Mental Health - Depression

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Marisol Yeah, I found out last year that my dad got remarried and has a baby girl. For crying out loud, the man is 56 yrs old and he doesn't have a healthy relationship with either one of his daughters. Why bring another kid into the world and mess up their life? gggrrrr that was my reaction, too! when my sister told me we had a "stepbrother", i was like, "greeeat, another life ruined!" the funny thing is is that my mom never asked my dad for child support (for my sister and i), but once my mom found out about the kid, my mom is filing for divorce (she never planned on it) and is gonna bring up the child support in court.

Originally Posted by Marisol I think that a lot of people feel this way. I know that I do. When I try to talk to people about things, they either show indifference or they judge. My mom is the worst one of all. When I try to tell her something personal, she always starts telling me about her woes and things that she is going through and ignores the fact that I was the one that wanted to talk to her. Or, when she does listen to some of what I have to say, she starts judging me and lecturing me on all the things that I have done the wrong way. I think that she forgets that I am 25 yrs old and that I am not a kid anymore. that's the worst. i'm sorry
frown.gif
when i first had a feeling i was depressed, the first thing i thought was about my mom. she's just as weak as i am, if not more, when it comes to things like this. i think that's just as bad as how your mom is. it's like you're stuck in the middle and you REALLY don't know what to do. right?

Originally Posted by Jennifer it's gross what some people do to be "popular". i felt really sad and alone when i started a new school, leaving a school where everyone loved and knew me as someone who wouldn't do what they did. when i came to this school i'm at now 2 years ago, a lot of the kids would talk to me and then we'd get into the drug/drinking topic, and when i told them i did neither, they never spoke to me again! i couldn't believe it.
i can't wait to start college for the reasons you mentioned
smile.gif

I can't imagine switching high schools and trying to get into new cliques and make new friends! How long until you graduate? If you've still got a year or two, just hang in there and maybe you will find someone else who won't do those things either! (Or maybe do something like join a church or something to meet kids from other schools, if you live in a metropolitan area? I lived in a small town where there was only one school per town!)

Originally Posted by girl_geek I can't imagine switching high schools and trying to get into new cliques and make new friends! How long until you graduate? If you've still got a year or two, just hang in there and maybe you will find someone else who won't do those things either! (Or maybe do something like join a church or something to meet kids from other schools, if you live in a metropolitan area? I lived in a small town where there was only one school per town!) i graduate in june
smile.gif
i survived 2 years of this school and honestly, it went by so quickly! i've actually been to 3 different high schools, for the reasons mentioned in my above post(s). all 3 were within 6 months! hard as hell!

Originally Posted by Jennifer that was my reaction, too! when my sister told me we had a "stepbrother", i was like, "greeeat, another life ruined!" the funny thing is is that my mom never asked my dad for child support (for my sister and i), but once my mom found out about the kid, my mom is filing for divorce (she never planned on it) and is gonna bring up the child support in court. my mom and dad are going through a divorce right now. i haven't talked to my dad in alomst 2 months. i used to be a daddy's girl too. my mom says that he has a new gf and has had a new gf for awhile. i try not to take sides cause you know how people say different things.
i don't like talking to any of my family because that's all there is to talk about and it depresses me. i understand people grow apart and people get divorces. but it's just like you never imagine that it would be your parents.

and i haven't talked to my dad in so long because this whole thing about having a gf. it's hard for me to talk about things because i don't know how to say what i want to say, and i get shell shocked and can't say anything. (I think that has to do with the social anxiety stuff). My dad has said that he never cheated on my mom, so if this is true, i don't know what to think about him. that's why i'm scared/don't want to talk to him.

Originally Posted by Jennifer i graduate in june
smile.gif
i survived 2 years of this school and honestly, it went by so quickly! i've actually been to 3 different high schools, for the reasons mentioned in my above post(s). all 3 were within 6 months! hard as hell! dang! i've been in my new city (moved to move in with my bf) for a year now and I haven't made any friends yet. partially because i don't go to school or have a job. i only go to the gym and go shopping. hehe.
even when i was in school, i was just quiet and to myself, so i didn't make any friends. it seemed like everyone had their friends already.

i want to get a job as a MUA, so hopefully i'll make some freinds at work...

