Quantcast

FOTD for July 13th

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
1,649
Reaction score
0
I'm lovin' this look today! Mixing pine green with some bronze and peach. You know me...always playing with color.


Skin:

Becca Luminous Skin Color in Sand - used as a replacement for my moisturizer w/ sunscreen. Gives the sheerest color possible with SPF 20+.

Becca Stick Foundation in Latte - sheer application on nose and chin.

Becca Concealer in Latte - for dark areas around eyes.

Becca Loose Powder(s) - Bisque and Ginger, blended together in a small glass bowl and brushed on with Kevyn Aucoin's Face/Blush brush.

Eyes:

Trish McEvoy Mint Glaze as a wash on lids and in crease.

Trish McEvoy Bronze Glaze as in crease and in outer wedge of eyes.

YSL Single Shadow #3 - as a sheer wash on browbone. This pink color comes off almost peachy-pink with a sheer golden flash when applied light.

YSL Single Shadow #11 - to line top and lower lashlines. This is a rich shimmery pine green shadow that works well as a liner for lighter skintones. I use a thicker liner brush for a soft, smokey effect.

YSL Longueur Intense Mascara #6 - deep green. Several coats on lashes.

Cheeks:

Sue Devitt Studio in The Gold Coast - as bronzer on cheeks, chin, nose and forehead.

Stila Rouge Pots in Lotus - pink cream blush

Lips:

Laura Mercier Sweet Dreams lipstick - peachy shimmer

Lancome Le Lipstique liner in Ideal

Chanel Glossimer in Zanzibar

Edited to add FOTD picture:



Note: My hair is not finished!!


 
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
1,124
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by KittySkyfish I'm lovin' this look today! Mixing pine green with some bronze and peach. You know me...always playing with color.


Skin:

Becca Luminous Skin Color in Sand - used as a replacement for my moisturizer w/ sunscreen. Gives the sheerest color possible with SPF 20+.

Becca Stick Foundation in Latte - sheer application on nose and chin.

Becca Concealer in Latte - for dark areas around eyes.

Becca Loose Powder(s) - Bisque and Ginger, blended together in a small glass bowl and brushed on with Kevyn Aucoin's Face/Blush brush.

Eyes:

Trish McEvoy Mint Glaze as a wash on lids and in crease.

Trish McEvoy Bronze Glaze as in crease and in outer wedge of eyes.

YSL Single Shadow #3 - as a sheer wash on browbone. This pink color comes off almost peachy-pink with a sheer golden flash when applied light.

YSL Single Shadow #11 - to line top and lower lashlines. This is a rich shimmery pine green shadow that works well as a liner for lighter skintones. I use a thicker liner brush for a soft, smokey effect.

YSL Longueur Intense Mascara #6 - deep green. Several coats on lashes.

Cheeks:

Sue Devitt Studio in The Gold Coast - as bronzer on cheeks, chin, nose and forehead.

Stila Rouge Pots in Lotus - pink cream blush

Lips:

Laura Mercier Sweet Dreams lipstick - peachy shimmer

Lancome Le Lipstique liner in Ideal

Chanel Glossimer in Zanzibar

Edited to add FOTD picture:



Note: My hair is not finished!!


Wow!! You know.... it sounds great when you describe it but it looks even better when you can see it..Love the lips!Late posting but here was my face today:
JI Warm Silk Amazing base

LM shimmer bronzer

MAC Vanilla pig.from lash to brow

MAC Smut in the crease

MAC Engraved to line upper lashes

MAC Fibre Riche mascara

MAC Viva GlamV lipglass

 
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
1,649
Reaction score
0
Aww, thanks! I was about to post some rolling tumbleweeds or cobwebs in this thread. Glad to see others have FOTDs! I decided to post my picture because when I look at all the products I use, it sounds like a LOT is going on my face. I don't want everyone to think I look like a clown.


It's nice to see other pale girls using high-contrast colors for eyes. I think Vanilla pigment and Smut work very well together. With a black liner it's stunning! Do you use a dense bristle brush when applying Smut, or do you use a fluffier brush? You'll probably laugh, but I use two brushes - a tight, dense brush for the deepest contour, then a fluffy brush to add a softer layer of color over the crease, blending up and out.

Take care!

