[Closed] Secret Santa sign ups HERE!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh, it's time!  I'm in!  We just send name/address/allergy info now, right?  We don't have to mess with our lists when we send that stuff?

After waffling back and forth between this or the nail SS, I am totally in for this!! I figure I can put a few nail polishes I truly am dying for on the list :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Can't wait to get shopping for my girl (or guy :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

----

EDIT WHOOPS! Just realized I only officially joined on 10/20 after lurking for so long. Dang! It feels like longer, the Bondi debacle really felt like ages ago hah. Next year it is 

I'm in! It was so much fun to watch last year.
When I first joined (aka stopped lurking like a weirdo all the time) I read through the old ss reveals and it looked like so much fun. And I know there were some people who weren't ahem...thrilled...with their gifts, but they totally kept it civil (aka, didn't say anything, really) in the public thread. So that was nice too.

Quote: Originally Posted by slinka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I first joined (aka stopped lurking like a weirdo all the time) I read through the old ss reveals and it looked like so much fun. And I know there were some people who weren't ahem...thrilled...with their gifts, but they totally kept it civil (aka, didn't say anything, really) in the public thread. So that was nice too.
That is a HUGE fear of mine.  That my SS will not like the things I buy her, and then I will feel really bad!  

That is a HUGE fear of mine.  That my SS will not like the things I buy her, and then I will feel really bad!  
Well, at least she'll probably never tell you if she didn't like it lol. No, I think we all sincerely want to make our Ss happy, and so long as you don't get her things from her do not buy or something she's allergic to, you should be just fine. We all got into this for the fun and mystery =p and hey, if they really can't use something, they can always join the swap threads =p

@luckyme502 I agree. i don't just want to pick something off the list and say: here you go, but I think the main item will come of their list (if they have one0 and then i am stalking threads to find out color preferences and so on.

I have to confess that I actually received a big item that was on my do not buy last year. I just shrugged, tucked it away, and eventually sold it in one of my periodic Poshmark/eBay posting binges.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have to confess that I actually received a big item that was on my do not buy last year. I just shrugged, tucked it away, and eventually sold it in one of my periodic Poshmark/eBay posting binges.
I think that's really rude. I think the santees need to help out their Santas (unless they REALLY want a TOTAL surprise which may not be their style at all) by telling them, in at least broad terms, things they' love and things they really do not want.  I think the Santas have an obligation to actually listen, especially to the do not wants.

I think that's really rude. I think the santees need to help out their Santas (unless they REALLY want a TOTAL surprise which may not be their style at all) by telling them, in at least broad terms, things they' love and things they really do not want.  I think the Santas have an obligation to actually listen, especially to the do not wants.
Uh... I had specifically put "neutrals" on my do-not-want list (I double-checked my PM because I was *very* confused by other things in the box, and they were all indeed in the right section), and I received an all-neutrals palette. I know I'm ungrateful because it *was* an expensive item, but I don't see what's rude about quietly setting something aside and selling it later since the please-do-not-send-this list was clearly disregarded (it almost seemed like my do-not-want was specifically used to pick items from).

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Uh... I had specifically put "neutrals" on my do-not-want list (I double-checked my PM because I was *very* confused by other things in the box, and they were all indeed in the right section), and I received an all-neutrals palette. I know I'm ungrateful because it *was* an expensive item, but I don't see what's rude about quietly setting something aside and selling it later since the please-do-not-send-this list was clearly disregarded (it almost seemed like my do-not-want was specifically used to pick items from).
No. I think it is rude that she did that to you.

I hope that everyone at least has a list of items they do not want/ brands they like just to make it a little easier. Many of us, just like me, do not have an actual avatar with our face on it and i would not want to send the wron shade of something or an item they cannot use.

No. I think it is rude that she did that to you.
Ah, got it. Thank you. I've been holding that in all year, and it actually made me wary about signing up this year, so my suppressed frustration kind of oozed out everywhere today.

Back