Inexpensive Beauty Products That Get the Job Done

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by sylphiel Bumping this thread up to add that Prestige makes a near exact match for the Orgasm gloss - same thickness and stickiness and same color, at least on me. It's called Alloy, and it looks really frosty gold-pink in the tube, but turns the same shade as the Orgasm gloss on my lips, and is really thick and sticky just like the NARS.
The only downside is the smell: it smells like baby powder, which isn't the most pleasant thing on one's lips. If you can tolerate it, though, or try not to smell it much til the scent fades, it looks and wears the same as the O gloss.
smile.gif

Awesome! Have to check this out!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Very interesting article....why pay more, when you don't have too !!!!!!

Originally Posted by helethea

great thread!!
icon_razz.gif
my contribution:
Big Bucks: Shiseldo The Make Up lipstick in P8

Budget: Missha Crazy Pink

It looked kinda dark and dull with mauve tone. But upon application, its a lovely medium warm pink. U can read the reviews of Shiseido P8 lipstick in MUA and get the idea of hows the Missha lipstick look like (Both of them have exactly the same color on lips). its texture is creamy n Good for super sensitive lips too.

Big Bucks: Sofina's/ RMK's Foundation

Budget: Missha Deep Sea Foundation

It has 12.5% deepsea water for less than S$12. This is lightweight, and coverage similar to the range of Sofina's/ RMK's. Smooth application, and doesnt dry out the skin. Gives a nice finish when topped with loose powder.

Big Bucks: Shu Uemera Eye Shadow

Budget: Majolica Majorca by Shiseldo

Cost about S$9. Shu is about S$29. savings of S$20! MM e/s are high pigmented so they can last for a long time like Shu e/s. some great colors there. and theres this particular substitute for Shu ME945 called SV821, only lighter in shade abit.SV 830 is a shimmery silver, like MAC's Electra but a bit lighter. the fav metallic picks from this brand is BL724, GR129, SV821, SV830, GR185, BE286.

Big Bucks: Departmental facial wipes

Budget: Babywipes. Some fav are Pigeon, Huggies.

Cheap & best of all, no fragrance or alcohol!

Big Bucks: Departmental exfoliators

Budget:Baking Soda

U dont have to worry about other chemicals they put in the mixture. baking soda is also finer. hence less likely to enlarge pores on face! good news for sensitive skin.

Hey, Welcome to MakeupTalk!

Hi helethea and welcome to MuT! I'm Jess from Hawaii. Thanks for the great tips! Have a great time here!

great tips helethea and WELCOME!!

I recently started using baby wipes too to take off my makeup. they´re so much cheaper so I just use two seperate ones for my face and eye makeup. my makeup remover has been petty much unused since...

Back