Office Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by DallasGirl NyAngel, while I have your attention....do you use a primer or just foundation under your shadow....or anyone else out there?!? If you do use a primer what kind do u think is best?! Also, I have Viva Glam V and Fluterby lipstick.........I LOVE those two colors but I find that neither one stay on that long. Do you have that problem or know of a longer wearing one that is a similiar color?!? Do you use Spice with both of those lipsticks?!

Hey Marisol
icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks for the warm welcome. Over the last month I have become obsessed with makeup!!! My boyfriend is complaining that he comes after my makeup
icon_twisted.gif
Do you guys have similiar problems?!?

Originally Posted by Marisol A lot of us here use Urban Decay Primer Potion. Trisha and Tracey swear by it and I love it too. Janelle hasn't had the best of luck with it (its more to do with the product packaging). I think she uses one from Ultima II.

Originally Posted by DallasGirl Hey Marisol
icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks for the warm welcome. Over the last month I have become obsessed with makeup!!! My boyfriend is complaining that he comes after my makeup
icon_twisted.gif
Do you guys have similiar problems?!? Yup, I think that we all do. Another thing that we all have in common here is that we are a drama-free zone. This is the friendliest make-up site around. Hope you stick around and keep asking those questions!
icon_smile.gif

Well don't worry about me.......no drama here!!!!

Originally Posted by Marisol Yup, I think that we all do. Another thing that we all have in common here is that we are a drama-free zone. This is the friendliest make-up site around. Hope you stick around and keep asking those questions!
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by DallasGirl Also, I have Viva Glam V and Fluterby lipstick.........I LOVE those two colors but I find that neither one stay on that long. Do you have that problem or know of a longer wearing one that is a similiar color?!? Do you use Spice with both of those lipsticks?! i really like the viva glam v lip glass. if you want to try something onlg lasting from mac, there are these glosses. one end has the color and the other end has a clear gloss. the color is long lasting and i guess the clear one seals it and gives it the glossiness. i tested a few of the colors on my hand without the clear gloss and when i went to wipe it off, it was difficult. so i guess that's a good thing. lol.

Originally Posted by Marisol A lot of us here use Urban Decay Primer Potion. Trisha and Tracey swear by it and I love it too. Janelle hasn't had the best of luck with it (its more to do with the product packaging). I think she uses one from Ultima II. i know envy mi uses the ultima II fade not crease not eye primer. i really ought to get a primer. i want to use the ultima one since everyone is saying the UD PP doesn't have much in it
frown.gif
. i want to start wearing my MU more often, so I don't want them to crease on me.

Yes, I use the Ultima II eye primer...it helps keep shadows on all day in any weather! I never liked the UD one. I've never been big on MAC, especially for the lips. If you're looking for something that stays put I'm all about Chanel. It's pricier, but the quality is incredible. Also, if you apply lipliner on your entire lip, it holds the lipstick better.

Hey Dallasgirl!! I just saw your posts and realized that I've never had the opportunity to welcome you to MuT!! I see you've met many of us, but you havent met ME!!!
wink.gif
I'm Tracey from Florida!! Welcome to the board!!! We're glad you found us. As you've probably already found out, this is a wonderful place to hang out and talk about our passion....MAKEUP!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by DallasGirl Well don't worry about me.......no drama here!!!!

Originally Posted by DallasGirl NyAngel, while I have your attention....do you use a primer or just foundation under your shadow....or anyone else out there?!? If you do use a primer what kind do u think is best?! Hey there! Sorry I missed your post... I went to bed! LOL
wink.gif
I have both the UD Primer Potion and the Ultima II Fade Not Crease Not primers... I love the lasting power of the UD, but I think the finish and the amt. they give you w/ the Ultima II is better. (If that makes any sense! LOL) The UD doesn't seem to last for me - even with just using a tiny, tiny bit. But it does make the e/s last a long time. The only thing I don't like about the finish of it is that it sometimes makes my eyes & shadow look a little 'chalky'. The Ultima primer's finish is much nicer. But it sometimes doesn't last as long on the lids - I guess because it's creamier. They're both good... but I think each has it's pros & cons.
icon_wink.gif

UD's primer potions is the best. i am just on my second tube the first one i had lasted forever and i still do have stuff in it. so i am still using the older tube during the day when i dont need as much i like a little more PP at night when i go out.

primer potion has lasted on me over 16 hrs without my shadows creasing or fading. i LOVE PP

Welcome to MuT, Dallasgirl! I'm Jess from Hawaii.

For office makeup, I just think that the most natural, basic mu would be best. I wore MAC's Rio Babe l/s during my job at the courts last summer. Flutterby is similar, but even more natural IMO. It's a great shade, as is Viva Glam V. Maybe a l/s sealant would help your l/s last longer. I think English Ideas (can be found @ Sephora) has one.

Other than that, I can't top the great suggestions from other ladies on the board.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Welcome Dallasgirl! This is a fun site. As for "office" type makeup, I would stick to neutrals. Like browns, roses, taupes, and some plums. For eyes, checks and lips. I would keep a lot of your colors for fun on the town. There are many good brands with a wide range of all of these colors. From light to dark. Play with it to find one that shows off your features but not look overdone. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by DallasGirl Hey Marisol
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_twisted.gif
Do you guys have similiar problems?!? LOL, my BF complains that I'm on MuT too much, hahaha!
PS. Everyone has awesome suggestions, so I won't be redundant. Y'all have summed up my ideas!
wink.gif

Welcome Dallasgirl Everybody has real great ideas so have fun trying colors
smile.gif

What a great article from Mac....thanks charms23....I am def. heading to mac with my next paycheck!!

& good to meet you
icon_biggrin.gif

Also I just discovered the line Flirt sold at Khols.....they have two good everyday lipsticks....one is called Honey the other is nude envy. Has anyone used any of their products I have never really heard about them before.

Originally Posted by charms23 Hi, DallasGirl, and welcome to MuT! Please check out this post from the MAC community in LiveJournal. Here's the link: http://www.livejournal.com/community...s/3100295.html

Originally Posted by DallasGirl Also I just discovered the line Flirt sold at Khols.....they have two good everyday lipsticks....one is called Honey the other is nude envy. Has anyone used any of their products I have never really heard about them before.

I tried a few of their gloss testers, but it was a bit too sticky for my liking (hate when I get my hair stuck to my lips! LOL) But I like all their color choices!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

What about Paula Dorf Perfect Primer? I have an oily t-zone and don't like to wear foundation. I had a sample of it and found it to work really well. Can't find it at Sephora, it's sold out. Anything similar you can suggest?

Originally Posted by Sofia What about Paula Dorf Perfect Primer? I have an oily t-zone and don't like to wear foundation. I had a sample of it and found it to work really well. Can't find it at Sephora, it's sold out. Anything similar you can suggest? I use Ultima II "Under It All" Makeup perfecting Primer... makes your foundation lay really nicely. Also, the Mattifying gel from Clinique is really good as well.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hey Dallasgirl, just wanted to pop in & say WELCOME aswell! Look forward to chatting with you!

I'm not limited in what i want to use on my face to work (although i wouldnt go overboard either!).. Some neutrals i like are MAC Shroom, Satin Taupe, Patina, Honesty, Retrospeck, Bobbi Brown Stone Shimmerwash

Back