Ipsy August 2016 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not thrilled with my bag this month although the bag itself is pretty - much better than that 80s-esque graffiti monstrosity. I'm getting the Tarte Lash Paint, the diamond powder in light, the Ciate paint pot (hopefully not the oxblood color it shows!), the Jersey Shore lip balm and some sort of olive anti-aging moisturizer. Despite reviewing my bags and updating my profile to show that I have zero interest in nail polish and lip balm, I seem to get one or the other every month. And both this month! As well as some no-name moisturizer. I really wanted the liquid lipstick and the Gimme Brow. Sigh.

I'm actually somewhat excited for my bag this month

Pacifica bronzer-We'll see how dark it is, it'll probably be too much for me.

Winky Lux diamond complexion powder-Excited to try!

IT Cosmetics eyeliner- I may be the minority but I like getting black eyeliners!

Ciate Polish-We'll see which color I get I'm hoping for the darker one.

IT Hair Care 12 in one Serum-I don't use hair serums this is the only thing I know I won't like.

Got my bag today and I'm seriously so happy with it. The Rodial liner is awesome! The Lord & Berry lip pencil is SUPER soft/buttery/smooth and gorgeous. The Nyx highlighter I got the shade Gleam and it's really pretty (FYI I'm super pale and it looks really pretty, like pearly-pink. I already own sunbeam and I love both of these. Applied with a damp beauty blender, they look gorgeous)! I love the smell of the face polish and can't wait to try it tonight and the Secret Garden face masks packaging is super cute!

I got my bag today and decided to just cancel my subscription. I've been thinking about getting rid of a few subs, and I'm kind of over Ipsy. I think the $10 Sephora box is better right now anyway.

Overall I'm happy with my bag, I'm getting:

Jersey Shore Cosmetics Mongongo Lip Conditioner in Vanilla Coconut Crème
Tarte Cosmetcis deluxe LipSurgence lip crème in Wonder
Symphony Beauty Makeup Cleansing wipes
Clate London Paint Pot ( In Dangerous Affair or Spinning Teacups)
Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics Neapolitan Palette 

If I get the nail polish in Spinning Teacups I will look to trade, that color will just not work for me!
Well I got my bag and of course I got the shade of nail polish that I hate, Spinning Teacups. I was so hoping to get Dangerous Affair. I just can't pull off this shade. Oh well, I like the rest of my bag, so I'll just be happy with what I got  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Im just the opposite I love toned down and neutral lipsticks. And I agree lip butters never seem to run out lol I got a neutrogena lip butter from a Walmart beauty box that I used religiously everyday and one day I left it in my hot car (big mistake!) So I sorta just left it there for about 2 weeks baking in the hot sun everyday. 
Confused as to why you copy and pasted part of what I said earlier in this thread ??  Are you trying to raise your post count or something?? strange..

Confused as to why you copy and pasted part of what I said earlier in this thread ??  Are you trying to raise your post count or something?? strange..
I hid her post because it made no sense to copy and paste part of your original post, maybe she didn't mean to but she could have made that clear. Plus it seemed kind of spammy.

I got my bag today.

Here's some pictures of my bag, samples and swatches:

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_1728.JPG

The Ofra highlighter is really pigmented and super shiny, only takes a light touch.

The gel liner is really soft and it stays on pretty well after rubbing, I like it more than I thought I would.

The complexion booster baffles me. It's really dark in the tube. I rubbed it in right next to the blob on my hand and even I think it's dark, like really dark. It works on me because I have a tan and I'm part Italian. But anyone with a fair complexion I fear is going to make them look "dirty" and not in a ooh hey I just applied bronzer way. In like a 'uh did you rub mud on your face' kinda look.

This product is kinda like a combo primer/highligher. It kinda annoys me that I have two products with shimmer or glitter in them and the complexion booster. Ipsy thinks this is a "serum" according to their reviews. Ugh no it's more like a tinted highlighter/primer. I'll probably use it this week since I have a tan from the beach this past weekend but after my tan fades I can't see using something like this regularly.  

