MicaBella/MicaBeauty: Questions about their products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a friend of mine who wore a lot of their eyeshadows and foundation for her fashion shows. The eyeshadow looked okay on her, the foundation looked caked on. I loved the way their blue eyeshadow looked on me, but like someone else said, it's not worth $15. I have heard of you being able to talk them down, 3 for $22 supposedly, but if I am going to spend $15 on eyeshadow it will be MAC!

Let me tell you about the MicaBella. They hire immigrants to sell the makeup for commission only sales! That is why they start so high and then come down and the sales people always have a thick accent- the less you buy it for the less commission they make. It is a rip off. The only reason they even have a website is so that they can look legitimate and show an exorbitantly high price and then when they give you a "deal" at the mall you can think you actually got a deal because you paid less than 65.00! My friend dated one of the guys who owned several micabella kiosks so I know all about this. They only have 6 shades of foundation but will convince you with their pushy sales techniques that you really need to spend that crazy money. 

Don't let them get you! Say no thanks and whatever you do- keep walking. 

Karmyn, you are oh so right. I currently work at a Mica Bella store in Canada and I personally can say the entire thing is a big jip. It's this huge Israelian conspiracy I swearrrr. I've been crazy looking into it. I am not from Israel, I'm what I would call a "front". My boss hires a few Canadian girls to make it look legit. The products are crap. I don't believe anything on the labels. They break me out, which is hard to do, because I have very good skin. We have sales quotas that we need to make and he literally gives us a pitch to sell the products. Because I'm not desperate to make commission (I get a real paycheque, unlike the illegal Israelian workers) I don't follow his stupid harrasing sales pitch. This whole company disgusts me and I've only been here for 2 months. As soon as christmas is over, I'm outta here.  So pleaseeeeeee, no one buy this make up!!!! Do not support this company.

i looooooooove micabella...never will use anything again! yes its pricey but its worth it and i just buy it off ebay or amazon hehe

SIMISIMI100- where do you live?  Im in canada and they do have them here.  I live in calgary and there is a kiosk at cross iron.  Anyway, I had a similar situation.  The girls were SO pushy and for some reason I actually sat down to listen because I was looking for a natural make up and HATE bare essentials.  I have yellow undertones and bare essentials looked horrible on me.  The girl picked out a color ( i think its called sand) and put it on me. It looks amazing.  I couldnt believe how nice it looked.  I had to pick up my kids so i bought it when she told me I could return it.  It didnt make me break out, it didnt dry out my face which was HUGE and it didnt look overly powdery. I usually hate powders because I like the GLOW that foundations give.  I barely use any and it lasts forever.  I bought the BE brushes instead so i paid only 60 bucks and i doubt ill buy anything from there except the foundation.  I am still on the lookout for something better (always haha) and I found a foundation that i loved by TART.  it just wasnt my right color..... If anybody has any suggestions on better brands let me know!  otherwise I would say KEEP IT and enjoy it.  The only thing that scares me about it is like somebody mentioned already...... is what it says thats in there ACTUALLY whats in there?  who knows these days..... kind of scares me.  i checked out on skin deep but they arent registered.

Originally Posted by makeupgeek21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Karmyn, you are oh so right. I currently work at a Mica Bella store in Canada and I personally can say the entire thing is a big jip. It's this huge Israelian conspiracy I swearrrr. I've been crazy looking into it. I am not from Israel, I'm what I would call a "front". My boss hires a few Canadian girls to make it look legit. The products are crap. I don't believe anything on the labels. They break me out, which is hard to do, because I have very good skin. We have sales quotas that we need to make and he literally gives us a pitch to sell the products. Because I'm not desperate to make commission (I get a real paycheque, unlike the illegal Israelian workers) I don't follow his stupid harrasing sales pitch. This whole company disgusts me and I've only been here for 2 months. As soon as christmas is over, I'm outta here.  So pleaseeeeeee, no one buy this make up!!!! Do not support this company.

Whoa!!!!! THANK YOU makeupgeek for this post!  i will never buy from there again!

I'd rather light my own hairs > down there < on fire than EVER buy ANYTHING from Micabella. Rude little turds in the malls, using the same 'hi you look like crap let me try our stuff on you' to every woman I saw pass by, wanted to smack them upside the head. When I went to their FB group and complained about this crap, I got not even a sneeze for a response. They're as bad as the Jehovah's Witnesses. All sorts of verbal diarrhea from brainwashed sakes reps that makes zero sense. When I mentioned to the rude turd that I get better mineral foundation online made by indie companies and that their ingredients didn't justify the jacked up price he was trying to sell me the rubbish for, he swore I had no idea what I was talking about. He truly had no idea that there is a massive world of mineral makeup online.