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 my mom and dad are going through a divorce right now. i haven't talked to my dad in alomst 2 months. i used to be a daddy's girl too. my mom says that he has a new gf and has had a new gf for awhile. i try not to take sides cause you know how people say different things.
i don't like talking to any of my family because that's all there is to talk about and it depresses me. i understand people grow apart and people get divorces. but it's just like you never imagine that it would be your parents.

and i haven't talked to my dad in so long because this whole thing about having a gf. it's hard for me to talk about things because i don't know how to say what i want to say, and i get shell shocked and can't say anything. (I think that has to do with the social anxiety stuff). My dad has said that he never cheated on my mom, so if this is true, i don't know what to think about him. that's why i'm scared/don't want to talk to him.

I hear ya on that one Liz. Its hard to remain neutral because you love both of your parents and don't want to think that they could do something bad that could ruin your relationship with them. Every time I tried speaking with my dad, we would get into yelling matches. It sucked. I could never talk to him without getting so angry. A while back, I decided to write him a very honest letter to tell him how I felt and I was as honest as I could be. I really put myself out there. I got a letter back saying that when "I changed my attitude to give him a call." I haven't talked to him since.

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 dang! i've been in my new city (moved to move in with my bf) for a year now and I haven't made any friends yet. partially because i don't go to school or have a job. i only go to the gym and go shopping. hehe.
even when i was in school, i was just quiet and to myself, so i didn't make any friends. it seemed like everyone had their friends already.

i want to get a job as a MUA, so hopefully i'll make some freinds at work...

::hugs::
I am sorry that you haven't made any friends in your new city. I am sure that once you start working as an MUA you will meet tons of people. I think that sometimes it is better to have quality in friends than quantity.

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 my mom and dad are going through a divorce right now. i haven't talked to my dad in alomst 2 months. i used to be a daddy's girl too. my mom says that he has a new gf and has had a new gf for awhile. i try not to take sides cause you know how people say different things.

i'm sorry you're going through that
frown.gif
ever since i found out about the other kid, i haven't been able to speak to him, either. every time i know he's coming to see my sister after school, i make sure i walk another way he doesn't know to get home because i just don't know how i'd react. i really don't.
i hope everything works out and i hope you make friends in your new city - GOOD people! marisol's right about quality over quantity
smile.gif

by the way, marisol, you look SO cute in your avatar!

Originally Posted by Jennifer by the way, marisol, you look SO cute in your avatar! Thanks hun. I was looking through some of my pics and decided to change my avatar.

Originally Posted by Naturally For PCOS you might want to look into using a Natural Hormone Cream ... check out www.mercola.com and do a search on PCOS! You'll want to stay away from sugars also (my understanding) ..but he talks alot about PCOS! Thanks Kim. I will have to read that site.
I am actually going to the doctor on Wednesday tp get the results back from my blood test. I hope that everything turns out ok. I know one of the things that the doctor wanted to check was how my hormones were doing and if they were acting wacky, then perhaps that could be why I am feeling depressed.

I just want to thank all of you for sharing your experiences and giving me and all of us on the board advice. I find it really hard to open up to people but I think that you are all great and from the bottom of my heart, I thank you.

Originally Posted by Marisol Thanks Kim. I will have to read that site.
I am actually going to the doctor on Wednesday tp get the results back from my blood test. I hope that everything turns out ok. I know one of the things that the doctor wanted to check was how my hormones were doing and if they were acting wacky, then perhaps that could be why I am feeling depressed.

I just want to thank all of you for sharing your experiences and giving me and all of us on the board advice. I find it really hard to open up to people but I think that you are all great and from the bottom of my heart, I thank you.

i hope everything turns out well. if they don't, you seem like a strong person. you'll get through it
smile.gif

let us know how it turns out! we'll be here to support you
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer i hope everything turns out well. if they don't, you seem like a strong person. you'll get through it
smile.gif

let us know how it turns out! we'll be here to support you
biggrin.gif

Just wanted to let you know that everything went great at the doctor's today. My blood test came back really good. Whoo hoo!!
As far as the depression stuff, I have another doctor's appointment scheduled (with my primary care physician) to talk to her more about it.

Originally Posted by Marisol Just wanted to let you know that everything went great at the doctor's today. My blood test came back really good. Whoo hoo!!
As far as the depression stuff, I have another doctor's appointment scheduled (with my primary care physician) to talk to her more about it.

yay!!!
let us know how it goes with your doc.

Back