Quantcast

melt & pour soap crafting

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
do any of you guys do melt and pour soaps? id like to start. making soap from scratch scares me, (the lye and all that) and i think id prefer to make translucent soaps. i browsed a book at borders, but it wasnt very in depth. do you have a book you could recommend? what sort of soaps do you make? is it just for fun, or do you do them for gifts or whatnot? something that i find really appealing about soapmaking is that the utensils and bowls will clean right up. that has to be nice. ive done quite a few things with melting beeswax, and its horrible to clean up.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by haloinrverse do any of you guys do melt and pour soaps? id like to start. making soap from scratch scares me, (the lye and all that) and i think id prefer to make translucent soaps. i browsed a book at borders, but it wasnt very in depth. do you have a book you could recommend? what sort of soaps do you make? is it just for fun, or do you do them for gifts or whatnot? something that i find really appealing about soapmaking is that the utensils and bowls will clean right up. that has to be nice. ive done quite a few things with melting beeswax, and its horrible to clean up. Yes,I've done some melt and pour with glycerine(lye free) and super simples..You can get basic instructions at:http://www.pvsoap.com/instructionsformelt.htm Also check out sweetcakes.com for all your supplies..I love their fragranced oils

Reaction score
thanks.
i already have a ton of herbs and essential oils left over from other projects, so now i need to head out and get some base pigments, and fragrance oils.

i checked out several books from the library and they have some cute projects. most of the ones that appealed to me are seasonal (haloween and winter) so i need a project for the summer!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by haloinrverse thanks.
i already have a ton of herbs and essential oils left over from other projects, so now i need to head out and get some base pigments, and fragrance oils.
i checked out several books from the library and they have some cute projects. most of the ones that appealed to me are seasonal (haloween and winter) so i need a project for the summer!

Just an idea..But how about seashell shaped soaps or soaps with little seashell in the middle?

Reaction score
thanks for the ebay tip, bad angel.

seashell sopas sound like a good idea! i think i want to start with rectangular loaves for now, but i was considering getting some molds for individual round and rectangular soaps. embedding seashells would work well with those. is there a problem with a rough item like that poking through when the soap has started to dissolve?

Latest posts