Luggage

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
what kind do you use?

i was looking at guess? ones, but i didn't find a color i like, so i'm thinking one of diane vonfurstenburg's. it's sooo cheap at tj maxx ($70), too! isn't she a big-name designer?

anyway, i think i'll get that one, but was curious what you all use and like.

omg omg go get me one if you get one!! i need luggage!! wanna do a raok?!
smile.gif

Yeppers, she's a major name... I don't travel a lot, so I just have a small bag (kinda like a duffel bag) for whenever we go somewhere...

My big suitcase is Diane Von Furstenberg, and I bought it at Loehmann's (nice bag, but it's the sueded fabric, so it's hard to keep clean). My carry-on is Atlantis, it's really durable (but then again, it doesn't have to go through check-in).

I think it depends on how much you travel. I usually just get some cheapo luggage at Wal-Mart or Target since I don't travel a whole lot

I buy whatever it's cheap, they will get all bad after my trips anyway. Last time, they broke one of my bags and the airport is not responsible for that, we bitc6ed so much they took us to a room where they keep a whole bunch of new suitcases and let us choose one.

I think I will buy a nice set of suitcases if I ever decide to fly first clase, that is, if the pigs ever fly, lol

After all of my complaints about business travel, you might know I'd be a luggage expert! The absolute best luggage is Travelpro Crew 5. It's the luggage that flight crews use. It might not be "cute" or designer, but it's also not cool when your cute designer luggage falls apart or gets filthy dirty from the baggage handling equipment.

My mom bought me this pink suede luggage set from Dillard's, it was on sale and I got I think 4 pieces of luggage, they also come with a clear cover to protect your luggage from gross things lol. I believe the brand is Murano, it might be a Dillard's brand because I have never heard of it.

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif what kind do you use?
i was looking at guess? ones, but i didn't find a color i like, so i'm thinking one of diane vonfurstenburg's. it's sooo cheap at tj maxx ($70), too! isn't she a big-name designer?

anyway, i think i'll get that one, but was curious what you all use and like.

Hey I have a DVF luggage set from Marshall's! It was $70 and $60 for each bag. Mine is red and black. Yours??

Originally Posted by geebers /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hey I have a DVF luggage set from Marshall's! It was $70 and $60 for each bag. Mine is red and black. Yours?? mine's just all black! how do you like yours?

Originally Posted by Ilumine /img/forum/go_quote.gif I purchased a matching set by 9 West.You can view it: http://www.ilumine.net/jc/img/06/09/27g.jpg

I love it because it came with stuff for holding shoes (to separate from clothes), and little pockets for the little things like makeup/toiletries.

And the matching bag is perfect for my laptop and many other things.

i like those separate compartments! thanks for the info!

So far I used it to lug stuff around the house LOL - so I can't really tell you if it is sturdy or good. But so far it looks like it is quality. Keep in mind that I have had cheap luggage before this , save one $250 samsonite bag that is too big now for the plane. So I am comparing it to the cheaper ones - and it seems like it will do better.

Originally Posted by geebers /img/forum/go_quote.gif So far I used it to lug stuff around the house LOL - so I can't really tell you if it is sturdy or good. But so far it looks like it is quality. Keep in mind that I have had cheap luggage before this , save one $250 samsonite bag that is too big now for the plane. So I am comparing it to the cheaper ones - and it seems like it will do better. thanks! i took another look tonight at tj maxx and i think i'm gonna get it.

Originally Posted by spazbaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif After all of my complaints about business travel, you might know I'd be a luggage expert! The absolute best luggage is Travelpro Crew 5. It's the luggage that flight crews use. It might not be "cute" or designer, but it's also not cool when your cute designer luggage falls apart or gets filthy dirty from the baggage handling equipment. I couldn't agree more! And thanks for the tip about the travelpro, Nikki..

When I didn't travel a lot, or when I go weekend-ing the cheepies are fine. I have one from Wal-Mart called the *California pak* and it has held up pretty good, considering how inexpensive it was. The best ones I've honestly had though are Samsonite, Samsonite, and Samsonite. I wonder where you can get any Samsonites as a bargain deal, though..?? Because they cost a lot...I only have oneleft, after 20 something years...LOL

i'm glad you mentioned there is luggage at tjmaxx, i've never been there but was thinking of doing a cross border trip to ross and tjmaxx pretty quick here and the fiancee wants me to get a new suitcase before mexico next year...

You see, I am running with the light blue tapestry look stuff (ok, now "grandma-like") that came out early 80s. Why? it won't die, the stuff still looks brand new and it works, I only use it once or twice a year. I have no problem with it but my fiancee and our friends are SO embaressed by it LOL. they all crack serious jokes especially when it sticks out like a sore thumb amongst all the others on the conveyor belt ... In a way tho I want to keep using my tapestry stuff just to bug them all

LOL @ becka. please get a new one
wink.gif

i ended up getting the DVF one and i love it! when i went down to visit toby last month and we were waiting for it on the belt, he's like, which one's yours? and i said, the cute one.

wink.gif

I have American Tourister, which I bought at Walmart ,and also heard Samsonite is good.

Latest posts

Back