Quantcast

FOTD February 14, 2012

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Feb 12, 2012
Messages
133
Reaction score
1
Hey guys, i had a really cute look planned for today because it's Valentine's Day but i woke up to a puffy red face with bumps everywhere. I think my new night moisturizer has caused it. Just to show I didn't give up on FOTD already i included a picture of my FOTD
Feel free to laugh and enjoy it!

PS- those are my natural eyes!

Face

Some cream that helps with an allergic reaction

Lips

The Body Shop Hi-Shine Lip Treatment- color idk i peeled of the sticker (i loooooooooooooooove this stuff)



 
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
193
Reaction score
1


Didn't use a whole lot of makeup today....
 

Eyes:
Maybelline Sunbaked Neutrals
NYX eye base in white
loreal bare naturale concealer

Lips:
Burts Bees pomegranate

 

 
Joined
May 3, 2011
Messages
1,997
Reaction score
21
OH NO! I hate that. Thats why I'm so careful with my skin care products. I don't have wicked sensitive skin but you just never know. So sorry!
 

Originally Posted by myrmillonis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey guys, i had a really cute look planned for today because it's Valentine's Day but i woke up to a puffy red face with bumps everywhere. I think my new night moisturizer has caused it. Just to show I didn't give up on FOTD already i included a picture of my FOTD
Feel free to laugh and enjoy it!

PS- those are my natural eyes!

Face

Some cream that helps with an allergic reaction

Lips

The Body Shop Hi-Shine Lip Treatment- color idk i peeled of the sticker (i loooooooooooooooove this stuff)


 
Joined
May 3, 2011
Messages
1,997
Reaction score
21
Pretty!
 

Originally Posted by greenapril /img/forum/go_quote.gif




Didn't use a whole lot of makeup today....
 

Eyes:
Maybelline Sunbaked Neutrals
NYX eye base in white
loreal bare naturale concealer

Lips:
Burts Bees pomegranate

 

 
Joined
Feb 21, 2011
Messages
5,307
Reaction score
110
@Myr - I fell your pain, I too have trouble with unexpected items causing my skin to react.  You look lovely even without the glitz and glam!

@April - The eyeshadow suits your eye color nicely! Pretty!

I tried to go with softer makeup today and a little flare with winged liner.  Didn't really turn out the way I envisioned.  Oh well!  Happy Valentines Day to all!

Eyes:

UD - Chopper and Half Baked

Wet N Wild Baking a Cake Palette

Laura Geller Blush (yes blush! LOL) - Pink Buttercream

Covergirl Liquid Eyeliner - Black

Rimmel GlamEyes Mascara - Extreme Black (just picked this up yesterday and I'm really liking the formula)

Cheeks:

Laura Geller Blush - Pink Buttercream

Lips:

NYC Smoochproof Lip Color - 481







 
Joined
May 3, 2011
Messages
1,997
Reaction score
21
Happy Valentine's Day ladies! I didn't go too crazy today because although my husband loves it when I have "dark eyes" (as he calls it) he also like me with more neutral colors. So I did this for him today :) /emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />







Products Used:

Boot No7 Mousse foundation

Fit Me powder foundation

Famous by Sue Moxley - baked bronzer

Eyes:

ELF cream e/s - Natural glow (used it as a base)

Hello Kitty palette for e/s

Femme couture gel liner - espresso

2true eye definer No7 Brown

Collection 2000-Colour Lash All Day Colour mascara - brown

Lips:

Bath and Body works lip gloss - Liplicious tasty lip - toffee

Hello kitty palette: (I used the top row)



 
Joined
May 3, 2011
Messages
1,997
Reaction score
21
Beautiful! I think we all had the same idea today :) /emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />
 

Originally Posted by jeanarick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@Myr - I fell your pain, I too have trouble with unexpected items causing my skin to react.  You look lovely even without the glitz and glam!

@April - The eyeshadow suits your eye color nicely! Pretty!

I tried to go with softer makeup today and a little flare with winged liner.  Didn't really turn out the way I envisioned.  Oh well!  Happy Valentines Day to all!

Eyes:

UD - Chopper and Half Baked

Wet N Wild Baking a Cake Palette

Laura Geller Blush (yes blush! LOL) - Pink Buttercream

Covergirl Liquid Eyeliner - Black

Rimmel GlamEyes Mascara - Extreme Black (just picked this up yesterday and I'm really liking the formula)

Cheeks:

Laura Geller Blush - Pink Buttercream

Lips:

NYC Smoochproof Lip Color - 481






 
Joined
Feb 21, 2011
Messages
5,307
Reaction score
110
@Hezzie - I love this look on you!!!!!  Honestly, it is gorgeous!  And your hair looks really cute to!

