Christmas Etiquette?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, well here's a situation I need some help on. A few weeks ago I met a guy and we've been out a total of 4 times. I know for X-mas he will be getting me a few things... this guy isn't lacking in the financial category :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Neway, I have no idea what to get him. I barely know this guy and don't want to spend alot, nor do I know things "he really wants or needs yet". What is the etiquette here? A card? Chocolates? What do I give to a guy who I know is going to get me a few "big things".

Any gift ideas girls? I'm looking for something thoughful but not extravagent or mushy. Should I give anything at all? Any help is VERY appreciated right now!

Well does he play golf? Little golfer gifts. A little desk knick knack like the little gag things,for somone that has an office or home desk...

What about cooking him dinner or taking him out to a nice dinner? Maybe something for his office or car?

I agree with Marisol - cooking him dinner would be nice, or taking him out to his favorite restaurant...

...or perhaps buying him a cd from his favorite band...and chocolate or cookies are always good too, lol - most guys can't say no to yummy treats!!

Best of luck!! Let us know how it turns out.

I was in the same situation last Christmas. lol. I'd say get him a cd or two if you know what type of music he's into. Or else maybe a gift card from Best Buy or something like that. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

dinners and such are probably the better way to go - everyone eats! you must know his favorite restaurant or be able to find that out by christmas :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The dinner idea sounds great. Or you could make him some cookies. The first gift I have my boyfriend was a huge box of homemade jumbo chocolate chip cookies, and I think it snagged him good ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> LOL.

I completely agree with Marisol! I think making him a nice dinner, and getting him something nice for his office and/or house would be great!

Hmmm...if you really like him and are expecting a lot from HIM, I think I would do more than just dinner or a CD. I know you said you didn't want to get anything "mushy" or spend too much money but would you consider getting something a LITTLE more personal? Maybe find out what kind of cologne he likes or even a nice shirt from one of his favorite stores... If he showers you and you didn't get him anything, he may get the wrong idea (that you're not into him).

Back