Quantcast

Hi - I'm new here!

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
1,649
Reaction score
0
Looks like this could be a fun site! Here's some stuff about me:

I love high-end cosmetics and skincare, though I won't begrudge some drugstore stuff. My favorite m/u lines are YSL, Laura Mercier, Awake and NARS and skincare is a mix of Awake and some Philosophy (their scrubs are awsome!).

I also LOVE photography. I've been doing 35mm and just started experimenting with medium-format. Photography is a serious bank-account draining addiction so now I do more window-shopping for m/u than actually buying!!
But, it's always great to spend time in chatrooms finding out what's worth spending money on.

Take care!

 
Joined
Apr 18, 2004
Messages
572
Reaction score
0
Welcome Kitty, glad to have you here. If Ya need any help with hair I'm the chick to ask. Glad you are now added to this great family.

 
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
796
Reaction score
0
Welcome KittySkyfish!

I'm Julia, moderator for the Skincare and Health & Fitness boards, as well as Editor-in-Chief for the newsletter that goes out every few weeks here at MuT!

We're glad to have you on board! If there's anything you need, feel free to ask!


~Julia

 
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
1,124
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Looks like this could be a fun site! Here's some stuff about me:
I love high-end cosmetics and skincare, though I won't begrudge some drugstore stuff. My favorite m/u lines are YSL, Laura Mercier, Awake and NARS and skincare is a mix of Awake and some Philosophy (their scrubs are awsome!).

I also LOVE photography. I've been doing 35mm and just started experimenting with medium-format. Photography is a serious bank-account draining addiction so now I do more window-shopping for m/u than actually buying!!
But, it's always great to spend time in chatrooms finding out what's worth spending money on.

Take care!

Hi KittySskyfish..Happy to have you..If you're worried about bank account drain,you'll have to check out our swap section..Great way to try those highend goodies without breaking the bank..Hope to check out some of your photography work also
 
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
22,667
Reaction score
441
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
Hey YOU! Welcome to MakeupTalk! We have been here since last Sept and here we are!

HOpe you can enjoy all aspect of our site. Make sure you check out the Product Review Center and the Swap Center too~!

Take CARE





Originally Posted by KittySkyfish

Looks like this could be a fun site! Here's some stuff about me:
I love high-end cosmetics and skincare, though I won't begrudge some drugstore stuff. My favorite m/u lines are YSL, Laura Mercier, Awake and NARS and skincare is a mix of Awake and some Philosophy (their scrubs are awsome!).

I also LOVE photography. I've been doing 35mm and just started experimenting with medium-format. Photography is a serious bank-account draining addiction so now I do more window-shopping for m/u than actually buying!!
But, it's always great to spend time in chatrooms finding out what's worth spending money on.

Take care!





 

Geek2

Administrator
Admin
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
11,114
Reaction score
4,213
Warm welcome to Makeuptalk! Photographing sound like fun! I do lots of window shopping for makeup too. I love to surf online and look at different makeup.

 
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
10,943
Reaction score
0
Hiya, so where did the username come from?? Where you from? I'm from Ireland so its 3.30pm here.. Is it still early where you are??

 
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
1,649
Reaction score
0
D'oh! Yeah, I shoulda explained the name. It's my female Siamese cat's name. I also have a male orange tabby boy named Minky Boodle, but I don't think "boodle" has the same panache as "skyfish". Kitty Skyfish just jumped up on my lap as I type!

 
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
10,943
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by KittySkyfish D'oh! Yeah, I shoulda explained the name. It's my female Siamese cat's name. I also have a male orange tabby boy named Minky Boodle, but I don't think "boodle" has the same panache as "skyfish". Kitty Skyfish just jumped up on my lap as I type! LOL!! Cute name.. So girlie, are you a make up junkie too?? What are your fave brands?
 
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
1,649
Reaction score
0
Oh, I'm a horrible junkie! I'm enrolled in a 12-step application, I mean recovery program, lol! I love a lot of lines for different reasons, but my mainstay lines are YSL, Awake, Laura Mericer and NARS. I do occasional freelance m/a work for YSL and Awake, and I started freelancing for them because I've been a longtime customer from those lines.

My weaknesses are shadows and blushes! I love to wear bronze, rose, olive and purple e/s shades, though believe me it's very subtle. I'm very fair and tone down my look so it won't overpower my pale skin.