When I saw this thread I was immediately thinking, "that name sounds very familiar..." and I'm not sure if it has been mentioned already, but I hope none of you are buying this stuff for 65 bucks since it's now on Hautelook for 35. What confuses me is that it's called "Mica Beauty" although on their website it does say Mica Beauty, by Micabella. I've never actually used this brand before, I'm still trying to figure out why my skin hates MMU. However, based on the majority of reviews, it seems like it is very overpriced for what it is.

I got 3 eye shadows for 25 bucks and they wanted to sell me the foundation for 45 hope this helps they can lower there prices .

i bought this make up not to long ago and im allergic to a lot of things but this make up didn't bother me at all. it comes off easy it stays on much longer than any other make up i had. i used mac and left it to get this make up and im in love. i bought the foundation and got 3 eye shadows for free!!! and spent 70.00 she said to keep my receipt because they have to honor it. so next time i go and spend 70.00 i will get 3 eye shadows for free no matter what :)

i bought this make up not to long ago and im allergic to a lot of things but this make up didn't bother me at all. it comes off easy it stays on much longer than any other make up i had. i used mac and left it to get this make up and im in love. i bought the foundation and got 3 eye shadows for free!!! and spent 70.00 she said to keep my receipt because they have to honor it. so next time i go and spend 70.00 i will get 3 eye shadows for free no matter what :)

That price is quite high but I spend just as much on mine from Youngblood. I have been to mall's where  sales people try to push you into things. Even if i like the products, if they are rude or too forceful I just walk away.

I know i dont have many posts, but there are waaay too many people with 1 or 2 posts saying this is the best. I'm not being negative, just an observation.

OMG i just realised these are the Bella Pierre guys in Australia. They have these guys at the Royal Easter Show. Two years ago i was walking through the fashion and style pavilion to watch the fashion parade and these guys were there. They came right out into the middle of the aisle and practically dragged me into the stall. They told me my makeup was crap and not real minerals (it is) and really forcefully tried to get me to buy it. He (it was an israeli man) said if i was comfortable wearing garbage then keep buying my makeup for $5 (it is more expensive than that).

As soon as he realised i wouldnt buy he got really pushy, then rude.

Worst experience ever. This is why all these new posters seem suspicious.

Hello, I have been using their product for 3 years now and love it!!!!  The sales people are pushy and THEY set the price.  I have always paid $35.00 for the loose and now the press when I have bought them at a kiosk in the mall.  The issue I ran into is that when a kiosk closes it makes it hard to find the product without going online.(more expensive)  I had purchased 27 eye colors and two of the loose powders and used the powder for almost 12 months.  The eye shaddow will last a lifetime.  I just recently found another kios and saw that they carry the press powder now..totally awesome.  The coverage that you get from the press is even better than the loose.  I use MF2 press as a base then I use loose MF5 to give color.  I do not use the base cream they sell.  It gave me breakouts.  Most people only need to use one foundation but I have Rosacea and that is why I use two.  I recently started using a spritzer that sets the makeup...by Jane Iredale.  I am sure you could use any simular product.  The make up feels light on your skin and washes off the any facial cleaner.  I have tried almost all of the mineral foundations and I can tell you that the Mica Bella product has been the BEST for me.  I also use the eye primer and liquid eye liner.  I will caution you that you should not buy a lot of product until you are sure you like it and it works for you.  There are NO refunds only exchanges. 

If you like MicaBella then check out the sales on Hautelook. Personally I don't like MicaBella but I DO love Bare Minerals.

I love MicaBella, I have not had any issues with them.  The sales people can be a little aggressive but it does not bother me.  I just think that with anything you buy you have to decide if its worth the price that they are trying to make you pay.  I got quite a bit of product from them for about 100 dollars and it was well worth it because almost 2 years later and I still have a lot left so I basically saved money.  I don't work for MicaBella and I don't use their products exclusively so I'm not gaining anything from saying this.  I just love their mineral make up.

Hmmmm. Something looks fishy here. People with less than 10 posts all love this brand. This is also the only post hey comment on.

I didn't know anything about this brand until last Friday, and I have been wearing their eyeshadows and I love them, it's been hot today and they last on...so far so good :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've had two micabella eyeshadows for almost 2 years I think. Can you press these into pan form like MAC pigments?

I never used them because I just hate loose powders.

My mom and I didn't even want them, but the sales guy just kept pushing them on us. It was so annoying. My mom's phone died, so she asked the guy working there if she could use his phone so she could call me lol. She should have gone into the BEBE store instead because this guy would not let us leave without buying something.

I know that the EDM site says specifically that its foundation cannot harbor bacteria so it doesn't expire. Anyway, I took a look at the micabella site. Six foundation shades? Really? That's worse than BE, and only a little better than Sheer Cover.

Back