Quantcast

Looking for a Jasmine scent w/Musky undertones

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
1,124
Reaction score
0
If anyone is familar with Alyssa Ashley's French Garden line from a few years ago,the made a Jasmine scent that was heavy on the musk drydown..I loved this stuff but sadly it's discontinued..Anyone know of anything remotely similar??

 
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
193
Reaction score
0
I can get hold of Alyssa Ashley here and i just found the web site, but i cant see the one you mentioned . Body shop do a nice Jasmine perfume oil.

 
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
1,124
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by donnamaryuk I can get hold of Alyssa Ashley here and i just found the web site, but i cant see the one you mentioned . Body shop do a nice Jasmine perfume oil. I didn't see it on the site either..But It was around for a year or 2 they.The line was called French Garden Flowers and they put out Jasmine,lilac,Rose and I think 2 others but I can't remember..I still have a bottle but it's turned so I can't use it
 
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
1,124
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by donnamaryuk I can get hold of Alyssa Ashley here and i just found the web site, but i cant see the one you mentioned . Body shop do a nice Jasmine perfume oil. Meant to ask also..there's a Body Shop in the UK??Would you mind looking for something for me??The Body shop here in the states used to carry a perfumed oil at the scent bar called Chypre..I would kill or die for another little bottle of this oil but they've stopped making it here
 
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
193
Reaction score
0
Yes i will, by the way, could this have been Coty healing garden sensual jasmine ? They do Lavender and Gardenia in the range too and it has a little pink bow around it. Sorry i cant post pics, im clueless with computers !

 
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
1,124
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by donnamaryuk Yes i will, by the way, could this have been Coty healing garden sensual jasmine ?They do Lavender and Gardenia in the range too and it has a little pink bow around it.

Sorry i cant post pics, im clueless with computers !

No,It was definitely by Alyssa Ashley as I still have the bottle
 
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
193
Reaction score
0
Well i will definately have a sniff around for you , im going into the city tomorrow so will take a mooch around.

 
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
1,992
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by allisong If anyone is familar with Alyssa Ashley's French Garden line from a few years ago,the made a Jasmine scent that was heavy on the musk drydown..I loved this stuff but sadly it's discontinued..Anyone know of anything remotely similar?? Hi Alli,I loved the Ashley musk too. The closest I've found (and it has a beautiful scent that ROCKS) is Jovan musk for women. It is NOT the white musk (that one does not smell good- don't pick it up). Just go to any drugstore and and spray some on your wrist. It's nearly impossible to put too much on. This stuff should be high end- it's that heavenly. It's the one that looks like this:

http://store1.yimg.com/I/theperfumespot_1809_12749194

P.S. I have a Body Shop down the street from me if you ever want anything.

 
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
1,124
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Californian Hi Alli,I loved the Ashley musk too. The closest I've found (and it has a beautiful scent that ROCKS) is Jovan musk for women. It is NOT the white musk (that one does not smell good- don't pick it up). Just go to any drugstore and and spray some on your wrist. It's nearly impossible to put too much on. This stuff should be high end- it's that heavenly. It's the one that looks like this:

http://store1.yimg.com/I/theperfumespot_1809_12749194

P.S. I have a Body Shop down the street from me if you ever want anything.

Hey Cali..I actually use both Jovan Musks..the regular and the White(got this on today) they scent I am seeking is a Jasmine with a really musky drydown..Thanks for your help though
 
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
713
Reaction score
2
Hey girl!

You could always layer a jasmine and a musk. I can send you a beautiful jasmine sample to try if you like, lmk


Originally Posted by allisong If anyone is familar with Alyssa Ashley's French Garden line from a few years ago,the made a Jasmine scent that was heavy on the musk drydown..I loved this stuff but sadly it's discontinued..Anyone know of anything remotely similar??
 
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
1,124
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Tinydancer Hey girl! You could always layer a jasmine and a musk. I can send you a beautiful jasmine sample to try if you like, lmk


You know,I've never thought of layering(Duh)Is the jasmine scentyou have an oil??
 
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
713
Reaction score
2
No, its Chanel Gardenia, a perfect jasmine imo. Originally Posted by allisong You know,I've never thought of layering(Duh)Is the jasmine scentyou have an oil??
 
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
1,124
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Tinydancer No, its Chanel Gardenia, a perfect jasmine imo. **scratching head with glazed eyes** So Chanel Gardenia is a Jasmine scent?!? Chanel play bad tricksies on poor Ali
 
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
713
Reaction score
2
hehe, thats what I said to the woman at the counter, I didn't think she was right but then I had it confirmed at a perfume site. Who knew! Originally Posted by allisong **scratching head with glazed eyes** So Chanel Gardenia is a Jasmine scent?!? Chanel play bad tricksies on poor Ali
 
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
644
Reaction score
0
I really hate it when companies quit making a much loved product, I remember Jovan used to make "Night Blooming Jasmine", it smelled so good and was really popular when I was a teenager (not even going to go into how long ago that was ). The only place I see it available now is on ebay.
 
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
1,649
Reaction score
0
Hmmm! I'm not a big Jasmine fan but Aedes de Venustas has some great fragrances. Maybe you can do a sampler order to find some obscure but awsome scent? http://www.aedes.com/home.php

How about:

Serge Lutens - A La Nuit: This exhilarating fragrance is composed of maroccan, indian and egyptian jasmine, irresistibly oriental white honey, benzoin and musk. The perfume breathes and expresses freshness, sensuality and splendour.

Calypso - Jasmin: Calypso's fragrances are made in the old tradition of french perfumery in Grasse, France. Jasmin is a sweet and sensual scent ideal for women who love the bold smell of white flowers reminding them of a trip to Morocco. Pure Egyptian Jasmine!

This is a real stretch from what you're describing, but maybe you'll want a sample anyhow...

Parfums de Nicolai - Sacre Bleu!: An oriental, floral scent of raspberry, apricot and blackcurrant, blended with rare jasmine, cinnamon and clove.

http://www.aedes.com/samples.php

 
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
1,124
Reaction score
0
Hi Impish..Yes,I've tried layering various jasmine&musk scents but have not been able to even come close to the scent I'm looking for

Originally Posted by Impish One Hi,That sounds really pretty!

I have never smelled it, but maybe you could make your own perfume by mixing jasmine fragrance oil with musk oil?



 

Latest posts

Top