Quantcast

eye liner color!

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
hey guys, i was wondering i have brown eyes with some yellowish green in them, they can be lighter brown or dark, what color eye liner do you suggest ?

Reaction score
Your eyes sound kind of similar to mine... Check out the pics in the "So I used my CCB's" post.

I usually use a bunch of different colors depending on what I am wearing or what I have on my eyes... I like a really rich dark black, bronze, brown, green, gray/silver, and blue...

It all depends on what you like and what effect you like your eyes to have... Play and see what you think.

Reaction score
I suggest MAC's "Teddy" (deep shimmery brown-bronze), "Ivy" (light shimmery blue-green), "Ola Viola" (soft lilac), "Rosemary and Thyme" (deep shimmery moss green).

Hope this helps!

Reaction score
I love black, brown, purple, and green liners! I think they'd all look good on your brown eyes!

Reaction score
I have brown eyes too and I love brown/bronze eye pencils but also I love greens,I use Mac's Powerpoint in Forever Green.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ikebana I suggest MAC's "Teddy" (deep shimmery brown-bronze), "Ivy" (light shimmery blue-green), "Ola Viola" (soft lilac), "Rosemary and Thyme" (deep shimmery moss green).
Hope this helps!

Ikebana Ola Viola, with what shades of e/s should be paired? I haven't try before any lilac and mauve eye pencils, are they good on brown eyes?

Reaction score
Yeah i was gonna suggest MAC Teddy too.. I think that would look fab. Also check out MAC Tarnish if you can!

Reaction score
I like pairing this liner with purple shadow, but usually I just wear this one alone for a bold color on my lower lashline. If you want to use Ola Viola with shadows, I suggest doing a purple smokey eye and then smudging the kohl on your upper and lower lashline. Its a very light eyeliner so I like to intensify the color with a bolder purple shadow like Leisuretime.

Some purple e/s you could use with Ola Viola are: Leisuretime, Digit, Li'lily, Beautiful Iris, and Creme de Violet.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ikebana I like pairing this liner with purple shadow, but usually I just wear this one alone for a bold color on my lower lashline. If you want to use Ola Viola with shadows, I suggest doing a purple smokey eye and then smudging the kohl on your upper and lower lashline. Its a very light eyeliner so I like to intensify the color with a bolder purple shadow like Leisuretime.
Some purple e/s you could use with Ola Viola are: Leisuretime, Digit, Li'lily, Beautiful Iris, and Creme de Violet.

Oh so Ola Viola it's not so dark. With eyeshadows like the Beautiful Iris or Li'lily like you told me, can I wear a darker purple liner? I think I'm gonna try to buy a purple e/s now, since I don't have any and I was thinking to buy and an eye pencil to wear them together!!

Reaction score
Yep, you could definitely do a darker liner. I actually find e/s looks better when paired with a dark kohls rather than a lighter one.

I think "Prunella" (Shimmering black-eyed plum) and "Icon Eyes (Deep purple tinged blackberry) are both great dark purple/plum eye kohls."

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ikebana Yep, you could definitely do a darker liner. I actually find e/s looks better when paired with a dark kohls rather than a lighter one.
I think "Prunella" (Shimmering black-eyed plum) and "Icon Eyes (Deep purple tinged blackberry) are both great dark purple/plum eye kohls."

Thanks!!!
I saw at Mac's site and Lilacky powerpoint is this shade dark?

Reaction score
ALSO CONTRAST A BLUISH PURPLE NAVY

Originally Posted by Ashley2347 hey guys, i was wondering i have brown eyes with some yellowish green in them, they can be lighter brown or dark, what color eye liner do you suggest ?

Reaction score
Sophia, MAC's lilacky is a lighter silvery-gray purple. Its def. not as dark as Prunella!

Latest posts