I need your opinions about Bare Escentuals powder

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, girls!

My name is Julia (unfortunatelly, this name was 'taken" by someone already when I tried to register with it , so I "adopted " my

husband`s name:cowboy:! Could you imagine what his reaction would be like if he knew that "he" was surfing the make up site for about a week from now?! :moa:

Well, enough with the lyrics. I really really need your comments on Bare Essential`s loose powders. I mean, are they as good as they are advertisized?

My last loose powder was of Loreal`s translucide num.1 but I`m not completely satisfied with it because I have to reapply it at least several times during the day. I have a combinated (i.e., partly dry and partly oily ), sensitive skin. I also have a fair complexion.

Have a good day and I`m waiting for your replies!

If you mean the BARE ESCENTUALS Foundation. I use fairly light 1.2 and I like it. I have some cheek and nose redness and it covers that rather well. I noticed that if I wipe my nose some does come off on the tissue. To not need to reapply, I got MAC's Prep+prime for Face, which I use under the BE foundation and that keeps the foundation on flawlessly all day- even wiping my stuffy nose! Hope this helps a little.

Anna M.

I love the mineral veil,if this is what you are talking about. You put it on after the foundation to set it.

I think it's great! It looks and feels sheer while still providing great coverage, and it evens out my skintone perfectly. It's also very easy to apply and takes no time at all, so I love using it =).

I have Bare Escentuals foundation (which is in powder form) in Fair and I love it. It gives good cover and I don't have to bother with liquid foundation and powder. My skin feels really soft when I wear it, there's no shine, and it lasts all day. Expensive, but really good quality IMO.

The only drawback for some people (bare escentuals aka BE) is bismuth oxychloride (hope I spelled it right, lol), an ingredient which induces an itchy sensation.

I use medium beige, and I am quite happy with it so far.

there are tons of info in mineral makeuptalk forum, feel free to ask questions there too and you'll get lots of answers!!!

I think Bare Essentuals foundation and minerla veil are both very good. In fact their whole line is great. I use foundation, powder, blush, eyeshadow, lipgloss and have been very pleased with all of it.

I have Bare Escentuals foundation and I LOVE it. I have really sensitive skin so I cant use much but this works great for me.I just got the well rested and O my gosh I love it , u use it if you have dark circles under ur eyes and Let me tell you it works.:7b:

Hello and welcome to MUT! I cannot use any of their products that contain bismuth oxychloride-causes itching. From time to time I have used their Mineral Veil and find it to be OK. It's cornstarch based, translucent and works very well during cold weather.

Welcome Julia! I am sampling different brands of MMU.Bare Escentuals is a good one though.

BE is my main foundation. I've tried three other brands so far; not as great for me. I also have combination skin.

Thank you all for your helpful comments, especially those that relate to the sensitive skin`s reaction to this product. Sorry for misspelling the name of this brand. The truth is, we don`t have this brand over here, so I can`t really 'taste' it. What I`m in fact was more talking about is a mineral veil which I`ve seen on ebay was kind of impressed by its presentation. I need it in order to set my make up (I use Shiceido`s fluid in light ivory) and avoid the shining characteristic to oily skin. If somebody from you have already used this combination, i.e., Shiceido`s fluid with the mineral veil, please, let me know how did it work for you. I just hope this product will preserve its magic qualities in our hot summers as well. I also have a question concerning the colour of this mineral veil::vogel: do they have it only in translucide?

I recently switched back to using Bare Escentials and I love it! I use the medium foundation along with the warmth all over color, and the mineral veil. It's definitely the best mineral makeup I've tried. The only one that doesn't make me look too light.

I use the powder foundation and mineral veil on my chill "but I need makeup" days. Its the next best thing to wearing nothing and I love it.

Girls, thank you. I almost totally convinced that I want to try the mineral veil. I`ve already told my husband that I want to order this product from ebay (the 8th of March is not so far away from now). While browsing for mineral veil, I also found some other tinted powders by the same brand namely, warmth -all -over face colour, glee- all over -the face, soft focus true-color?-- (if I`m not mistaken) and also some other blushes with the interested names such as "true"(which is claimed to fit every woman by making on her a different shape), "fresh"(sounds good) and so on.

What I really need is to add some colour to my face (some touch on cheeks and a bit on the forehead) I have a fair complexion and I`d like to stay "fair" but not too pale. So, I`m more inclined to try either warmth-all-over the face or soft focus true face colour. Since all I have is just the names of these products and some vague ebay image of these, I`m counting on your help.

Please, keep in mind that I`m brunete with brown eyes and fair complexion

Latest posts

Back