Do you have a Tattoo?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Jennifer is it true that if a female gets a tattoo where her ovaries are, there will be complications? I don´t think that´s possible. the tattoo color only penetrates the surface skin.
somebody also tried to convince me that getting your belly button pierced may result in infertility...I don´t know where people get these weird ideas from
icon_rolleyes.gif

Arielle~ Keep this in mind before you get a tattoo! My advice would be to wait until you're at least 21. I've heard it hurts WAYYY more to get it removed and doesn't get rid of all of it! Also, if you get one, make sure it's in a place where you can hide it easily if you need to, keeping in mind your future, possibly as a big shot business woman or whatever you want. So don't tattoo your head! LOL!
tongue.gif

well I will be 21 in a few months-but I don´t think I will do it because it´s permanent and I change my mind a million times a day *gg*. but I do have my belly button pierced which wasn´t a hard decision cause when you take it out the whole will be gone soon.

all my friends turned 18 before i did, in high school. so they all ran off and got the tattoos that were trendy at that time, which were of course japanese characters. at the time, i remember wishing i could get a tattoo too. i had gone to the library and looked at old art books and had an idea for what i wanted (which i admit wouldn't be too stupid today), but the tattoos my friends have? if i were them, i would regret them! the funniest thing is that my best friend got these two japanese characters that meant strengh and love (or something generic of that sort), and they ended up being the exact same tatoos that sporty spice had and in the same exact spot! so when people would ask him what they meant, he would just say, "it's personal." haha!

my boyfriend has nice tattoos (on his arms, which i love on guys!) but for me, i just don't have a strong desire to get a tattoo. sure...the tattoo on angelina's back is very nice, but frankly i would rather look at a chinese painting on my wall. to each their own is my opinion. if i did get a tattoo, it would most likely be on the inside of my arm and be something in greek, hebrew, or arabic letters since i study language. i think tattoos on the inside of the forearm are subtle and sexy...

I have one on my upper arm.It`s a cat.

I was eighteen when I got it, and now at 31 I want to get it removed.(Just wish I could find another way to remove it.Laser hurts really bad they say.)
icon_cry.gif

So I would recommend people to think it through before getting one!!

Originally Posted by KittyM

I have one on my upper arm.It`s a cat.I was eighteen when I got it, and now at 31 I want to get it removed.(Just wish I could find another way to remove it.Laser hurts really bad they say.)
icon_cry.gif

So I would recommend people to think it through before getting one!!

I agree KittyM. I have seen MANY teens with many tatoos. I am not saying that I do this, but unfortunately, people to judge a book by it's cover.

I don't have any tattoos nor have I ever considered getting any. Normally I don't care for them but on Angelina Jolie anything is sexy. She's the hotness!

I have a small tattoo on my lower back of the chinese symbol of good fortune. It's from a loooong time ago, another part of my life, and I often forget that I have it. Sometimes when I bend down to hug or pick up one of my kids, someone will see it and say, "omigosh, you have a tattoo!" I have no regrets, it's just a part of me, part of my experiences. However, I will certainly have to have a long conversation with one of my children if they decide they want one. When you're a teenager it's hard to understand the longevity of your split-second decision.

I have a friend who has a tattoo of barbed wire around her upper arm. She's in her early 30's and it still looks good on her now. She's petite and toned, and very feminine, I might add. But I wonder how she'll like it when she's 65?

After reading all the posts I had to put in my 2 cents. I got my first tattoo 20 years ago. It was my 18th birthday. I had wanted one for a while so I had saved up which enabled me to get a nice one. Being an artist I had drawn one out to be an original. It is of half a female face with a tear coming down. I have seen others simular to mine over the years but none just like it. I also have one on my foot. It starts on my second toe as a vine that goes up and around my ankle, there is a butterfly blended in the vines on the top of my foot and different colored roses adorning the vine. I also have one on my lower back of a tribal butterfly. My nose is peirced but I wear only small gold jewlery in it. I have many other piercings on various places on my body that are not seen by everyone.

Now with all that said I am NOT sorry for my body art, I have never felt judged by it and have received compliments on it .I guess if I feel silly at 65 I will just wear closed shoes and a sweater and my body jewlery can be removed. But for now I love my body art, I am very, very pale with no freckles and it gives me some color!

To me it is like any other form of adornment, you can wear is with class...

or wear it like trash!

Yeah I have had it like for a year cause I couldn't find a normal eyeliner that stayed on long enought for me, plus I had a hard time applying it. So I just got this
icon_confused.gif

Originally Posted by userposeur

Yeah I have had it like for a year cause I couldn't find a normal eyeliner that stayed on long enought for me, plus I had a hard time applying it. So I just got this
icon_confused.gif

Show us a picture of it?

no, I don't have a tattoo but would love to get one. It's just a matter of deciding which one I want and where to put it.

I have 4. A small cherub on left shoulder with my Daughter's name under it. A angel on my right ankle. A flower braclet on left ankle, and actually my Husband and I went and got another one this weekend. I got a butterfly on my right foot, looks like its flying very pretty. He got my name tattooed on his neck not too large. I told him not to do that to put it someplace not noticable, but he insisted! crazy..
icon_smile.gif

I used to think that I would NEVER get a tattoo. Now look at me..
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Show us a picture of it? I'd love to show a picture of it, but I don't have a camera.
icon_sad.gif
I have it just on my top lids in black, it looks just like liquid eyeliner...

I personally do not have a tatoo. I have thought about it for several years but I haven't found anything that I would permanently want on my body. If I did get something it would be small/dainty and it would more than likely be on my lower stomach of the front of my hip.

With that being said. I really like looking at tatoos. Especially if they have been taken care of and still have great color. I personally do not like tatoos that have seen way too much sun and are discolored.

I do like Angelina's tatoo very much. It's beautiful. It's just not for me.

Nope, I don't have any or want any tattoos.

But, I do sometimes find tattoos looks sexy on women, as long as it's suites them.

The one on Angelina is beautiful, but I think it's too big for women.

I have 3. A maple leaf, a treble clef, and a design with devil horns , a tail, wings and a halo.....I use it as my symbol on my demos. I personally dont have the "extreme" pain stories alot of people have, sure it didnt tickle....but it was definitly good pain. Ive also gotten pierced a time or two, so maybe i just have a higher tolerance. I love my tattoos, and people dont know i havee them till i tell them, they dont define me.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Yes, this is the huge thing. Most don't think about when they will be like 57 with a bunch of tribal tatoos and stuff...... How do you think I'm going to feel at 57 with a Playboy Bunny tatoo??
I will get another soon, though. It will be on my lower back and it will be my son's name in Chinese.

Back