 
Joined
Jul 8, 2011
Messages
446
Reaction score
4
Awww poor girl! I'm not laughing cause this happens to me way too regularly even with products I have used a long time, sometimes my skin has a mind of its own! But at least you had fun with it, took the time to have a good time with it and laugh a little cause that's just as important! Happy Valentine's Day! You still look fantabulous!

Originally Posted by myrmillonis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey guys, i had a really cute look planned for today because it's Valentine's Day but i woke up to a puffy red face with bumps everywhere. I think my new night moisturizer has caused it. Just to show I didn't give up on FOTD already i included a picture of my FOTD
Feel free to laugh and enjoy it!

PS- those are my natural eyes!

Face

Some cream that helps with an allergic reaction

Lips

The Body Shop Hi-Shine Lip Treatment- color idk i peeled of the sticker (i loooooooooooooooove this stuff)


 
Joined
Feb 12, 2012
Messages
133
Reaction score
1
You guys look so amazing today, i love the looks!

Hehe i put the creamy stuff to help it my face feel better on with a makeup brush (washed it after), i was like whatever, I'm awesome
normally i only buy stuff for sensitive skin or from high quality brands but i tried a cheaper acne moisturizer hoping to save money and i got this instead. Does anyone have any tips on how to treat a bad reaction? this is the worst i've ever had it.

ps: Thanks for saying i still look good <3

 
Joined
May 3, 2011
Messages
1,997
Reaction score
21
Did you take some Benadryl? I bet that would help.

Originally Posted by myrmillonis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hehe i put the creamy stuff to help it my face feel better on with a makeup brush (washed it after), i was like whatever, I'm awesome
normally i only buy stuff for sensitive skin or from high quality brands but i tried a cheaper acne moisturizer hoping to save money and i got this instead. Does anyone have any tips on how to treat a bad reaction? this is the worst i've ever had it.

ps: Thanks for saying i still look good <3

 
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
210
Reaction score
8


Essence Mascara

GDE's valentine's day stacker

I have cinanmon on my cheeks by NYX

and havent gotten as far as the lips lol

 
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
193
Reaction score
1
@myrmillonis sorry that your skin had that reaction. 
@jeanarick Nice eye shadow. UD Half Baked is one of my favorite eye shadows.
@Hezzie I like this natural look and that is a cute Hello Kitty palette.

Hope you guys have a great Valentine's Day

 

GirlyEnthusiast

Mastiff Momma
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
1,844
Reaction score
66
Location
Tucson, AZ
I kept it simple

Face: 

Smashbox PhotoFinish Light Primr

Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation

Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer

MAC MSFN Light Plus

Laura Geller Blush in Pink Grapefruit

Eyes:

Pixi Voluptuous Lashes Mascara

Mally Evercolor eyeliner

Lips:

MAC Cremesheen in Boy Bait

 

 
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
4,330
Reaction score
46
You are so pretty! I am so envious!!
 

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I kept it simple

Face: 

Smashbox PhotoFinish Light Primr

Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation

Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer

MAC MSFN Light Plus

Laura Geller Blush in Pink Grapefruit

Eyes:

Pixi Voluptuous Lashes Mascara

Mally Evercolor eyeliner

Lips:

MAC Cremesheen in Boy Bait

 

 
Joined
Oct 17, 2010
Messages
1,805
Reaction score
37
gorgeous everyone! love the valentines day looks!

@jean- i'm loving that blush!! its gorgeous! & that lip color is so pretty

@girly- you are so gorgeous your skin is flawless

@myr- my skin is super sensitive too! you are naturally pretty

@hezzie- love the winged liner

h

Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Rich Ginger

Cheeks; NARS Angelika Blush & Benefit 10 Highlighter

eyes: MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow Pink Split & Maybelline Great Lash Blackest Black 

Lips: MAC Kissable Lipcolour Enchantee

 
Joined
May 3, 2011
Messages
1,997
Reaction score
21
THanks!

Great lipstick :) /emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />
 

Originally Posted by tismama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

gorgeous everyone! love the valentines day looks!

@jean- i'm loving that blush!! its gorgeous! & that lip color is so pretty

@girly- you are so gorgeous your skin is flawless

@myr- my skin is super sensitive too! you are naturally pretty

@hezzie- love the winged liner

h

Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Rich Ginger

Cheeks; NARS Angelika Blush & Benefit 10 Highlighter

eyes: MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow Pink Split & Maybelline Great Lash Blackest Black 

Lips: MAC Kissable Lipcolour Enchantee

 

Latest posts

Top