Fortune Cookie Soap Box: Summer Soap Box 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone remember Pisces Soap? That was freakishly adorable soap! Bagels, cookies, hot cocoa -- I can't even remember all of the shapes, but they were *extremely* realistic. I miss them! And I miss being able to use bar soap. Apparently, my early 30s were this weird oasis in my life where I could use bar soap. Alas, those years are long gone. On the up side, FCS means I can still use fun seasonal scents in shower gel form!

Aww, that stinks. Did it get everywhere, or was contained somehow? I'm scared some of my stuff will be melted. It's supposed to be here tomorrow.

@@CurlyTails, they're really neat! Some of the soaps are so cute I don't want to use them, I just want to look at them on the counter. LoL
It was in a container, thank goodness.  but it is nice and smushed all around the big plastic container!! 

my lemon soap is so cute - I don't want to use it either!  It has 4 layers - two white,two yellow and then a glittery lemon slice on the top!  it looks like a lemon bar  - I will take a pic of that once my phone recharges....I also love the gelato bath bombs too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
@@meaganola I don't remember that company, but I googled it and it said they used to have pickled-shaped soap! Hahaha. I did see a picture of their brownie soap, and it looked super realistic.

@@biancardi Glad it didn't get all over everything! I ordered a lemon drop bar soap, too. I'm excited to see it in person.

the pics do not do this soap justice.  The lemon "slice" has opalescent glitters that I don't want to use this at all!

soap1.jpgsoap2.jpgsoap3.jpg

I got my order today!

I'm not a big fan of Captain's Berried Booty, but the fortune cookie soap for it was too cute to pass up. It's super cute in person, too.

I love the Lemon Drop bar soap!! It's way bigger than I thought it'd be, too.

The Dreamsicle scent is awesome, but I noticed that it smells way better in wax tart form than in the cuticle butter. The butter must have a little bit of its own smell to it before they add fragrance, I guess.

FCS just posted on their fb page that they're hoping for a restock on Friday.  I'm supposed to be on a low/no buy but I REALLY want the Captain's Berried Booty whipped cream. I already finished my lil sample.

They sent me another lip scrub even though I said they didn't need to!  That was nice!

Also, I was not impressed at all with the wax tart.  It had literally ZERO throw.  You could only smell it if you stuck your nose in the warmer.  Sadness.

FCS just posted on their fb page that they're hoping for a restock on Friday.  I'm supposed to be on a low/no buy but I REALLY want the Captain's Berried Booty whipped cream. I already finished my lil sample.
Me too!! I don't think I'll be able to resist.

They sent me another lip scrub even though I said they didn't need to!  That was nice!

Also, I was not impressed at all with the wax tart.  It had literally ZERO throw.  You could only smell it if you stuck your nose in the warmer.  Sadness.
That sucks! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> What scent was it?

I got my box today! Most of it looks fantastic! Sadly my little Sweet Spot bear bath melts were all melted into not bear shapes and my Hydrate Me was a pink liquid blob.

My order came today! I used my Captain's Berried Booty Shower Gel, Hydrate Me, & Mist Me and I have to say, I'm making myself a little hungry.  :blush:

My hydrate me was kind of odd.. it looked like it was just random pieces and not one whole piece? They don't fit together at all, although they are pretty melted. I stuck it in the fridge for a bit & now it's fine to use. 

Anyone know if you can redeem rewards + use a coupon on the same order?

ETA:  Nope, you can't. It generates a coupon code. Bummer. 

Anyone have any recommendations for a light floral or clean scent? Nothing candy or edible, preferably in bath stuff or the body butter? I have the Tree of Life stuff and that scent might be good, but I haven't tried any other scents.

Anyone have any recommendations for a light floral or clean scent? Nothing candy or edible, preferably in bath stuff or the body butter? I have the Tree of Life stuff and that scent might be good, but I haven't tried any other scents.
Tree of Life is my favorite in that category, but Tiny Tribute is also nice. I got it in a whipped cream and I love it. It's not heavy at all.

Has anyone tried the Golden Boy bath bomb or the Polyjuice bath bomb? I'm running low on bath supplies and can't resist a little Hunger Games or Harry Potter.

Has anyone tried the Golden Boy bath bomb or the Polyjuice bath bomb? I'm running low on bath supplies and can't resist a little Hunger Games or Harry Potter.
I'm the same way. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I tried the golden boy and I liked the scent and how it made the bath water feel, but was kind of disappointed after being used to huge extravagant Lush bath bombs. I'm so sad all the other Hunger Games stuff is gone.
I think I want to do the create your own whipped creams though.

Ok so sadly I made some CYO combinations but cannot purchase them at this time, but I thought I'd throw them out there if someone wants to steal my secret recipes!

"Fire and Blood" - 70 Blood Orange/20 Ocean Water/10 Dragon's Blood

"Midsummer's Night" - 70 Jasmine/20 Nature's Rain/10 Dirt

Does anyone know a coupon I can use for FCS? I really want to buy the cyo whipped cream in Halloween Town but I can't justify paying almost $20 for one lotion.

Back