I love neutral lips, though I also do a lot of caramel toned lips (like Chanel Zanzibar). My skintone is more warm so I can pull this off.


How about you? I see you like MAC! OH, and congrats for doing the 10,000th post!

 
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
10,943
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Oh, I'm a horrible junkie! I'm enrolled in a 12-step application, I mean recovery program, lol! I love a lot of lines for different reasons, but my mainstay lines are YSL, Awake, Laura Mericer and NARS. I do occasional freelance m/a work for YSL and Awake, and I started freelancing for them because I've been a longtime customer from those lines.
My weaknesses are shadows and blushes! I love to wear bronze, rose, olive and purple e/s shades, though believe me it's very subtle. I'm very fair and tone down my look so it won't overpower my pale skin.

I love neutral lips, though I also do a lot of caramel toned lips (like Chanel Zanzibar). My skintone is more warm so I can pull this off.


How about you? I see you like MAC! OH, and congrats for doing the 10,000th post!

Ive only become a junkie in the last year. I LOVE MAC & Shu e/s (although at the mo i only own 1 shu e/s!!) Love blushes too but my craze at the mo is eyeliners.. I'm just loving them! I use YSL Mascara every day (Volume Effet Faux Cils is my HG mascara!). Unfortunately i dont have access to Nars, but i think i'll get something from that collection with my prize!! Any recommendations??
 
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
22,667
Reaction score
441
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
Kittysky! You rock! So funny LOL





Originally Posted by KittySkyfish

D'oh! Yeah, I shoulda explained the name. It's my female Siamese cat's name. I also have a male orange tabby boy named Minky Boodle, but I don't think "boodle" has the same panache as "skyfish". Kitty Skyfish just jumped up on my lap as I type!



 
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
1,649
Reaction score
0
Cool! Nars has great blushes and lip lacquers. Of course, the most popular Nars blush in existence is Orgasm, but I really recommend Deep Throat as well. DT is a bit more peachier than Orgasm, but both are closely related in color value. And Lovejoy is a neutral-bronze with some rose undertone shade that would be great for summer. My favorite lacquer is Eros, which is a YLBB rose shade. Not bright or deep, it's super easy to wear. I see you love liners, well DON'T get their liquid liner. Feh. They come in great colors but don't have the coverage a good liquid liner should have.

Originally Posted by laura127 Ive only become a junkie in the last year. I LOVE MAC & Shu e/s (although at the mo i only own 1 shu e/s!!) Love blushes too but my craze at the mo is eyeliners.. I'm just loving them! I use YSL Mascara every day (Volume Effet Faux Cils is my HG mascara!). Unfortunately i dont have access to Nars, but i think i'll get something from that collection with my prize!! Any recommendations??
 
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
10,943
Reaction score
0
Cool, thanks for the recs.. Im thinking of getting Torrid. Somebody mentioned recently that it would suit me. Hey and thanks for telling me about the liners coz i prob would have spent the GC on that!!!

 
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
1,649
Reaction score
0
I have Torrid and it's a bit too orange for my normal routine. I'm an NC15, if that helps. But, I think Torrid is good for summer because of it's bright tone.

 
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
10,943
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by KittySkyfish I have Torrid and it's a bit too orange for my normal routine. I'm an NC15, if that helps. But, I think Torrid is good for summer because of it's bright tone. I dont know if im an NC or NW (dont know which is which!) coz i dont use MAC foundation but somebody told me that i'd be around a 30/35.. and i'm warm toned.. Have you ever used Stila CC for cheeks??
 
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
1,649
Reaction score
0
The NW stands for (Cool based, to cancel out Warm) and the NC is (Warm based, to cancel out Cool). Such a bizarre system, but it makes sense from an artist's perspective.

So, if your skintone is warm in nature, you'd compliment your skintone by wearing an NC base. If you wanted to neutralize the warmth and make it more rosy, then go with NW.

I have several Stila CCs: Lillium, Gerbera and Gladiola. Lillium and Gerbera are more opaque: Lillium is a more neutral pink and Gerbera is a very warm pink. Gladiola is definitely on the orange side! Lillium would be a good 1st choice since it's not too warm or cool.

[i need to rephrase: Gladiola is about as opaque as Lillium and Gerbera, but it's not as pale..if that makes sense. The first two have more white in their basetone, which makes the color brighter.]

 

Latest posts

Top