Lipliner or not?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the lip gloss on you. It defines your lips and makes them look full and pouty! I am jealous!

I think you look good with lipliner. Just make sure that you find a shade that matches your lips as close as you can. That way you can wear it with any lip color. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use a clear lipliner by Sally Hansen. It can be used with any color lipstick or gloss. I purchase it at CVS. This "holds" the product in place.

I like using lipliner when I have more time for makeup. I apply a coat of lipbalm and let it sink in while applying the rest of my makeup. Then I blot it off and line my lips with a neutral lipliner, smudging the color a little with my finger. After that I apply lipgloss or lipstick. This way it enhances my lip shape, but in a very subtle way.

You don't need a liner for every colour though. I find a neutral beige and a neutral pink will work with most shades. Beige for nude, coffee, bronze and coral, pink for pinks, mauves and berry tones like raspberry and plum, either with translucent glosses as long as they're blended in and don't look too sharp. Two liners and you're covered for 90% of looks.

The only shades you need a matching liner for are the most dramatic like true reds and deep purples, and you really NEED a liner with those as they only work if the lip line is quite graphic.

Latest posts

Back