baked blush

• Tropic Hues: contains swirls of coral, pink and bronze
  • Pink Grapefruit: rich tones of beige, mauve and shimmering pink
  • Roseberry: soft tones of rose and a touch of gold
  • Sunswept: soft tones of pink, golden peach, and bronzy beige
  • Golden Apricot: rich tones of apricot, cream, gold and a hint of rose swirled together
  • Boysenberry: a peachy-pink matte blush that looks soft and natural
  • Pink Buttercream: the perfect petal hue swirled with copper and gold flecks
from http://www.laurageller.com/store/cheeks/products/blush-n-brighten

I chose the curated box.  I like Laura Gellar items and will use everything in the box.  So that's a win this month for me!

I have had the Amika before and it is great for my fine, straight hair!

laura geller baked blush - the baked collection is pretty cool - you can control how light or dark you want it and I never found them to be too dark. It is hard to tell what color it is

I have tried pink grapefruit & roseberry in the past and have liked them. Pink Grapefruit was extremely popular when she sold it on QVC

here are all of the colors that Laura Geller has in the baked blush

• Tropic Hues: contains swirls of coral, pink and bronze
  • Pink Grapefruit: rich tones of beige, mauve and shimmering pink
  • Roseberry: soft tones of rose and a touch of gold
  • Sunswept: soft tones of pink, golden peach, and bronzy beige
  • Golden Apricot: rich tones of apricot, cream, gold and a hint of rose swirled together
  • Boysenberry: a peachy-pink matte blush that looks soft and natural
  • Pink Buttercream: the perfect petal hue swirled with copper and gold flecks
from http://www.laurageller.com/store/cheeks/products/blush-n-brighten
Thanks! Every single blush shade sounds like something I would use :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my email about a half hour ago.  I only have one account, but it's an Ace account and I didn't have any referrals.  I chose the Amika blowout spray, but now after reading biancardi's post, I wonder if I should've gone with the curated box.

I got my email about a half hour ago.  I only have one account, but it's an Ace account and I didn't have any referrals.  I chose the Amika blowout spray, but now after reading biancardi's post, I wonder if I should've gone with the curated box.
I wouldn't worry too much. Items from the curated are often featured in regular box combos. I'm thinking it will be the blush or the whish almond butter.

Did those of you who made a choice get a confirmation email?  I didn't.  But when I went to my page again to try to select, it shows my choice.  Normal/Abnormal?  Problem?  Thanks!

Did those of you who made a choice get a confirmation email?  I didn't.  But when I went to my page again to try to select, it shows my choice.  Normal/Abnormal?  Problem?  Thanks!
I went with the curated box and got a confirmation email within like 15 minutes.  Kind of wishing I had left it up to chance but whatever, hopefully the blush is awesome!

The blush was the only thing of interest to me in that box and I have plenty of blush.  Blush lasts me a long, long time!  So I decided against the curated box.  One thing I really like about a curated box is that it avoids getting a perfume sample.  I do not like to get those as I am particular about my fragrance, have favorites and also can usually get free samples at the stores if I want to try something new.  So they are of no value to me.

Latest posts

Back