Julep July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got two pixie dusts here for a trade or giveaway. Click on my trade list below
Drat sorry this should be deleted bec I'm on mobile and didn't realize that it wasn't on PM format. My bad. So sorry enjoy.

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got two pixie dusts here for a trade or giveaway. Click on my trade list below
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong (I'm still fairly new to MUT), but I can't find any clickable link to your trade list. 

Which Pixie Dusts do you have to trade?  (I hope I'm not violating MUT policy by asking this question in an open forum, but if I am, please school me gently!)  I do have some Julep dupes that you might be interested in.  But I've also got a number of Pixie Dusts on order, which might be the same ones you're looking to trade. 

Again, apologies to all if this is an inappropriate post.

Originally Posted by jessrose18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i just got a zoya ship notice today...i had the two free with liberty order from 4th of july week.  tried out monica tonight i like it!  if anybody doesnt want their monica i have several i can trade for :  sally, charlotte, carrie, martha, and niecy all never used, just unwrapped and swatched on color wheel.

I really like all the colours you got! 

Originally Posted by greatbleuheron /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One of my non-shipped orders is the Liberty with two free offer; I'm glad yours has shipped but sad that mine hasn't!  I guess I should just take this as an encouraging sign that it might happen soon for me.
I finally got the notice that mine have shipped!  Really looking forward to trying them out!

Wearing Adele over Kennedy this week.  Kennedy was not the best formula, Adele is all that and a piece of cake
smile.gif

Originally Posted by acostakk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My OCD side is squealing and making grabby hands right now
Mine is too. I think I have to have a Helmer! Where did you get the swatches on a ring? And how did you make the labels? Do the numbers mean anything to you or is it individual to the brand being swatched?

I got my Day + Night mystery box yesterday, version 1. I hate to admit I was a tad disappointed after seeing the huge boxes some lucky ladies got, but on the plus side it is still great value for money and all the colours I got are very wearable and I like them better IRL than in the swatches, so Yay!

I'm kind of bummed-- After seeing a couple of the mystery boxes on here that I had zero dupes of, I decided to take the plunge and get one. Of course I got it today, and 3 of the 7 polishes are dupes for me. boo!

Anyway I got the Summertime Big Box Version 5 with: Monica, Kyla, Amy, Audrey, Myrtle, Anne, and Susie. Along with the Double ended face brush, eyelash curler, and toe separators!

Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine is too. I think I have to have a Helmer! Where did you get the swatches on a ring? And how did you make the labels? Do the numbers mean anything to you or is it individual to the brand being swatched?
Did anybody ever answer this?

Originally Posted by autopilot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my Day + Night mystery box yesterday, version 1. I hate to admit I was a tad disappointed after seeing the huge boxes some lucky ladies got, but on the plus side it is still great value for money and all the colours I got are very wearable and I like them better IRL than in the swatches, so Yay!
Aren't Kyla and Monica gorgeous? I have put off a new manicure for two days. Had to do an oxygen sleep study two nights ago and could not have fingernail polish on the nail that wears the little finger dooey... so I put off my manicure a day and then today has just been horrendous as far as everything that could go wrong has!

I don't think so, but I think I can provide some guesses...

I know a lot of girls find those swatch sticks at beauty supply stores and ebay. Ebay seems to be the most economical/cheapest, but they usually come from China so shipping requires patience. Those labels look like they're printed on adhesive paper or regular paper then taped on - I've seen girls just write on the sticks with sharpies too, but the printed labels definitely look nicer. My guess would be that she just numbers them in the order she gets them? That way each polish has a unique number. Judging from the labels on the sticks, I'm going to also guess that she has a digital inventory somewhere with her polishes =)

Placed this order today:   Items Ordered Product Name SKU Price Qty Subtotal Order Status processing Subtotal $53.58
Shipping & Handling $0.00
Discount (SMS7DKG) -$26.80
Gift Card (0Y2LT9EUA5B7) -$13.99
Grand Total
$12.79
Paris 06-01-00081 $9.99
Ordered: 1
$9.99
Fireworks 06-01-00279 $9.99
$9.99
Blakely 06-01-00018 $11.20
$11.20
Billie Jean 06-01-00016 $11.20
$11.20
Adele 06-01-00002 $11.20
$11.20

Originally Posted by kira685 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know a lot of girls find those swatch sticks at beauty supply stores and ebay. Ebay seems to be the most economical/cheapest, but they usually come from China so shipping requires patience. Those labels look like they're printed on adhesive paper or regular paper then taped on - I've seen girls just write on the sticks with sharpies too, but the printed labels definitely look nicer. My guess would be that she just numbers them in the order she gets them? That way each polish has a unique number. Judging from the labels on the sticks, I'm going to also guess that she has a digital inventory somewhere with her polishes =)
Thanks, kira685! Seems pretty complicated for my collection so far. So maybe not just YET! LOL!

Has everyone worn all of the colors you received in July already??? Tell us what looked best on you!

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Placed this order today:   Items Ordered Product Name SKU Price Qty Subtotal Order Status processing Subtotal $53.58
Grand Total
$12.79
Paris 06-01-00081 $9.99
$9.99
$9.99
$11.20
$11.20
Adele 06-01-00002 $11.20
$11.20
WHAT?! i need that discount code!! and a gift card! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyandBooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Then I've swatched each polish on a swatch stick and labeled each with the brand, color and number I put on the polish lid. This makes it SUPER easy to find colors and compare!

LOVE MY HELMER!!
wink.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

She answered about the numbers in her original post. 
smile.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To add to this, I get my sticks from an Amazon seller located in the US. I don't have the patience to wait for international shipping. They come with a long screw thingy that you can put them on but many of us prefer to use binder rings because it makes it easier to add new swatch sticks as we acquire new polishes. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

For labels, I use file folder labels cut in half lengthwise. I just write the polish brand/name on them with my lovely Birchbox pen. 
wink.gif

The labels used by the OP look like they may have been made using a label maker. 
smilehappyyes.gif

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

She answered about the numbers in her original post. 
smile.gif

To add to this, I get my sticks from an Amazon seller located in the US. I don't have the patience to wait for international shipping. They come with a long screw thingy that you can put them on but many of us prefer to use binder rings because it makes it easier to add new swatch sticks as we acquire new polishes. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

For labels, I use file folder labels cut in half lengthwise. I just write the polish brand/name on them with my lovely Birchbox pen. 
wink.gif

The labels used by the OP look like they may have been made using a label maker. 
smilehappyyes.gif
Thanks! I guess I should have gone back and found the original post instead of responding to a reply.

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Grand Total
$12.79
Adele 06-01-00002 $11.20
$11.20
$11.20
$11.20
$9.99
Paris 06-01-00081 $9.99
$9.99

WHAT?! i need that discount code!! and a gift card! lol

Lol it was the 50% off code from texting them. I thought it just worked for one polish but I was surprised it worked on all of them.

Back