Quantcast

Oscar nominations for Best Makeup

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Oscar noms came out today and of course, I immediately went to see who was nominated for Best Acheivement in Makeup. Three very different films. Any predictions?

LEMONY SNICKET'S A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS

Make-up Artist Bill Corso

PASSION OF THE CHRIST

Make-up Artists Keith Vanderlaan and Christian Tinsley

THE SEA INSIDE

Make-up Artist Jo Allen

Reaction score
I'm afraid I haven't seen any of these movies... so I'm going to let you vote for me Joy! LOL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I'm afraid I haven't seen any of these movies... so I'm going to let you vote for me Joy! LOL

Same here. Joy, it's all you baby!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I'm afraid I haven't seen any of these movies... so I'm going to let you vote for me Joy! LOL

LOL!
I haven't seen "The Sea Inside" -- but now I have to, so I'll let you know. I only recommend "Passion" for those with strong stomachs -- it's pretty intense! And interesting, because the make-up department worked very closely with the visual effects department (computer CGI) to pull off several sequences. I suspect some controversy on this one!

Reaction score
I'm with Janelle & Gail! Sorry joy!.. I'll vote anyway & take a guesss.. Do i win a prize if i who choose to win, wins!! (just kidding)

Reaction score
Yes, I saw Passion and it was pretty intense. havent seen the others.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux LOL!
I haven't seen "The Sea Inside" -- but now I have to, so I'll let you know. I only recommend "Passion" for those with strong stomachs -- it's pretty intense! And interesting, because the make-up department worked very closely with the visual effects department (computer CGI) to pull off several sequences. I suspect some controversy on this one!

Reaction score
Nice new avatar Scarlette!

BTW, where in the Bay Area are you from? I was born & raised in Menlo Park, on the Peninsula.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scarlette Hey thanks! I live about 15 minutes from Menlo Park , right over the bridge in Newark. hehhe!
Cool cool!

Reaction score
Bump!

Didya know... although it's called the award for best acheivement in make-up, the Oscar is shared between the key make-up designer & key hair stylist.