I also got a sheet mask and the red polish. Either shade polish works for me, the red is a nice fall color but I might try to get the lavender color as well. The bag seems pretty popular so I might try to swap it. 

Still no bag yet! Has anyone else found this month to be more late than usual?
I just got my bag today. It always seems to take longer for my bag to get to me if I redeemed my points for something. Did you redeem points for anything?  

I just opened my Hourglass Foundation Stick that I redeemed for a 1000 points and it's broken and melted into the top part of the lid! I can't even get the top back on without making a mess! I've already contacted Ipsy Care about it. (Intense sobbing continues)  :scared:

I tend to get my bag around the 18th, but they ship it out on the 9th or so. For some reason it takes about 2 days to get to my state, but then it sits around for about 5 days more until they deliver it. And I live in the middle of the U.S. I wonder if people in california have to wait even longer. Id love to be one of those people like on youtube who get their bags like the next day after shipping :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />(( im completely impatient. I cant even restrain myself from knowing what items are in my bag. I NEED TO KNOW lol

Last edited by a moderator:
My bag was supposed to have shipped on 08/05/2016 w/ a delivery date of 08/11/2016.  It never got picked up and no one seems to know where the damn thing is.  It had an extra item in the package because I redeemed points for a shower gel.  It was a pretty good bag on top of that.  And now I can't seem to get anyone at IPSY Care to reply.  Either resend my fricking bag or refund my money!  Sorry for the ugly rant!

The bags were really cute this month!  I got:

1. IT Cosmetics eyeliner (fine, but I already have the full size)

2. Winky Lux foundation - kind of cool, but small size

3. Neogen Code 9 - kind of meh for me

4. Ciate Paint Pot - yay!  I got the burgundy/oxblood color and would have preferred the light purple, but I still like it

5. Marc Anthony Argan Oil hair masque - meh, I already have a ton of hair masques

So all my items showed up today after traveling I have no idea where. The bag was a little worn but all items were in good shape. The Nomad eye color is really nice and I got the Ciate Spinning Teacups color. Was hoping for the burgundy but this will work. Also my bag has the princess with green hair. Cute bag!

My bag showed up this morning!  The bag itself is much cuter than I thought it would be, and all the product sizes are good.

I also got the Hourglass Seamless Foundation Stick with my points, and I had NO IDEA that it would be the full size!  That was such a pleasant surprise!

I just opened my Hourglass Foundation Stick that I redeemed for a 1000 points and it's broken and melted into the top part of the lid! I can't even get the top back on without making a mess! I've already contacted Ipsy Care about it. (Intense sobbing continues) :scared:
Noooooooo! I hope they send a replacement!

Noooooooo! I hope they send a replacement!
The replacement is on it's way! I'm happy because I think the shade I redeemed for was sold out. I didn't think they were going to be able to send me a new one. They were very friendly and easy to deal with! I'm hoping this one arrives alright. The foundation is very creamy and with the insanely hot heat lately I worry that it's going to arrive a hot mess again. Honestly I would have maybe attempted to fix it but I wasn't really sure how to put Humpty Dumpty back together again with the weird triangle tube. 

My bag showed up this morning!  The bag itself is much cuter than I thought it would be, and all the product sizes are good.

I also got the Hourglass Seamless Foundation Stick with my points, and I had NO IDEA that it would be the full size!  That was such a pleasant surprise!
Did your foundation arrive intact? Also do you live in a warm area of the country? I'm wondering if I just got a broken stick or if my geographical location caused the problem. 

Did your foundation arrive intact? Also do you live in a warm area of the country? I'm wondering if I just got a broken stick or if my geographical location caused the problem. 
Mine did arrive intact, but I'm in PA, so it's warm, but not hot, and I was lucky enough to be home when the bag arrived, so it was only in the mailbox for a few minutes.

I hope that your replacement arrives in better shape!

Back