Do you wear makeup when excercising?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually work out in the evening and I don't take off my make-up before I work out but I don't touch it up or anything before hand. If I do work out in the morning, I don't put make-up on until afterwards.

Sometimes I do wear makeup (really light though, just the basics) and sometimes I don't. It depends on how I feel the current moment and how I feel about my skin. Usually, when I am wearing make-up, it's because I haven't slept well the night before, or there is a stupid pimple on my face. :huh:

I wear make up when I work out, only because I go to the gym straight from work in the evening. I wouldn’t go out of my way just to give myself a make over before going to the gym, it seems pointless when you’ll be covered in sweat anyway :)

I tend to keep only my mascara on and remove the rest! haha. I know I will sweat so at least I can wipe my forehead and face without worrying my makeup will look patchy but my eyelashes will always look great and give a bit of life to my eyes lol! 

I don't put makeup when I only exercise at home. But if I have to go out and walk around the park then I usually apply face powder and light lipstick.

I usually do because I tend to workout at the end of the day!! To be honest I have really bad acne scarring and on days I ever workout in the morning I will put a tiny bit of concealer over my scars if i'm going to be working out in public. Anything more than that? no, I would just sweat it off! lol

Before, I usually have no make-up while running and going to gym.

But now, I made it a habit to put face mask after I get out of bed. So I have a coat of refreshing flower scent in my face.

I ABSOLUTELY TRY NOT TO HAVE MAKEUP ON MY FACE WHEN I WORK OUT. THE ONLY TIME I'LL HAVE MAKEUP ON IS IF I ENDED UP WORKING OUT AFTER I CAME FROM SOMEWHERE AND DIDN'T HAVE A CHANCE TO TAKE THE MAKEUP OFF (DIDN'T HAVE ANY MAKEUP WIPES OR FORGOT TO PACK SOME). I RARELY HAVE A FULL FACE OF MAKEUP ANYHOW. NOW IF YOU WORK OUT INTENTIONALLY WITH A FULL FACE OF MAKEUP, THAT'S A BIT WEIRD TO ME.

Ideally, I don't wear makeup while exercising. But sometimes I go to the gym at the end of the day when I still have my makeup on. Usually, I'll just leave it on and paper-towel dry my face as I sweat. I know this isn't the best. I think the best would be washing or using makeup removing towelettes before working out. I know this is especially important if you are prone to breakouts. 

Also, have you ever tried to hold on to weights after applying moisturizer? You need to wash your hands well or you will slip all over the place. 

Be careful about depending too much on makeup removal wipes. They remove makeup but don't really clean your skin. Plus, they have preservatives and other chemicals. Soap and water is best. You can wipe your face down with alcohol-free toner afterward, I like Thayers.

It isnt the most sanitary however i do sometimes to feel like im beautiful while exercising lmaoooo :D  more motivation

Neeeever. I always go bare-faced because I don't want foundation, makeup and sweat to clog my pore or cause a breakout. I never understood how some people can wear makeup when they exercise...

Back