Birchbox October 2016 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the Tata Harper as a nighttime spot treatment, I just pop it on where my skin needs a little attention and wash it away in the morning, it does a really good job when I use it like this. I agree with swapping out mascara samples with lipstick samples, they're so cute. (Although I do love getting both) I got the MAKE Silk Cream Lipstick in Taffy this month but I haven't swatched it yet, its does look nice I'm just not sure I'll ever use it after swatching it.

I got my box yesterday. I'm pretty happy with all of the products.

IMG_2118.JPG

The make lipstick was the same shade as the one in the featured box (magnolia), so that's a dupe for me. I'll probably put it in the circular swap box.  Everything else is a win for me and will get used. I don't love the smell of the juice products but I do like to try various cleansers.

I got the Tata Harper mask too but haven't used it yet. I ended up getting the Tata Harper sample set set as an add on and the products are heavenly. I've tried the cleanser and the serum out of the set and they are amazing.

I have an off topic question. Has anyone noticed a dwindling number of replies to the monthly BB posts? I knew there were tons of posts at this point in the month when I was subscribed a little over a year ago. I just checked the old posts to be sure, 1k-3k posts per month, and this month, only a handful. Is BB no longer the place to be?

I have an off topic question. Has anyone noticed a dwindling number of replies to the monthly BB posts? I knew there were tons of posts at this point in the month when I was subscribed a little over a year ago. I just checked the old posts to be sure, 1k-3k posts per month, and this month, only a handful. Is BB no longer the place to be?
Unfortunately after they removed review points most of us left BB, there is simply not much incentive to keep it anymore after the points are gone.

Personally, I am keeping an eye on each month's offerings so that I can subscribe/unsubscribe based on them rather than subscribing by default.

Yeah, I thought I'd never cancel birchbox. But my annual sub is coming to an end in November, and I'm considering not renewing. The loss of review points paired with lack of excitement is making the $110 not worth it anymore.

Unfortunately after they removed review points most of us left BB, there is simply not much incentive to keep it anymore after the points are gone.

Personally, I am keeping an eye on each month's offerings so that I can subscribe/unsubscribe based on them rather than subscribing by default.
I had no idea that they removed the review points!

Back