Originally Posted by allisong Wow!! You know.... it sounds great when you describe it but it looks even better when you can see it..Love the lips!Late posting but here was my face today:
JI Warm Silk Amazing base

LM shimmer bronzer

MAC Vanilla pig.from lash to brow

MAC Smut in the crease

MAC Engraved to line upper lashes

MAC Fibre Riche mascara

MAC Viva GlamV lipglass

 
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
1,934
Reaction score
0
Nice work! Thanks for posting your pic -- I had been wishing I could see what some of these FOTDs actually LOOK like. Your make-up looks much more soft than what I had pictured when I read the post initially. How much time did you spend on this look?

PS. I use two brushes when applying eye make-up as well, so no laughs from me.


 
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
1,649
Reaction score
0
This was about 20 minutes. I take it nice n' slow and play around.


Originally Posted by Joyeuux Nice work! Thanks for posting your pic -- I had been wishing I could see what some of these FOTDs actually LOOK like. Your make-up looks much more soft than what I had pictured when I read the post initially. How much time did you spend on this look?
PS. I use two brushes when applying eye make-up as well, so no laughs from me.


 

Geek2

Administrator
Admin
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
11,114
Reaction score
4,213
Wow! You look so pretty!!! I love your makeup! Mine today was Victoria's Secret pink slip ligloss only. I forgot my makeup bag home.


 
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
22,667
Reaction score
441
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
WOW so awesome!!

YOu are very pretty!





Originally Posted by KittySkyfish

I'm lovin' this look today! Mixing pine green with some bronze and peach. You know me...always playing with color.


Skin:

Becca Luminous Skin Color in Sand - used as a replacement for my moisturizer w/ sunscreen. Gives the sheerest color possible with SPF 20+.

Becca Stick Foundation in Latte - sheer application on nose and chin.

Becca Concealer in Latte - for dark areas around eyes.

Becca Loose Powder(s) - Bisque and Ginger, blended together in a small glass bowl and brushed on with Kevyn Aucoin's Face/Blush brush.

Eyes:

Trish McEvoy Mint Glaze as a wash on lids and in crease.

Trish McEvoy Bronze Glaze as in crease and in outer wedge of eyes.

YSL Single Shadow #3 - as a sheer wash on browbone. This pink color comes off almost peachy-pink with a sheer golden flash when applied light.

YSL Single Shadow #11 - to line top and lower lashlines. This is a rich shimmery pine green shadow that works well as a liner for lighter skintones. I use a thicker liner brush for a soft, smokey effect.

YSL Longueur Intense Mascara #6 - deep green. Several coats on lashes.

Cheeks:

Sue Devitt Studio in The Gold Coast - as bronzer on cheeks, chin, nose and forehead.

Stila Rouge Pots in Lotus - pink cream blush

Lips:

Laura Mercier Sweet Dreams lipstick - peachy shimmer

Lancome Le Lipstique liner in Ideal

Chanel Glossimer in Zanzibar

Edited to add FOTD picture:



Note: My hair is not finished!!






 
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
1,124
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Aww, thanks! I was about to post some rolling tumbleweeds or cobwebs in this thread. Glad to see others have FOTDs! I decided to post my picture because when I look at all the products I use, it sounds like a LOT is going on my face. I don't want everyone to think I look like a clown.

It's nice to see other pale girls using high-contrast colors for eyes. I think Vanilla pigment and Smut work very well together. With a black liner it's stunning! Do you use a dense bristle brush when applying Smut, or do you use a fluffier brush? You'll probably laugh, but I use two brushes - a tight, dense brush for the deepest contour, then a fluffy brush to add a softer layer of color over the crease, blending up and out.

Take care!

In answer to your query(sorry I'm tardy)I use 2 brushes also so I laugh not.. I use MAC 217 for the wash and 219 for crease work(219 is dense but I'm sure you know that) then I go back over with the 217 to blend..I prefer the more intense shades even though I'm pale..I think lighter shades wash we out
 
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
1,649
Reaction score
0
Thanks Reija and Tony!


Allisong, believe it or not, I'm not well versed in MAC brushes. I have a few but my favorites have been in my collection for years so I'm not doing much research on other brands. Eyeshadow brushes really do last forever! My oldest is reaching eight years and still performs and looks new.

 
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
1,124
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Thanks Reija and Tony!

Allisong, believe it or not, I'm not well versed in MAC brushes. I have a few but my favorites have been in my collection for years so I'm not doing much research on other brands. Eyeshadow brushes really do last forever! My oldest is reaching eight years and still performs and looks new.

I'm sorry..My bad..I shouldn't assume..I just know so many people that use MAC I think everyone does..The 217 is a semi fluffy brush great for washes and blending and the 219 is a dense pencil shaped brush that IMO is a must have for crease work and other detailing(like smokey lining)
 

Latest posts

Top