Chanel - Black Satin Nail Polish

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I got my Sedu!!!!! I'm so excited!!! Going to try it...
One thing though, do you use straightening products? If you do, what do you use? For some reasom my hair is never greasy, but whenever I straighten my hair, the next morning my hair looks like a grease pit. I could never get away going two days without washing my hair, but i could if my hair is curly (I use products when it is curly too). It's annoying...

im so happy for you !! i use l`oreal `s studio line- hot straight heat activated straightening cream , i love this stuff , it smells so good and after i straight it i put in paul mitchell super skinny serum, keep me updated ok

Originally Posted by Quiana /img/forum/go_quote.gif Do not buy the Chanel. This is what I have done to make an awesome duplicate of this now trendy nail polish....
I used Milani Black Magic and MAC platinum pigment. I just used tweezers to add little bits of the pigment to the nail polish. replaced the cap and shook it until it was mixed. No specific amount--just enough to give it that sought after subtle shimmer in Black Satin. Beware--the polish will separate, but once you shake it it will go back to normal with no adverse effects. If you swatch the Chanel and my concoction side by side, you cannot tell the difference.

I suppose any black nail polish will do, but I find this particular Milani goes on opaque in one coat and is does not streak. You can also use silver pigment--just make sure it is a metal, although frost may work as well.

Great idea! Thanks!

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love, love, love my straightener! Thank You! yeah me too, so glad you love it as much as me,its the best one i ever had and i bought alot of them but this being the most expensive one but it was worth every penny
wink.gif

I recently bought a black nail polish with some glitter. It's called Bijou Crystals in Rebellious by L'oreal. I like it although I wish the glitter was a little more fine-grained but the look is nice and not too over-the-top.
wink.gif

So excited to try the Milani polish w/ the Platinum pigmnet. I wanted the Black Satin so bad but refuse to pay that money for nail polish.

I love black nail polish but I wouldn't spend so much money on it, I plan to try the Barry M because they're nail polishes are quite well pigmented.

Hi!

Here on MuT we do not allow promoting of your products/services. This is considered spamming. You might not have been aware of those when you registered. That's ok. Please refer to our rules/regs for what is considered spamming.

Your post will be edited so that it will comply with our rules.

Thank you for understanding.

I read in a magazine that celebrities are stealing it from their makeup artists because they can't get ahold of their own. It is supposedly completely sold out all across the US.

Originally Posted by Brownshugaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif so once again, does anyone know any good drugstore equivalents? Zoya has a color called Raven. It's a perfect match for Black Satin. You can't buy it in the drugstore but you can buy it on their website.

Category

I also tried the Milani with the Mac platinum pigment, like Quiana suggested. It worked wonderfully... I love it! Thanks for the idea! I checked on ebay, chanel's black satin is going for a hundred bucks. That's crazy!!

Nic

there is also a much cheaper version from Wet n' Wild... it looks exactly like Chanel Black Satin..

I could never understand why people would be willing to spend 100$ on a nailpolish.. just crazy...

i saw this is alot of magazines, but to me it's just a black nail polish, no special color so i would go with anyone esp a drugstore brand.

This is a popular polish featured in a lot of mags... I personally can't see spending that much on a polish! I've used a black polish before by Sation and Wet n' Wild, and they worked just as well I'm sure.

Back