How do your store all your Julep polishes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by keepcalmcarryon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Before becoming a maven I didn't have many nail polishes at all, and now I have a TON! I've been thinking about trying to construct some sort of rack for them (right now they live in a locked cabinet that my toddler still somehow manages to find her way into) but I'm not sure if I could pull it off.

How do you ladies store your (probably many, haha) Julep bottles?
A friend of mine actually made a rack for her polish.  Non-Julep, but would work for Julep Bottles.  This was before it was 100% complete, but it gives you an idea.  She said it was easy to make.  It cost about $15.00 (tape, glue gun and (4) foam boards from Michael's).

Mine are in a big Julep box that I got recently. Along with my China Glaze collection and a few random polishes I had no room for in other boxes/containers. 

I have three of these carts, one for make up, one for polish and one for hair and skin. I have over 250 polishes and they get too heavy for the draws. All my julep are in one of the bigger draws and I still have space but am afraid the draw will drop on top of my china glaze and OPIs.

Quote: Originally Posted by DivaSaurusRex /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Julep is like a gateway drug. You figured that getting some free nail polishes wouldn't hurt and before you know it you have hundreds of theme from monthly boxes and addons and upgrades and sales and gifts with purchases.
Seriously. I'm at less than 100 bottles, but I've spent literally hundreds of dollars on Julep. Before subscribing to Julep, I'd probably spent less than $30 on nail polish in my entire life.

These wall racks are so beautiful, but for me the best option might be getting a Helmer. I'm going to be moving in with my boyfriend into an apartment this summer and we live in California! So I don't want to destroy the apartment walls, the boyfriend probably doesn't need a constant reminder of how much polish I buy, and hello, earthquakes! I don't even want to think about the mess there would be if there was an earthquake and all that polish came tumbling down... 
icon_eek.gif

These wall racks are so beautiful, but for me the best option might be getting a Helmer. I'm going to be moving in with my boyfriend into an apartment this summer and we live in California! So I don't want to destroy the apartment walls, the boyfriend probably doesn't need a constant reminder of how much polish I buy, and hello, earthquakes! I don't even want to think about the mess there would be if there was an earthquake and all that polish came tumbling down... :icon_eek:
I live in California too. Earthquakes (that you feel) are so few and far between, and I've never had one take down any wall treatments. Things can jumble sometimes with stronger ones (even rarer) but never had it take nails out of the wall!

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I live in California too. Earthquakes (that you feel) are so few and far between, and I've never had one take down any wall treatments. Things can jumble sometimes with stronger ones (even rarer) but never had it take nails out of the wall!
Haha yes but I'll be moving to the Bay Area and while yes there have only been small ones recently, but when the big one comes, I do not want to be standing right next to a wall rack full of nail polish in glass bottles when it happens lol!

I purchased this last night on Etsy and can't wait to receive it! Right now my Julep polishes are sitting on my dresser (I currently have 52 polishes) so definitely need a place for storage as I imagine my collection will continue to grow:)

I think I have a problem. I've run out of room, which means I need to buy another rack!

I purchased this^ last night on Etsy and can't wait to receive it! Right now my Julep polishes are sitting on my dresser (I currently have 52 polishes) so definitely need a place for storage as I imagine my collection will continue to grow:)

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Haha yes but I'll be moving to the Bay Area and while yes there have only been small ones recently, but when the big one comes, I do not want to be standing right next to a wall rack full of nail polish in glass bottles when it happens lol!

This is exactly why I have a Helmer, LOL. I remember Loma Prieta, one of my fish went FLYING out of our 40 gallon fish tank through the little hole in the back that was open for the filter tube. Luckily, I was right there and able to throw him back in, LOL.

Anyway, while a rack may not completely come out of the wall when the big one hits (and we are long overdue), a bottle could definitely jump ship and break. 

I was amused that not long after this exchange, La had an earthquake lol. Although a San Diego earthquake scale went around and I think 4.0 was ranked "did the dog fart?" Lmao.

I was amused that not long after this exchange, La had an earthquake lol. Although a San Diego earthquake scale went around and I think 4.0 was ranked "did the dog fart?" Lmao.
Hah yeah I used to live in San Diego and most of the time I never noticed them. 

Quote: Originally Posted by alisong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is exactly why I have a Helmer, LOL. I remember Loma Prieta, one of my fish went FLYING out of our 40 gallon fish tank through the little hole in the back that was open for the filter tube. Luckily, I was right there and able to throw him back in, LOL.

Anyway, while a rack may not completely come out of the wall when the big one hits (and we are long overdue), a bottle could definitely jump ship and break. 
That's crazy! Yes this is my concern, not that the wall rack will fall, but that the polishes will fly out! I'd rather not take the chance. Helmer here I come wait for me at Ikea, I'll be there before I move!

Back