Birchbox May 2015 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is my first month doing the $30 beta.  I thought they were sending the cargo eyeshadow palette, that is what it showed and some people did receive it I think.  What I received was a broken cargo single.  The color is pretty, but BB rep said it retails for $26.  On the cargo website it is $16.  Also got a Jouer lip gloss in a color that I can't wear.  So that will be going up on the trade boards.  Not sure if I'll stick with the beta or not.  I am leaning toward not. I can spend $20 on my own and pick out my own makeup. 

yep gonna cancel my beta. there is no reason to keep it in my opinion. and I saw on Fb that the single cargo shadow wasn't even in the palette? wonder if that's true. I'm done

I just sent birchbox an email regarding my beta upgrade. The full size products were cargo eyeshadow in Yukon and Laura mercier weightless lip color. My lip color was mod not even sold on the website. The eyeshadow is listed as part of palette of 12 shadows. The cargo single retails for $16 but birchbox is using the palette price of $34

I just sent birchbox an email regarding my beta upgrade. The full size products were cargo eyeshadow in Yukon and Laura mercier weightless lip color. My lip color was mod not even sold on the website. The eyeshadow is listed as part of palette of 12 shadows. The cargo single retails for $16 but birchbox is using the palette price of $34
Please let us know what they respond with. I am very disappointed. I posted on their Facebook page, but they dare not comment.

My box came today and I got the same upgrades. When I opened the eye shadow it crumbled and fell out of the pan. Also the same thing with the lipstick. When I opened it, the lipstick flew out of the container. It was really weird. I've never had this happened before. The Mod color is not a color I would wear. The eye shadow color is pretty though. I put the part of the shadow that didn't break back in the pan and will try the shade later.

My box came today and I got the same upgrades. When I opened the eye shadow it crumbled and fell out of the pan. Also the same thing with the lipstick. When I opened it, the lipstick flew out of the container. It was really weird. I've never had this happened before. The Mod color is not a color I would wear. The eye shadow color is pretty though. I put the part of the shadow that didn't break back in the pan and will try the shade later.
My lip was twisted in tube. Yeah not a color for me either.

it is my first month doing the $30 beta.  I thought they were sending the cargo eyeshadow palette, that is what it showed and some people did receive it I think.  What I received was a broken cargo single.  The color is pretty, but BB rep said it retails for $26.  On the cargo website it is $16.  Also got a Jouer lip gloss in a color that I can't wear.  So that will be going up on the trade boards.  Not sure if I'll stick with the beta or not.  I am leaning toward not. I can spend $20 on my own and pick out my own makeup. 
How were you able to do the beta? I have been trying to get it for months, you are the first person I have heard of who just got it, please tell!

How were you able to do the beta? I have been trying to get it for months, you are the first person I have heard of who just got it, please tell!
This is another thing that bugs me. I have two subs. One I started last September and the second in December. Both were given the option for the upgrade. Every time I cancel and resub with a code it asks if I would like to upgrade.  Meanwhile I keep seeing people who have newer subs basically being told sorry you can't sit with us. I think this was a flop anyway. They should create more kinds of limited edition boxes. 

This is another thing that bugs me. I have two subs. One I started last September and the second in December. Both were given the option for the upgrade. Every time I cancel and resub with a code it asks if I would like to upgrade. Meanwhile I keep seeing people who have newer subs basically being told sorry you can't sit with us. I think this was a flop anyway. They should create more kinds of limited edition boxes.
When I signed my mom up last month she was given the option and I was too when I turned my gift sub into a regular one. I think it's jsut completely random but a waste of money to me. I too would love more limited edition boxes in all price ranges.

I know this isn't a huge deal...but my box didn't come with the card describing the contents. Just one that says We hope you love your box. Learn more about your samples....at birchbox . . com. Is this a new thing, not having cards?

Well well well my BS box showed up today!

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with the address label. Ugh!

Well whatever, it's here. Oddly there was no pillow pack, all my samples just rolled around in the box. No matter, just gals to have the box.

I need to let BB know not to bother with a replacement.

This is another thing that bugs me. I have two subs. One I started last September and the second in December. Both were given the option for the upgrade. Every time I cancel and resub with a code it asks if I would like to upgrade. Meanwhile I keep seeing people who have newer subs basically being told sorry you can't sit with us. I think this was a flop anyway. They should create more kinds of limited edition boxes.
Everytime I log in (brand new sub) it asks me if I want to upgrade. I wonder how they choose who gets it.

I was supposed to get my Birchbox yesterday and it says it's been delivered on the tracking email, but I don't have it at all. I'm so sad, I was soooo looking forward to my box this month, I was actually get good samples. I emailed them and haven't heard back yet. I hope they send out a replacement with the same exact samples I'm supposed to get. So far I haven't liked my Ipsy, Glossybox or Boxycharm this month, been really looking forward to my Birchbox. 

So I got my birchbox today..

-The number 4 prep and protect doesn't smell very good

-The juice beauty cc cream really doesn't smell good

-I really don't like the dry down smell of harvey prince sincerely

-the coastal scents eyeshadows are pretty

-the naobay is fine

I reactivated my second account to get the beautyblender, then found out today that I am getting the exact same box...sigh

Received one of my boxes (for some other reason the other was delayed and will come sometime next week) and it doesn't match what they originally listed; feel new box is lower in value. This box is on the beta account with my preferences more detailed:

1. Marcelle Clay Mask - too many irritants in this product for me, giving away.

2. Number 4 Prep & Protect - don't know how many times I can say no hair products, giving away.

3. Naobay Oxygenating Cream - my PYS.

4. Harvey Prince Yogini - same goes for perfume, don't want, giving away.

5. Coastal Scents Revealed 3 - was happy to see this, but saw it's made in China, tossing.

I've tried Birchbox for 4 months and noticed I don't keep the majority of the items in the box. I'm going to cash in my points on this account and cancel. I don't understand the point of the profile if they aren't going to follow it. 

I know this isn't a huge deal...but my box didn't come with the card describing the contents. Just one that says We hope you love your box. Learn more about your samples....at birchbox . . com. Is this a new thing, not having cards?
One of my boxes came with a card like that too. And one of my samples according to the web site (the W3LL PEOPLE mascara) was replaced with a Coastal Scents sample. So I wonder if they put that card in when they run out of what your original card said you were getting! If that makes sense...

So I got my birchbox today..

-The number 4 prep and protect doesn't smell very good

-The juice beauty cc cream really doesn't smell good

-I really don't like the dry down smell of harvey prince sincerely

-the coastal scents eyeshadows are pretty

-the naobay is fine

I reactivated my second account to get the beautyblender, then found out today that I am getting the exact same box...sigh
I received the same box on one of my two accounts - I think this was my most disappointing box in a year and a half. The Naobay was the only thing in it I remotely liked. The eye shadows were pretty, but cheap quality - they lasted 4 hours tops (with Smashbox eye primer) before creasing and fading. 

The Harvey Prince Sincerely is one of the most aggressively headache-inducing perfumes I've tried. Seriously. One spritz and I smell like a grandma trying to hide the fact she just put away the better part of a fifth of whiskey.  :sick:

Back